League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Looking for alternatives for DFG (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2733852)

grimunk 10-27-2012 04:48 PM

Looking for alternatives for DFG

So the DFG nerf came around, and I found it was more core to my build than I realized. I really took advantage of the initiative it could give me (being a squishy caster), and the CDR would often save me.

Now it's gone, and I've really felt the loss - I have dramatically less hitting power, and I'm unable to protect myself with my stun as much as I once could.

So, those others out there who needed DFG to make their champs viable, what alternatives are out there?

Redeemed In Fire 10-27-2012 04:53 PM

On who? Assassins should still get it.

grimunk 10-27-2012 06:10 PM

Mainly on veigar. I know I know, "not viable to begin with" etc. - I was doing just fine with him before the nerf. DFG now does far too little for me, and I'm trying to find something that is available as early that will make up for it.

Luninareph 10-27-2012 07:06 PM

Hard to say, really. DFG is 2600 gold...you could go with Abyssal Scepter, for 2650, but getting in range for the aura to proc isn't always easy. (Helps against people who jump you, though.) Switching to Morello's Evil Tome will impact your build the least, in terms of keeping the AP, CDR, initial Kage's, and comparable price (2330 gold,) but I don't know if that provides the oomph you're looking for. You could replace it with Void Staff (2295) for damage or Will of the Ancients (2500) for spellvamp, if those aren't already part of your build, or maybe you could just rush them faster if they are.

If you're looking for something to replace the offensive power of DFG, I'd go for Abyssal or Void. If you're looking for something with extra survivability so you can survive longer to make up for your lack of damage, I'd go for Abyssal (situationally) or WotA. If you're looking for the CDR, then Morello's is probably your best choice. If you're asking me for my personal opinion, I'd try replacing it with an earlier Void or with WotA.

Take heart, though. Morello's plan was to remove DFG and buff burst casters so they don't need it anymore. DFG has not been removed, but it HAS been nerfed, so chances are good that burst casters are going to get buffed at some point in the not-too-distant future to make up for it.

AlphaFerric 10-27-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimunk (Hozzászólás 30765403)
Mainly on veigar. I know I know, "not viable to begin with" etc. - I was doing just fine with him before the nerf. DFG now does far too little for me, and I'm trying to find something that is available as early that will make up for it.

To hell with the viability thing, play what you feel is good and make it work is my motto.

As for a replacement, DFG still gives good burst on its active (not as good, but it adds another nuke to your kit). Without knowing the rest of your build its hard to say what good replacements are, but I'm guesssing what you want is CDR and some form of a damage boost. If that is what you're looking for Morello's can be a decent option. Its active is always nice to have, and it provides plenty of CDR. Hextech sweeper is cheaper by a long shot and will give you vision+cdr (a lot of useful stats bundled up in one). Frozen Heart is always a good pick up. Really you could just go to the items tab and look at what has cdr+stats you want.

Luninareph 10-27-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFerric (Hozzászólás 30767215)
To hell with the viability thing, play what you feel is good and make it work is my motto.

Agreed!

Astronautical 10-28-2012 08:00 AM

I know it's a prettydifferent item but on the champs i used to get dfg I get sweeper. It gives you the CD and some bulk and utility. all of which are useful.

FDru 10-28-2012 08:23 AM

You can get 39% CDR with Morello's, CDR boots and masteries.

CarnivaL 10-28-2012 10:19 AM

The DFG nerf only changes your choice of boots from sorcerers to lucidity. It weakens your early-mid but averages out late.

HaIfhearted 10-28-2012 11:43 AM

You can reach max CDR with Frozen Heart, Hextech Sweeper, and 9/21/0 masteries.