League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Idea for a new champion: The Minion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2728154)

SaintPinHead 10-26-2012 10:53 AM

Idea for a new champion: The Minion

I want to see some minion love. We love to smash, blast, and claw these little creatures to death, but what if for some reason the nexus created a sentient minion, with the abilities of both melee and caster minions. This minion is larger than the rest and carries a staff that has a melee weapon on one side and a caster's wand on the other.

During a battle in the Rift, the summoners notice a minion doing something never thought of before, he is not obeying the preset commands. Without giving this single minion much though the summoners let the battle rage on, while the minion watched as his brethren march to their doom. Soon enough emotions begin to build, and rage begin to boil. The minion charged to the battle field with its sights set on the champions that slaughtered everything in their path.

As the minion entered the battle, he began to grow in strength and size as minions around him were taken into him. As his rage boiled over, the minion began to kill everything in it's path, until the summoners stopped the battle, and imprisoned it. They began to study the minion to find out what caused it to become sentient, as to not let it happen again. After extensive research they were unable to conclude how this event was even possible.

Being a sentient being the summoners released the minion into society. After months of tirelessly roaming, the minion stumbled upon the Demacia guard. As normal everyone picked on the minion, pretending to be a champion in the League. The minion finally snapped, and began to fight off the guard. Eventually more and more guards were being pushed back, until Jarvan IV stopped the senseless fighting. Jarvan IV asked the minion to join his guard. The minion agreed with one stipulation, he was able to fight in the league so if what happened to him, he would be able to protect the next minion.

Joining the League under the name of The Minion, it fights with resolve that all minions will now have their own champion. Proving once in for all that minions are not pushovers, there only to push the lanes.

Warlemming 10-26-2012 10:54 AM

I thought the Minion was already in the game under the name of Veigar

Vote Third Party 10-26-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlemming (Hozzászólás 30711736)

HEY! Is that a short joke?!

DrenRawr 10-26-2012 10:57 AM

riot plz

iTurdles 10-26-2012 10:57 AM

This idea is very interesting though I feel that inhibitors spawn enough super minions that are basically mini champions. They are a pain to kill right now so why add to the mess with another nuiscance.

Darikalx 10-26-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlemming (Hozzászólás 30711736)

they renamed it sona didn't they?

Merxamers 10-26-2012 11:06 AM

i have had this idea for weeks! i've even thought about the abilities it could have:

Passive: minions within a radius of 'Crispin the Creep Messiah' gain 15 HP (+ some AP %) and 5 Attack

Q: A Mage creep accumalates a charge for a short while and attack the targeted enemy champ for (some AP damage) (same for melee creep, but for AD)

W: Target creep explodes, dealing splash damage and slowing champs within the blast radius

E: Target creep becomes Zealous, gaining stats similar to a 'inhibitor creep' for a short while; Crispin controls this creep

R: Crispin places a marker, where a creep wave immediately spawns. His ability cooldowns (besides his ult) refresh

I was thinking that a champ like this could be an awesome meta changer; he could be the best lane pusher in the game, but have a slight weakness in team fights (until he gets his ult). I think he would be an awesome support; why isn't there already a champion based around creep manipulation?

SaintPinHead 10-26-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkturtles (Hozzászólás 30711831)
This idea is very interesting though I feel that inhibitors spawn enough super minions that are basically mini champions. They are a pain to kill right now so why add to the mess with another nuiscance.

If you stop and look at the super minion it is really only a normal minion on a machine. What I am talking about is a champion. I liked some of the ideas Merxamers had, but would like to see some that make him a champion in his own right. For instance, let's say as a passive: for every 10 minions it kills it gets .5 ap or ad (as if it is absorbing the minions).

I liked the q ability Merxamers had, but that seems like it would be useful only in laning phase. In addition we couldn't have one where he spawned minions because it could be exploited at the towers. So maybe he can have a q where it combines Merxamers' and with the mild boost, the minions will follow The Minion around for 30 seconds, and affects the two closest minions of those type.

Minion swarm is interesting but would only be viable if there were enough minions around, and late game would fail because a single AOE could in turn kill most if not all of them. How about a new ability for it, something for it's weapon. The spiked sword could turn into something of a drill stunning the enemies, and the caster's wand could be something along the lines of AOE damage with a quick blind effect.

But I have to get off so I will cut this short here. Hope to hear more from anyone else.

Ragazinski 10-26-2012 11:27 AM

You DO REALIZE... that backstory is amazing but has one major flaw.

If he joins the league, he will have to slaughter his minion brethren every match. Countless minions will die by his hand, completely contradictory of how he even came to be in the first place.

Mico27 10-26-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragazinski (Hozzászólás 30712908)
You DO REALIZE... that backstory is amazing but has one major flaw.

If he joins the league, he will have to slaughter his minion brethren every match. Countless minions will die by his hand, completely contradictory of how he even came to be in the first place.

Easy fix: passive: Can't attack minions, gains gold and XP over time