League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Riot should have a "Create a Champion Contest" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2717974)

TheHat27 10-24-2012 02:29 PM

Riot should have a "Create a Champion Contest"

Just once after the end of each season, there should be a single create a champ contest.

Rules:

1. Riot starts by putting out a blank form for everything that you will need. This can be accessed by the main page, and is only the skeleton for how your entree should look.
2. Only players that are level 30 are eligible for entry. There would be a button on the games front page during the week of entry, that would validate your level, and then send you to a secure page for entree.
3. Riot will chose their top 3 entrees. After the top three entrees are in, Riot has a secure page that allows the community to pick one of the three.
4. If Riot feels that there are not enough entrees that belong in League of Legends, they will fill any open entrees themselves.
5. Once a winner is picked, Riot will begin work on the champion. They have the rights to alter abilities so that they are not to OP, or scale them up so the are not under powered.
6. The next season, when the champion releases the contestant will receive the champion for free, with the starter skins, and on the champions bios page the contestant will be recognized.

Explanation for rule 2: I believe that if you are level 30 you have a grasp on how the champions have been played, and if nothing else shown dedication enough to Riot.

All contestants give up rights to their entree once submitted. This will be part of the agreement that every contestant much accept before posting an entree.

This way we have something to look forward to during the beginning of each new season when the seasons are slow as everyone is just trying to gain elo back, Riot gets champion ideas, we get to be all happy they listened to us, and everyone is even more aware of how awesome Riot is.

Feel free to suggest more rules to be added in as those are just the basics.
What do you all think?

Edited to add in SaintPinHead's ideas!

Skyhawke 10-24-2012 02:40 PM

While I agree that it would be really fun to have such a contest, there are a ton of problems with it. What if there aren't three champions worthy of being published? What if those champions don't fit in with Riot Design's current pipeline of champions? Do you realize how many champion concepts would have to be considered? We're talking like thousands if not hundreds of thousands of concepts that would be entered.

Also, if someone did get their complete champ concept included in the game I'm 99.99999% sure that they would get that champ for free.

TheHat27 10-24-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 (Hozzászólás 30608110)
While I agree that it would be really fun to have such a contest, there are a ton of problems with it. What if there aren't three champions worthy of being published? What if those champions don't fit in with Riot Design's current pipeline of champions? Do you realize how many champion concepts would have to be considered? We're talking like thousands if not hundreds of thousands of concepts that would be entered.

Also, if someone did get their complete champ concept included in the game I'm 99.99999% sure that they would get that champ for free.

Well, as there are currently 501 pages in on this forum about champion creations, I can imagine over the coarse of several weeks there would be at least 3 worthy champs. In order to increase their chances of being picked, people could offer several options for the kit. So two or three different slightly different Q, E, W, and R's. And the base stats could all be decided by Riot.

And, as we have both said there would be tons of concepts sent in, it could be for perhaps only a week.

TheHat27 10-26-2012 07:51 AM

Bump?

Tolemak1985 10-26-2012 08:02 AM

I am sorry TheHat27, I have to agree with Skyhawk47, Though your idea seems fun and would be entertaining. There are just to many holes in the Idea. It is to easy to make multiple Forum ID's and fluff a links numbers or to trash someones idea just to make sure yours get ahead. Plus, the reason why the Concept Forum is so successful, there is not contest to see who's is better. People post their ideas just in hopes to see it make it to the fields. For most, this is more than enough. If you make it a contest, then people will get ugly about it, and the Concept forums would die because everyone is focused on the contest.

If people were all fair and without ego, this idea would work. But sadly, this is not the case.

DragonKaosu 10-26-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tolemak1985 (Hozzászólás 30705528)
I am sorry TheHat27, I have to agree with Skyhawk47, Though your idea seems fun and would be entertaining. There are just to many holes in the Idea. It is to easy to make multiple Forum ID's and fluff a links numbers or to trash someones idea just to make sure yours get ahead. Plus, the reason why the Concept Forum is so successful, there is not contest to see who's is better. People post their ideas just in hopes to see it make it to the fields. For most, this is more than enough. If you make it a contest, then people will get ugly about it, and the Concept forums would die because everyone is focused on the contest.

If people were all fair and without ego, this idea would work. But sadly, this is not the case.

I agree with you there, people with major egos could ruin such a awesome contest idea, as much as it'd be amazing to see anyone's champion concept go through. There are just hundreds of champion contests i've seen so far and i'm sure there are at least three that could make it, but like you said people aren't fair and would do anything to make their champions the better choices.

TheHat27 10-27-2012 05:02 AM

Well, while I agree it could be ruined very easily, it sounds like you all would like it if it where possible, so I would like to offer my retort (this is just for fun, by the way)

What I think would be needed would be a VERY strict set of rules. (gonna add these to my first post)

One idea per IP address. This would suck for people with multiple players under one roof, but it would be somewhat rare, and if you really wanted your idea I'm sure you could send in a ticket and you could easily prove you are a second person.

The contest thread would ONLY allow for; red comments, champion idea comments, or links to your (locked thread) concept. Any found flaming or commenting would drop you from the contest.

Riot would be the soul voters as well, and the contest could be only a week long and we wouldn't know the answer until the three champions are released, in the order described above.

SaintPinHead 10-27-2012 07:45 AM

Ok I'll throw in my opinion now. I think this is a good idea, but let's alter things.

1. Riot starts by putting out a blank form for everything that you will need. This can be accessed by the main page, and is only the skeleton for how your entree should look.
2. Only players that are level 30 are eligible for entry. There would be a button on the games front page during the week of entry, that would validate your level, and then send you to a secure page for entree.
(2. I believe that if you are level 30 you have a grasp on how the champions have been played, and if nothing else shown dedication enough to Riot.)
3. Riot will chose their top 3 entrees. After the top three entrees are in, Riot has a secure page that allows the community to pick one of the three.
4. If Riot feels that there are not enough entrees that belong in League of Legends, they will fill any open entrees themselves.
(I agree that with the amount of entrees, there should be three worthy of use.)
5. Once a winner is picked, Riot will begin work on the champion. They have the rights to alter abilities so that they are not to OP, or scale them up so the are not under powered.
(all contestants give up rights to their entree once submitted. This will be part of the agreement that every contestant much accept before posting an entree.)
6. The next season, when the champion releases the contestant will receive the champion for free, with the starter skins, and on the champions bios page the contestant will be recognized.

lDieTrying 10-27-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintPinHead (Hozzászólás 30746574)
Ok I'll throw in my opinion now. I think this is a good idea, but let's alter things.

(2. I believe that if you are level 30 you have a grasp on how the champions have been played, and if nothing else shown dedication enough to Riot.)
(I agree that with the amount of entrees, there should be three worthy of use.)
(all contestants give up rights to their entree once submitted. This will be part of the agreement that every contestant much accept before posting an entree.)

BUMP this is how they should do it if they ever do...

TheHat27 10-27-2012 09:52 AM

Damn right it is! I really love your ideas Saint, mind if I add them to my opening post? (with credit, of course)