League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Extremely disappointed. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2721928)

an N M E 10-25-2012 10:52 AM

Extremely disappointed.

Hey, guys. I've been playing League for a while now; I've got nearly 1k wins under my belt and I'd wager that 2/3s of those wins have been on Twisted Treeline. Needless to say, it was my favorite map.

Today when I began my first TT match, I was appalled. My first thought, seeing as I started with 825g, was, "Great, another Dominion-style map." But, I decided to allay my predisposed notions of the map and give it an honest play-through.

The first thing I noticed were the Crystal Scar-esque buffs in the middle of the map. Those immediately turned me off; but then, I noticed the weird new items in the shop. Again, I thought of Dominion, a map I despise.

As I played (as Malph), I noticed nobody on either team really knew what to do. We were all running around sort of aimlessly, with no real strategy. We'd be in lane, then one of those altars would unlock and one or two of us would run up and try to capture it, while the remaining players would stay in lane and exchange blows. We'd constantly switch lanes and ganks were non-existent; if they did occur, they were uncoordinated and happened by chance.

I'll be honest, though. You can attribute my former complaints to the fact that this is a new map and new strategies are yet to be made. However, what drew me to Twisted Treeline was the fact that it felt like a condensed version of Summoner's Rift. There was a dragon to be taken, miscellaneous jungle buffs to be had, and un-revealed areas to be warded. Players were forced to stay in lane, farm, and exchange (much like SR) but on a smaller scale.

I don't really know how to factually convey my opinion (that I don't like this map and think that the old TT was more fun) but plainly, I've just lost my favorite map. It's just disappointing, and I felt the need to vent on the forums. Thanks for reading.

Peligrad 10-25-2012 11:04 AM

I'll also admit that my first thought when I saw capture points was "WHY!?"

It kind of makes the map gimmicky if you ask me. It also more limits champion selection...which is the opposite of what they were going for right?

I mean strong level 1 champs are really going to be favored when the first thing you do is run in a pile for a cap point. How many games are going to be won or lost in that opining event? A good portion I would wager. On the flip side, who is going to take a team liability like Amumu when you've gotta fight at level 1?

The second thing I noticed was the items. They aren't well balanced IMO.

I'm already shuddering to think what an Udyr (or Xin) can do with the blade of the ruined king and tiger stance...seems like jungle and player annihilation to me...

But I mean, these items are gimmicky and they favor champions that favor certain stats...like AS for the Ruined King weapon...not really balanced items...

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of QQing to come once people figure these things out...

Strikerjroar1 10-25-2012 11:14 AM

I was pretty pissed off and had the same exact thoughts as you an N M E

WrathgarWarlord 10-25-2012 11:18 AM

New TT is horrid. I may stop playing... I loved TT and 90% of my games were on that map. Now... I really have little reason to play since I don't really enjoy SR.

an N M E 10-25-2012 11:21 AM

I'm pretty much forced to play SR now. It's aggravating. I really loved the classic TT. :(