League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   League Judgement: Jax (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=272289)

Morthiul 10-01-2010 08:18 PM

League Judgement: Jax

Observation
As Jax entered the room, his armor and sword ready, most people observed nothing but the doors opening. Jax looked at the words mounting the door's frame, "The truest opponent lies within". He read these words to himself as he readied himself for the test ahead.

Reflection
To onlookers, only a second passed. To Jax, he was elsewhere for what seemed like minutes. He was in different area, foreign to him standing across from a man. As Jax came to terms with his situation, the man became known to him as High Councilor Reginald Ashram. As the man shuffled towards Jax, he reached for his sword instinctively, touching nothing but a lamp post. Jax then realized he was without his weapon. He was vulnerable. He hadn't felt this way in his whole fighting career. The man smiled as he spoke to Jax.

"You are going to go far, child," he said, his words sincere. "You must be ready for the challenges ahead. You will be discriminated against, my boy. They will strip you of your weapons, of your blade. But you must rise above it, my boy. Most champions are asked why they joined the League, but your story has just begun. Now look at the lamp post. It is a symbol. You are strong. You will overcome. I ask you not why you join the League, but can you take it? Can you take the inequality? Can you face the blades and weapons of your enemies despite the handicap? Will you rise to the challenge, Oh master of arms?"

Jax was dumbfounded. He didn't know how to respond to all this. All his life, he was a faceless soldier on a field of bloody anonymity. He was finally someone in the eyes of someone. He felt... like a champion for once. He liked the feeling, the rush of the non-exsistent crowd cheering his name. "Jax! Jax! Jax!" Jax looked the man dead in the eyes and finally responded, "I will try."

The man smiled at the soon-to-be champion. "You will try, and you will rise above it, Jax my boy. You are destined for greatness."

Jax could feel the truth in the man's words. He knew the man could see the gleam in his eye. The roaring in his ear. Jax reached out to thank the man.

But the man and the lampost and the clearing. It was no longer there, and neither was he. He was gone. He was back. He was in the hall with the door looming in front.

Jax was back to reality. He looked at the door, now open in front of him. He took his first steps toward the place that would make him a legend. Under his breath he whispered one final vow. "You won't be disappointed. You will be entertained. They all will be." He then turned to the gateway and entered, longing for the crowd that would soon be his.

Haestro 10-01-2010 08:59 PM

I've got an even better one:

Jax walked into the room, and walked out.

OH SNAP SON 10-04-2010 01:51 AM

Though the story is good, we unfortunately know that Jax had no recorded observations during his judgement...

nice though.

Morthiul 10-04-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OH SNAP SON (Hozzászólás 3245815)
Though the story is good, we unfortunately know that Jax had no recorded observations during his judgement...

nice though.

The idea is the recorder saw nothing. It was a meeting of Jax and Reginald more or less out of existence. Obviously Reginald saw something in Jax, so it makes sense to me that he'd prepare Jax, but since he has no moment to go back to, it only makes sense to talk about his future. Hence the lamp post and such.

Masonry 10-04-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morthiul (Hozzászólás 3246064)
The idea is the recorder saw nothing. It was a meeting of Jax and Reginald more or less out of existence. Obviously Reginald saw something in Jax, so it makes sense to me that he'd prepare Jax, but since he has no moment to go back to, it only makes sense to talk about his future. Hence the lamp post and such.

Personally I assumed that Jax is Reginald thus explaining Reginald's disaperance and how a person of Jax's caliber could be unknown before the league of legends.

Sylph 10-04-2010 10:16 PM

Added - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=256575

TheChiatroll 10-05-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haestro (Hozzászólás 3209851)
I've got an even better one:

Jax walked into the room, and walked out.

Jax walked into a room. A room has been slain.