League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Please dealy new TT map. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2720087)

Drevsh 10-24-2012 09:41 PM

Please dealy new TT map.

There are still way to many problems with it and you didn't fix any problems, you rather created them.

Your targets where:

* More Viable Team Comps
* An Improved Jungle
* Shorter Game Length
* New Neutral Objectives

Well you just screwed two points which could be reworked in the old TT.

1. More Viable Team Comps :
The new jungle provides to much farm,http://imgur.com/a/7EnuC (I know this is free farm, but it gives you an idea on how much gold there is in the new jungle) you literally have to have a jungler. Well Did you now what happens when you have two solo lanes? Yep, that's right no tanky supports or AD carrys in the game anymore all day long bruisers with one AP carry. Also the reasoning to nerf champions with blink is rather weak. Those walls where perfect for champions who aren't tanky and therefor need those walls to escape/kite and again this wasn't problem in ranked 3v3 so why change it?

2. An Improved Jungle: Yes you improved the jungle by such a margin, that you are able to get 27% more gold then the perfect lane cs score on SR. Congratulation. Do you know how this will affect team compositions? The camps are so weak it's not even funny. You just look at them and they are dead. Why not just give free gold?

3. Shorter Game Length: This one is ****ed up too, you wanted to have shorter game time, but reduced the ****ing death timer to 1/2? Seriously? You aren't even able to push a tower when you killed someone in the first 20 min. Every game now lasts at least 30min. What is this ****. At least in the old TT you could win a game at the 15min mark if you had the right composition.

4. New Neutral Objectives: While new game objectives are nice, I really think adding points you need to capture is the wrong idea. Especially adding a 90 second lock on it. You know what happens if you invade at level 1 and get their point? about a 1k lead in gold and a 10% AD/AP buff, hey that surely won't snowball. And the new spider boss is again quite underwhelming you can't even set up a good trap for it because it is so open. Think about baron being visible to whole time and you never are able to bait the team and catch them on the way to check it, that is stupid.

And I also pretty much like how you mentioned Shaco in there blink section who will be quite useless in the new 3v3 map. Well you wanted to start ganking after jungle clear, to bad you are still level 2, chose between Deceive and now Shiv or Shiv and no Deceive. In other words you.are.****ed. Jungler who can gank at level 2 are currently the way to go because of the lane setup you can pretty much just run up to them and kill them with exhaust. This also limits the jungler choice. Currently the best jungler are Xin (no AoE tho)/Riven/Kha Zix/Rengar. You are dead if you don't stay waaay back at the tower, which I think is stupid. You don't have a counter play against this, you need to play passive which well often doesn't happen(yet) but will happen in ranked 3v3.

fiddlesticksssss 10-24-2012 09:46 PM

i am surprised riot asked for feedback and really did nothing with it.

Keegstar 10-24-2012 09:55 PM

riot doesn't care about tt.

Takhuan 10-24-2012 09:59 PM

I played the beta, didn't like it. Am seriously not understanding why this is happening.

All the champions that could abuse pillager ruined my day on that map.

My first game on that map was against an ezreal that went 35/10/6 (with a pillager) and lasted 32 minutes... All the games I played were more than 30 minutes everyone just keeps re-spawning to continue to deny the progress of the game outside of assassination fest.

You can't buy wards. They just gank you in lane from spider, there is nothing you can do to secure spider...

It had it's fun moments but it wasn't twisted treeline. THATS THE PROBLEM. Not even 2 weeks.

KabalWins 10-25-2012 09:31 AM

Forget this bullsh*t give us Twisted Treeline back in addition to the new one then maybe we can enjoy the new map without being spat on by Riot

Snoop Nome 10-25-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drevsh (Hozzászólás 30628642)
There are still way to many problems with it and you didn't fix any problems, you rather created them.

Your targets where:

* More Viable Team Comps
* An Improved Jungle
* Shorter Game Length
* New Neutral Objectives

Well you just screwed two points which could be reworked in the old TT.

1. More Viable Team Comps :
The new jungle provides to much farm,http://imgur.com/a/7EnuC (I know this is free farm, but it gives you an idea on how much gold there is in the new jungle) you literally have to have a jungler. Well Did you now what happens when you have two solo lanes? Yep, that's right no tanky supports or AD carrys in the game anymore all day long bruisers with one AP carry. Also the reasoning to nerf champions with blink is rather weak. Those walls where perfect for champions who aren't tanky and therefor need those walls to escape/kite and again this wasn't problem in ranked 3v3 so why change it?

