League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Log out button (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2728922)

Vondur 10-26-2012 01:46 PM

Log out button @ Riot Employees

I go to a LAN center, often, and play League there. I know that there are a lot of guys who go there daily and play League. Their computers are nice, screens are big and the mouse/keyboard respond much better than my own (at home).

Anyway, it would be very nice to have a "Log Out" button, instead of having to close the whole program. Reason being is this, often over the weekends there are a ton of kids there (it can get kind of crazy sometimes). When I get up to go to the restroom, buy a drink, buy food, step outside for a min (whatever the reason)... that gives some dis-honest person the chance to hop on my computer and possibly mess with my account. The reason we don't shut down the client when we step away from the computer is.... At the LAN center we are not on the main account to the computer. We are not able to download new content to computer to keep on that (or any) computer there. For that to happen the manager would have to log on to each computer and load new content. League has so many updates, so often, that there is no way for the manager to do that. So, every time we open the client we have to load all new content. This doesn't seem like much, however, to do this every time eats up time and when you pay for your time to be on a computer 10 mins is 10 mins you are not playing.

Can a Riot employee get back to me on this?

Lord Berghel 10-26-2012 09:45 PM

I don't really get your argument, but I support this idea.

I think the only reason Riot hasn't implemented it is because it would make queue dodging too easy. :/

Fatalen 10-26-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Berghel (Hozzászólás 30736518)
I don't really get your argument, but I support this idea.

I think the only reason Riot hasn't implemented it is because it would make queue dodging too easy. :/

Nah, just put it on the summoner profile next to "create a ranked team". You can't access this during champ select.

Vondur 10-26-2012 11:19 PM

I suppose I put a lot of information in there.

At the LAN center, any time you want to play L.O.L. you have to download all the new content. And it may not be the original download, but it's from one of the first patches. (next time I go I'll look, if it shows it) And the more new information that comes out, the longer it takes to load the newest patch.

So I can be sitting there for 5-10 mins just waiting for the client to load so I can sign in. However, if there was a "Log out" button the client would not shut all the way down. I could just log out and keep the newest version of the client up. Keeping my League account safe from untrustworthy children.

I hope that cleared it up a little.

Shargun 10-26-2012 11:51 PM

this is an idea I've really been after. The X button logs you out but it doesn't revert to the menu where you can log back in. For those that say it enables easier leaving, I know someone already said put it next to create a ranked team but pressing the X button and clicking yes is pretty easy already. It's a good idea.

Vondur 10-26-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shargun (Hozzászólás 30739626)
this is an idea I've really been after. The X button logs you out but it doesn't revert to the menu where you can log back in. For those that say it enables easier leaving, I know someone already said put it next to create a ranked team but pressing the X button and clicking yes is pretty easy already. It's a good idea.

I agree. It is already very easy to leave the queue. I see people do it all the time. Pretty easy to hit two buttons with the mouse! Thank you for your input!

Shargun 10-26-2012 11:59 PM

no problem

FilthyMcgyver 10-27-2012 07:21 PM

Log me out

Pls put in a log out button im with this guy ^^ should happen. Just way nicer than having to relog the entire game all over again

Beaumains 10-29-2012 05:11 PM

This isn't just useful for those who go to a LAN cafe, it's really a QoL improvment for the client.

Arcticfury 10-30-2012 01:40 PM

Why don't you simply run a second LOL client, it will boot up and a little dialog box will tell you the client is already running and ask if you want to run it anyways, then click your X to log out of the original, then go to the bathroom, come back and hit the yes on the dialog box. All done.