League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pastry Kassadin [Contest] ($200 in Riot Points in Prizes!) (Potentially *$300) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2726108)

A Giant Boulder 10-25-2012 10:51 PM

Pastry Kassadin [Contest] ($200 in Riot Points in Prizes!) (Potentially *$300)

Introduction:

So, I was thinking about Kassadin the other night, and I realized that his particles have a lot of potential, especially if we move away from the whole nightmarish void creature deal. Naturally I thought of Pastry Kassadin, what could possibly be more amazing than spraying your enemies with pink frosting in an apron? I found this so amusing that I decided I simply must see a picture of it.

That of course, has now led to this thread. So here is the deal folks. I am holding two different competitions both wrapped into this thread. The first one I'll talk about will be the art/visual contest.

Art/Visual Contest:

The rules are simple, create a Pastry Kassadin themed piece of art. It doesn't have to be drawn art, as long as it is a visual piece of work that you created, it will count for the contest. Pictures, cake designs, even a video, I want you to get creative.

Non-Visual Contest:

The second contest will be the non-visual contest. I want you to create something related to Pastry Kassadin. It can't be anything visual, as that falls into the first contest, but anything else goes. Stories, skin concepts (What would the particles be), songs, anything goes! My hope is that nobody feels left out since not everyone can draw, wherever your skills lie, I want you to be able to show them off with this contest.

Prize Structure:

The current prize structure for the contest is as follows. After submissions are over, I will review and select one from each contest to each receive a $25 Riot Points card. I will then create two threads with polls and a list of all submissions (Excluding my personal choices) for each contest. The community will then vote and the winner of each poll will also receive a $25 Riot Points card each.

From there, a final poll will be held, with my choices and the communities going head to head in a final bout to determine the greatest Pastry Kassadin creation of all time. The winner of this final poll will be taking home another $50 in Riot Points in the form of two more $25 Riot Points cards. I will also be giving away five $10 Riot Points cards, to five submissions of my choice. I withhold the right to give these out either randomly as generated by a website, or to submissions of my choice, depending on if I feel there were very close runner-ups who did not win community choice, or to creations with specific requirements as set by me(see end of post). This depends entirely on the number and quality of submissions. However the goal is that these will be given away randomly, so as long as you create a submission, you have a chance to win!

Misc. Information:

edit: Contest extended once again, see update at bottom of post. Tentative date is December, more concrete date in the future.
. This is so that the contest can finish/Riot Points can be handed out in time for players to purchase the limited availability skins. Depending on the popularity of the contest/feedback, this date may be subject to change. Also, again depending on the quantity of submissions, I reserve the right to reject submissions that exclusively under my sole judgement are determined to be troll submissions. Please note, this does not mean poorly made paint art will be rejected, but rather simply states if I feel a creation did not contain a modicum of effort, I will reject it, to prevent flooding of submissions.

Submissions should be posted here in this thread as well as any questions or feedback. I may change things about the contest, such as prize structure depending on feedback, however I may only shuffle things around, the prize total will -not- drop under $200. The only circumstances that will cause this contest to be cancelled are if reception is overwhelmingly negative, or submission count exceptionally low.

Special Prize Structure and Recap:

If you desire to win one of the $10 Riot Points cards (note: Winning another prize renders you ineligible for this one), include Sinful Succulence Morgana in your creation. The best creation including her will be eligible for this prize.

*As an added bonus, for every Rioter who creates a submission for this contest, I will add a $10 Riot Points card, to be given away randomly to a submission who did not win another prize. (Up to a cap of $100, or 10 unique Rioters)

TL;DR Prize Structure: -4x $25 Riot Points cards, Two each to personal and voter choice.

-$50 (2x$25) in Riot Points Grand Prize to poll winner out of the four winners above.

-$50 (5x$10) to five winners selected by certain criteria set by me

-$100 (10x$10) potentially given randomly away to submissions based on Rioter contribution

I wish everyone the best of luck, and I encourage you to be creative in your submissions, I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Update: Mk, so here's the deal. I'm not going to throw out a deadline, just yet, as since I missed the opportunity to give out rp for the harrowing skins, I would at least like to match it so I can do the Christmas skins. As such, the new deadline is going to be roughly a week before the christmas skins sale ends, which should be sometime in December.

I know this is quite the long extension, which may disappoint some of you, but I figured if I was going to have to extend at all, it might as well be long enough to allow those who take longer to create their pieces, and again for the matter of the skin sales. Again I apologize to those who are unhappy with this decision, but I strongly feel it's in the best interest of the contest to extend it longer.

As for my personal situation which caused me to need to delay the contest, I actually was kicked out, and forced to move into an apartment. Which even outside of not having internet for a day or two, resulted in my finances being too unsteady for me to be able to continue with the contests rewards. This also ties into the long extension, giving me plenty of time to ensure I can purchase and deliver all rewards. Again I apologize to this disappointed, but I hope you agree with me in that this is better than a straight cancellation, and once again I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

And a quick side note, I have been very very impressed with some of the submissions I have seen so far, truly some great effort going into these. And to answer a common question I'm seeing, yes you can enter as much as you like, however you are only eligible for one prize for each contest. Meaning you could draw fifty pictures if you desired, and win if only one of them won, but not win for several pictures.

Doran 10-25-2012 10:54 PM

Interesting, I will likely be editing this post in the future.

I can't wait to see what comes out of this.

HUPNAR 10-25-2012 10:57 PM

+1 good idea, good luck

Konpaku Youmu 10-25-2012 11:14 PM

Omnomnomnomnomnom

Barso55 10-25-2012 11:22 PM

lmfao :D

Scrotus Maximus 10-25-2012 11:31 PM

Hmmm, I want to enter!

ChecktheGolem 10-25-2012 11:32 PM

First page!
Also, enter me please. I'll post some OC here later.

Kormex 10-25-2012 11:38 PM

Like the idea, can't wait to see the entries :)

gcook725 10-26-2012 12:20 AM

I really hope that this gets attention that it deserves: The skin idea is good and the contest is a great way to get the word out.

Chatterz 10-26-2012 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Am i doing it right?