League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Honor System Discussion and Suggestions (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2727700)

Kiss The Wounded 10-26-2012 09:06 AM

Honor System Discussion and Suggestions

Greetings and salutations!

I must say I am very pleased with the honor system - while there are some individuals that appear from time to time acting pessimistic in the mists of their peers with ribbons, - overall I find that those who have received or are in the process of recieving their honors to be pleasurable company. I suppose my only gripe is that I cannot fathom why the UI currently only displays one ribbon, and would love to see it expanded. I understand that the system is new, and that is may be in the works already, but am curious to hear from the community about their experiences and thoughts.

Has anyone run into an 'honorable opponent,' that isn't a team player, for instance? Would anyone, - credited to (Sereg Anfaug) and other unnamed individuals for the idea, - care for multiple ribbons, one in each corner?

I think it would be terribly cute to have a yellow and purple ribbon on the bottom left and right corners to go along with the possibility of the green and red on the top of the champion artwork display. However, perhaps that would be too cluttered? It would also be impossible to proudly display all in the champion selection screen, but what about integrating a 'select displayable ribbon' tab somewhere on the profile?

Opinions?

:- ) Kiss~

Oriana 10-26-2012 06:45 PM

Since it's an all encompassing title, I'll just post it here.

Can we please have a reporting category for the Honor System? Tired of seeing these people asking for honor - if it isn't against the rules its just so damn tacky. And if we see anyone trading we need a category for reporting it :-\

Qsario 10-27-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oriana (Hozzászólás 30729850)

Can we please have a reporting category for the Honor System? Tired of seeing these people asking for honor - if it isn't against the rules its just so damn tacky. And if we see anyone trading we need a category for reporting it :-\

Allegedly, we're supposed to file it under "spamming." Then again, the last report I saw for that was pardoned (I chose 'punish') so who knows? They don't let us read pre or post-game chat, so it's hard to know for sure.

skullshogun 10-28-2012 06:32 AM

I think it would be nice to add a section where you can review your honor and also see your own honor ribbons. Not so much so that players can brag about their honor (thats a bit arrogant I think). But rather so you know what areas you are being honored for and therefore what sorts of things you are doing to earn said honor. That way a player can know what area in the game they are "doing right" so to speak, and what areas they can improve on to improve the overall quality players have with each other.

For example: IF you can see that you are an honorable opponent, then you would be able to know that the way you conduct yourself as an opponent is acceptable and can continue to carry yourself that way to make a better experience for all the other players.

If I had to choose, id say make your honor ribbons only visible to YOU when looking on your profile unless you are actually playing a match where the appropriate ribbon will show to either youre team or your opponents. That way it doesn't become an official "stat" where players try to cheat the system and swap honor just to get the ribbon.

Tengauge12 10-28-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oriana (Hozzászólás 30729850)

This is a reportable offence.. It it stated in the CODE, that individual which whom request honor, that you report them under the " Spamming " section specifically stated that they're asking for honor.

Sereg Anfaug 10-28-2012 08:33 AM

Heh, thanks for the credit. I fully support this thread ;)

Eunson 10-28-2012 01:48 PM

There should be a Quitter ribbon where people that quit multiple times receive this ribbon. These people should only play with each other. There should also be a way to toggle the ribbon on and off.

Kaalika 10-28-2012 02:57 PM

I would like the option to hide the honor ribbon from my team and opponents and just have a normal game. I'd also like it to show up cooler on my profile instead.

Maybe the smile, book, trident, and crossed sword could get colorful if you've earned the ribbon.

BigPointyStick 10-30-2012 10:17 AM

Is there a way to choose which ribbon shows up? I currently have the 'Honorable Opponent' on display, but I'd much rather have my 'Teamwork' ribbon be displayed.

bigusa 11-03-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eunson (Hozzászólás 30791240)
There should be a Quitter ribbon where people that quit multiple times receive this ribbon. These people should only play with each other. There should also be a way to toggle the ribbon on and off.

Pointless as you cant leave at champ select. If they made it a valid reason to leave, at champ select (because there are players with leave history), then by all means would be great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPointyStick (Hozzászólás 30856642)
Is there a way to choose which ribbon shows up? I currently have the 'Honorable Opponent' on display, but I'd much rather have my 'Teamwork' ribbon be displayed.

4 ribbons, 4 corners, one ribbon on each corner, that's how it should be.