League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jayce really needa nerf? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2720974)

Vrael27 10-25-2012 06:10 AM

Jayce really needa nerf?

Jayce wasn't that op... he has good poke and utility, but not that high of health til late game, and not near as op as all the other top laners like wukong, jax, xin zhao, etc. why don't they get nerfs? wukong can just q in, then w away every time, then when he wants to kill you add his r into combo for free kill. And jayce is entirely countered by irelia. also garen is hard to lane against... he needs to be nerfed, he has been too strong since his buff. i understand the nerf on his hammer mode e, although, really necesary to take away all of his base dmg on his strongest hammer mode spell? but the worst part about this nerf is his acceleration gate.... the mana cost being increased to 50 from 30? that's a terrible idea, as he is jayce is insanely mana hungry, even with him getting mana back from basic attacks in hammer mode, most of the harass in top lane prevents him from just farming in hammer mode, that is why jayce is good, cause he can be range when needed, but if he always has to go to hammer mode in order to get his mana back then it just really makes him useless, already he must do this constantly, but making it worse? already for him to just use a small poke against his enemy he most use 2 spells just for some decent dmg. but they really need to increase the cost of that combo by 20? what are everyone else's opinions on this, i think the main problem with his nerf is the mana increase on acceleration gate.

Justin Nguyen 10-25-2012 06:31 AM

To tell you the truth I love jayce, but I still play riven. I got jayce a week or two before Pax and before he became famous. Then he did and now they're nerfing him. I look at this game and their champions like weapons in a FPS (first person shooter). Some guys you think they suck, but in reality you just have to have a certain mentality not a lot of people have on it. Jayce was at that case before Pax. He had no ult so it really turned people off from getting him. Though realizing he had great utility, poke, etc. He was in reality powerful with endless combos.

From PR 10-25-2012 06:34 AM

ahhh wall of text!! help!

Mogs01gt 10-25-2012 06:40 AM

The nerfs are too much for him. He was designed to dominate his lane and fall off during team fights. That is exactly how he works yet people cry and moan about lane dominance. Now Jayce will be even worse in team fights.

EffectFX 10-25-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogs01gt (Hozzászólás 30642669)
The nerfs are too much for him. He was designed to dominate his lane and fall off during team fights. That is exactly how he works yet people cry and moan about lane dominance. Now Jayce will be even worse in team fights.

Wait, wait wait!

Thundering Blow
No longer deals any flat base damage (still deals % Max Health damage and has a bonus Attack Damage ratio)
Fixed: Stun no longer sometimes lasts beyond the knockback duration
Acceleration Gate mana cost increased to 50 from 30

So, he no longer deals that 160-180 extra damage on level 5 E. And now the mana cost on acceleration gate is 50, meaning he can't spam his lane all day without some sort of mana regen.

LOL. Never mind that late game that mana cost doesn't mean anything, and 20% of max HP + 100% bonus AD is still pretty significant damage.

He's still going to be be strong

Vivi R66 10-25-2012 07:27 AM

the nerf wasnt that bad, so I dont see why not, he is still quite strong

GodLynn 10-25-2012 07:39 AM

the point is tho he didnt need the nerf he wasnt so bad then lol

GodLynn 10-25-2012 07:39 AM

can ppl nerf the ppl who need nerfing instead of losing a game and getting mad and say imma nerf him waaaa waaaaaaa let me read forums and come up with a way to nerf him

EffectFX 10-25-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodLynn (Hozzászólás 30646479)
the point is tho he didnt need the nerf he wasnt so bad then lol

The point is, he was very strong before, and he's still going to be strong now.

Nevermind that unless you had some sort of gap closer you were screwed as a melee top in terms of getting any CS. And even if you did have a gap closer, most of the time jayce would just knock you back anyways.

The changes might be enough to stop his early game from being so good. But he's still going to to be pretty popular I think.

Vivi R66 10-25-2012 07:49 AM

they are nerfing ALL %HP based skills that got overused because were too strong, Deathfire got a nerf, Eve ult got a nerf, Jayce knock back got a nerf

jayce could jump you and toss you away, done, harassed, safelly even
take some of that damage away is fair to me

also, he regenerates mana each smack he does with hammer, so the mana cost increase is more than fair, his mana sustain is still high