League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Think Of The Trash Computers!! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2726749)

Mustaphah 10-26-2012 03:01 AM

Think Of The Trash Computers!!

REALLY REALLY HOPE THIS GETS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION

Frist off - AMAZING MAP, my god the gameplay is beautiful, i was getting bored of rift because it was somewhat slow gameplay in lanes, but this is amazing, there is so much roaming and ganking, I LOVE IT!!!
BUT... HERES THE BUT

You see i have kind of a crappy computer and a i usually play on all low detail on rift which is fine i usually get 25 - 30 fps which gets me through, but when i was playing TT i got about 15 FPS which is pretty unplayable imo.

i'l remind you i play on everything very low no shadows, and the problem is on low detail there is still so much lighting effect textures on the ground and just lights in general, you can see vines and what not hanging off ledges and light shining up from the inhibs on the lowest detail.

now don't get me wrong i'm not saying i don't like detail its just that i can't play with that much detail and i feel the lowest graphic setting shouldn't have that much detail, i'm only saying this because i love this map so much but i won't be able to play if this isn't lowered, and i feel i can't be the only one, if i can get a good FPS on this TT i will WITHOUT A DOUBT play much more of this then rift :D

Parametrics 10-26-2012 03:40 AM

specs please.
I got it working on a $200 netbook at ~30 fps

Mistuh Miyagi 10-26-2012 03:51 AM

upgrade computers ;P

DaSojins 10-26-2012 03:58 AM

As far as your reduced frame rate goes, I would say give it a few more days. I know last night (10/25/12) RIOT had a bunch of Champions unavailable because they were broken. During this time, I played a game on the new map where one of my opponents was Akali. Every time she dropped her Twilight Shroud, My Computer would freak out. I had frame rates jumping all over the place, I experienced server lag, and even some spell effects weren't working right. (I think Trynd was trying to use spinning slash, but you can't imagine how freaked I was when Tryndamere threw another Tryndamere at me!) I have had similar experiences in other matches on that map, but none quite as bad as this one instance.

At the moment, I am fairly convinced that the droves of people complaining about lag aren't just looking for an excuse for dying in the given situation. Furthermore, I don't think they all are accustomed to running the game on minimum settings. I have played the new map on several different machines, and even my lowly laptop can maintain ~30fps in most teamfight situations. However, every one of my computers has run into some sort of issue at some point trying to deal with the new map. I don't know that it is the case for all of these situations, but I am blaming the bugs.

Ching 10-26-2012 04:37 PM

i have the exact same problem, before these patches i could play LoL perfectly with no lag (i had all my details on low but because of my not so good computer) but now it laggs a heap and even on lowest detail the map looks so great, i just think there should be lower graphic details than what there are now so people with not to good computers can play at a decent level with no lag. i geuss what im trying to say is, great work with the new map but i would rather be able to play the game with no lag on the worst graphic details than admire the hanging vines and chains with a whole lot of lag. please! create settings that put the graphics and lightings on really low detail!!!

Trono210 10-26-2012 04:40 PM

I play on a mac, and i get fine fps oh default, did your computer come from the 9's?

fiddlesticksssss 10-26-2012 04:41 PM

When i play kennen ( and for some reason i keep making the same mistake ) i drop from 25 fps to 6 when i E W anything. They said a lot of the lag and frame dropping is from champion particles. However they do need to lower the detail on very low, because on very low the map still looks way to good.

CallMeCrazySam 10-26-2012 05:20 PM

They are saying that their patch changed some stuff under the hood to the point of when particles are used, the terrain around the particles is redrawn, which causes the major lag. I saw somewhere they are testing their hotfix at the moment.