League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   looking at new items... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2720914)

summoner somenot 10-25-2012 05:45 AM

looking at new items...

i have yet to play SI, so any point of view is based off patch notes, nothing more.

Lord Van Damm's Pillager
Recipe: Heart of Gold + Brutalizer
Total gold cost: 2962 (combine cost: 800)
+40 Attack Damage
+350 Health
Unique Passive: 10% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Passive: 10% Spell Vamp

--makes sense....damage plus health = spellvamp LOL. not saying its a bad item, just kind of funny.

Wicked Hatchet

Recipe: Cloak of Agility + Long Sword
Total gold cost: 1955 (combine cost: 710)
+20 Attack Damage
+18% Critical Strike Chance
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks inflict Grievous Wounds on enemy champions, causing 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 1.5 seconds.

--so its now a passive? so basically buy and then forget about it, don't press the number then click enemy...hmm, i think that will probably get changed, that kills champs like mundo's ult hard.

Blade of the Ruined King

Recipe: Bilgewater Cutlass
Total gold cost: 2825 (upgrade cost: 1000)
+40 Attack Damage
+10% Life Steal
Unique Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions).
Unique Active: Drains target champion, dealing 150% physical damage plus 50% of your attack damage and healing you by the same amount. Additionally, you steal 30% of their movement speed for 2 seconds (1 minute cooldown).

-- yucky. although, i don't entirely understand the active...it just seems, awkward... this seems like how rengars q is phrased...

not saying any of these items are bad, just different, and i have not played SI.

looks interesting enough.

but does anyone understand this......

Unique Active: Drains target champion, dealing 150% physical damage plus 50% of your attack damage and healing you by the same amount. Additionally, you steal 30% of their movement speed for 2 seconds (1 minute cooldown).

deals 150% physical dmg (from what) plus 50% of your AD...

i guess im alot less knowledgeable on items than i thought.

but isn't physical dmg, AD? im so confused...if they are both ad, why not give a flat percent?

i know i sound like a complete noob, but can someone explain that to me, thanks.

Ragnarokio 10-25-2012 05:47 AM

I think the % is a typo, and it does 150 damage plus 50% of your attack damage.

Vanderwoud 10-25-2012 07:34 AM

That's what the item that kills mundos ult hard is supposed to do

mundos ult is scaled with the idea that 5 heroes can potentially be whacking on him, not 3. Tanky bruisers reign supreme in TT and some of these items are built to combat that. What can an AP do against a team that has a singed/mundo/volibear etc? Especially now with the deathfire nerf. Items are introduced to level the playing field and give players options beyond just losing at hero picks 100% of the time someone goes Jax/Rengar/Trynd etc

Priidul 10-25-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summoner somenot (Hozzászólás 30640021)
deals 150% physical dmg (from what) plus 50% of your AD...

Autoattack +150%+50% more from your AD

Just an example: You have 100ad

You deal 100 dmg with an autoattack+150(%)dmg based on your autoattack dmg+50 physical dmg from your ad (100/2)=300 physical dmg

That's what i would say