2. An Improved Jungle: Yes you improved the jungle by such a margin, that you are able to get 27% more gold then the perfect lane cs score on SR. Congratulation. Do you know how this will affect team compositions? The camps are so weak it's not even funny. You just look at them and they are dead. Why not just give free gold?

3. Shorter Game Length: This one is ****ed up too, you wanted to have shorter game time, but reduced the ****ing death timer to 1/2? Seriously? You aren't even able to push a tower when you killed someone in the first 20 min. Every game now lasts at least 30min. What is this ****. At least in the old TT you could win a game at the 15min mark if you had the right composition.

4. New Neutral Objectives: While new game objectives are nice, I really think adding points you need to capture is the wrong idea. Especially adding a 90 second lock on it. You know what happens if you invade at level 1 and get their point? about a 1k lead in gold and a 10% AD/AP buff, hey that surely won't snowball. And the new spider boss is again quite underwhelming you can't even set up a good trap for it because it is so open. Think about baron being visible to whole time and you never are able to bait the team and catch them on the way to check it, that is stupid.

And I also pretty much like how you mentioned Shaco in there blink section who will be quite useless in the new 3v3 map. Well you wanted to start ganking after jungle clear, to bad you are still level 2, chose between Deceive and now Shiv or Shiv and no Deceive. In other words you.are.****ed. Jungler who can gank at level 2 are currently the way to go because of the lane setup you can pretty much just run up to them and kill them with exhaust. This also limits the jungler choice. Currently the best jungler are Xin (no AoE tho)/Riven/Kha Zix/Rengar. You are dead if you don't stay waaay back at the tower, which I think is stupid. You don't have a counter play against this, you need to play passive which well often doesn't happen(yet) but will happen in ranked 3v3.

1. Give it some time and wait for some experimentation. I've heard wildly varying reports about champion viability, but my own experience through testing has been that you can use a much larger variety of champions now. Try Caitlyn, AP Janna, or Xerath, for example. All three would have performed poorly in the old TT, but due to various changes, are now quite viable.

2. The idea behind an easier jungle was that it shouldn't be a full-time job. If you go into the new jungle with the mentality that you'll need to bring Smite and a full complement of jungle-specific rune and masteries, you'd come overprepared. But that's the point! When you only have three players on a team, you want to reduce limitations as best as possible; the best way to do this is to reduce the barrier of entry on the most restrictive role. That's not to say Smite is useless. While you can certainly jungle without Smite, Smite does increase your jungling speed by a good bit and help you with invading. As far as neutral strength goes, we're still tuning that.

3. The death timer is only reduced down in the early levels (i.e., from the old 20 seconds at level 1 to 13 seconds). This is another point that's received a huge variation in feedback, so we're monitoring it closely. It will need tuning.

4. I actually agree with the snowball factor here. We're looking into ways to alleviate this.

Also, I don't know what you mean by Shaco being useless. He's one of the few champions that can jump over the Speed Shrine and Vilemaw walls.

Zerglinator 10-25-2012 10:22 AM

Wait, how is Shaco useless on new TT? He has access to one of the most scarce and valuable commodities on new TT: Wards.

Evelynn Bot 10-25-2012 10:26 AM

While you're here Nome, could you let us know what's happening with ranked 3s from now till the 6th when the season ends?

Snoop Nome 10-25-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKFlipFlop (Hozzászólás 30657756)
While you're here Nome, could you let us know what's happening with ranked 3s from now till the 6th when the season ends?

As far as I know, there won't be any changes to how it's currently functioning.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 10-25-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

2. The idea behind an easier jungle was that it shouldn't be a full-time job. If you go into the new jungle with the mentality that you'll need to bring Smite and a full complement of jungle-specific rune and masteries, you'd come overprepared. But that's the point! When you only have three players on a team, you want to reduce limitations as best as possible; the best way to do this is to reduce the barrier of entry on the most restrictive role. That's not to say Smite is useless. While you can certainly jungle without Smite, Smite does increase your jungling speed by a good bit and help you with invading. As far as neutral strength goes, we're still tuning that.

I really can't believe one of your goals was to remove a full time, dedicated jungler...

/mind boggled

Why on earth would you further reduce the variety of roles that can be played?

EDIT:
Hey, how about an answer instead of downvotes? They flat out said they don't want peopel to bring Smite and jungle runes to the game and reduced the size of the jungle making it very limited and easy to clear.