League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The snowballing on TT2 is just stupid (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2737610)

Henry Plainview 10-28-2012 05:04 PM

The snowballing on TT2 is just stupid

Every single game I've played on it has been over at 5 minutes, the next 20 are just dragging it out until the game ends at 25-3. I never saw so many stompfests in a row in my hundreds of old TT games, even with the fairly ridiculous gold bonus of Ebonmaw.

tehbawss 10-28-2012 05:36 PM

The chances of turning a game around after 5 bad minutes of feeding is pretty much impossible. At least on old TT and SR, hell, even Dominion, you can rebound.

Ashno 10-28-2012 06:49 PM

old TT was much worse with snowballing. tbh

Nularia 10-28-2012 07:18 PM

They wanted to make it a "Fast paced quick game mode"

I like the way the old Twisted Treeline played, yes, there were flaws to it, but if someone got uber fed, then screwed up royally, they could still lose, it's not just get a hell of alot of kills, take the lead, and then never have to worry about losing it like new TT is.

SaveTheMaids 10-28-2012 07:28 PM

Yeah your only hope is for the enemy team to get cocky, catch one of them horribly out of position, and turn it around that way.

Otherwise, enemy Singed, Darius, and Cho'gath got first blood and took both alters? GG

You can't even play defensively because they will just continually take your alters, farm the whole map, then dive you.

fiddlesticksssss 10-28-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids (Hozzászólás 30802896)
Yeah your only hope is for the enemy team to get cocky, catch one of them horribly out of position, and turn it around that way.

Otherwise, enemy Singed, Darius, and Cho'gath got first blood and took both alters? GG

You can't even play defensively because they will just continually take your alters, farm the whole map, then dive you.

This. The speed altar just makes it worse. If 3 people from a enemy 5s team came into your jungle, you could easily collapse and kill those 3, no matter how far ahead they were. On SI you are not safe ever in your own jungle, even if your team helps you. The enemy can easily escape thanks to that speed shrine helping them get back to their turret faster. Jungle is made terribly and altars are just a a bad design. However the main reason they wont take the altars away it seems is because of the easter eggs they put into them. Then again those only apply to certain champions, so you could easily just make the easter egg talk when you spawn at 0:00 for that specific character.

chaser676 10-28-2012 07:43 PM

I don't understand how 50 minute turtle fests that erase all leads are preferable

Henry Plainview 10-28-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaser676 (Hozzászólás 30803311)
I don't understand how 50 minute turtle fests that erase all leads are preferable

You can stop turtling while also not making it the most brutally unforgiving map in LoL. I can only think of one comeback game on TT2 I've had, and that was only because the other team just wandered around when they killed us over and over again, and then when we finally killed them we pushed to win.

Sam 10-28-2012 08:22 PM

if there is snowballing in new TT, old TT must have been an avalanche... xD

Maverick Marz 10-28-2012 08:27 PM

I have had some of comebacks in this game.

In 1 game in particular I was so mad with my teammates that I actually began to troll/feed on purpose for 2 minutes and when I saw they became careless we turned it around and won. They didn't know what happened.

But I also have seen plenty of game when we are owning them and the enemy keeps trying to engage us. That's just being stupid, not this map's fault.

If Darius gets fed early on because enemy keeps trying to engage him then it could be the end of it. All you need to do is coordinate and change the strategy. But that takes both teamwork and plenty of communication too.