League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is Riot bring the Lore back? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2720896)

NoblePride 10-25-2012 05:39 AM

Is Riot bring the Lore back?
 
Title says it all. I do not want to lose hope, but I'm starting to feel the creative storyline that supported the backbone of League of Legends fade away, if not already gone.

kash4null 10-25-2012 12:34 PM

Also there hasn't been a journal post in a while

Arcane Azmadi 10-25-2012 12:46 PM

If they haven't rolled out something big by the start of Season 3, then I'd say all signs point to "no".

Sylph 10-25-2012 01:33 PM

Wouldn't you argue that part of the new Lore delivery could be tied to the new Twisted Treeline remake to the Shadow Isles? The map delivers in game lore content, with the 2 altars presenting with different quotes, driven by in game champions. One can speculate that future battlefields, will possibly feature Lore based content - perhaps a battlefield located in the heart of Noxus, or Demacia, the mind has no limits...

I think that the best is yet to come. Please continue to be patient, I know that it's been a rough journey, but I know that Riot will not let us down.

-Sylph
Runeterra Chronicler

CARDBOARDWARRIOR 10-25-2012 06:03 PM

Riot designers seem very opposed to introducing new maps because they believe it'll splinter the playerbase.

Sylph 10-26-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDBOARDWARRIOR (Hozzászólás 30682038)
Riot designers seem very opposed to introducing new maps because they believe it'll splinter the playerbase.

New maps don't have to splinter anything. Especially new game modes.

Believe it or not, Riot can make a pretty fun game. I have been believing since 2009, and they haven't let me down yet.

Seth Lightheart 10-26-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylph (Hozzászólás 30667584)
Wouldn't you argue that part of the new Lore delivery could be tied to the new Twisted Treeline remake to the Shadow Isles? The map delivers in game lore content, with the 2 altars presenting with different quotes, driven by in game champions. One can speculate that future battlefields, will possibly feature Lore based content - perhaps a battlefield located in the heart of Noxus, or Demacia, the mind has no limits...

I think that the best is yet to come. Please continue to be patient, I know that it's been a rough journey, but I know that Riot will not let us down.

-Sylph
Runeterra Chronicler


And I would counter with Riot closing the only red related lore forum post and having no lore department anymore.

Sylph 10-26-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Lightheart (Hozzászólás 30723496)
And I would counter with Riot closing the only red related lore forum post and having no lore department anymore.

I cannot speak for that, I wonder as well.

ThorRush 10-26-2012 06:07 PM

I mean, I can speak for that. The post in January was hardly "the only red related lore forum post."

Champion Bio Updates : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=27663027
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitae (Hozzászólás 27663027)
We know you want to see new types of storytelling beyond just bios...so do we! Before we can do new stuff to the level we’re shooting for, we first need to build a strong foundation for storytelling. That’s what we’re doing right now.

Riot's approach to Canon : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...77134#29877134
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitae (Hozzászólás 29877134)
When someone asks "is it canon that Katarina retrieved Sion's remains" you can say yes, because all the information you need to make that statement is publicly available.

Does the Shadow Isles not count as "something big by the start of Season 3?" Sure, it's not JoJ scale, but it's not like it happened overnight.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:57 AM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc