League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Ask Ziggs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2716896)

Katasumai 10-24-2012 07:52 AM

Ask Ziggs

So I kind of noticed a ton of Ask Posts on here but I do want to share that I have a blog on Tumblr dedicated to Ziggs because I love him oh so much! Eeeee he's awesome!

So if you like, heres the link to the blog

http://ask-ziggs-hexplosives-expert.tumblr.com/

No this is not a LoL employee blog, I just do this for fun!
There is randomness posted on there but I do do RP's, ask questions, mun x muse, a lot of stuff!!!

Iron Ambássador 10-24-2012 07:55 AM

Ugh, your thread name was a bit of a bad choice. It is easily thought on first glance that you are trying to take over the role of Ziggs on this forum, even though we currently have an active one. :P

Katasumai 10-24-2012 08:01 AM

No I wasn't wanting to take it over at all I just wanted to share my blog that I post with and remember, isnt' there a possibility that other "teams" have a ziggs? eh? eh? no i'm not canadian heh but seriously I just thought here we could share our RP blogs or such? If not then I guess this can just be deleted...

Iron Ambássador 10-24-2012 08:04 AM

Eh... we don't have blogs. We do all the roleplaying in forum threads here. We have 1 of each champion active to avoid confusion as well. Your thread just on first glance from the name seems like an attempt to take over our current Ziggs. We don't really use Tumblr for this stuff, it's 100% forum based.

TwoWeirdYordles 10-24-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador (Hozzászólás 30594106)
Eh... we don't have blogs. We do all the roleplaying in forum threads here. We have 1 of each champion active to avoid confusion as well. Your thread just on first glance from the name seems like an attempt to take over our current Ziggs. We don't really use Tumblr for this stuff, it's 100% forum based.

80% forum based, 10% in game client, and 10% Shurelia profiles :D

Iron Ambássador 10-24-2012 08:10 AM

I don't count the game client because..... Sanctuary is just plain creepy. And yes, Shurelia profiles play a noticeable part.

Katasumai 10-24-2012 08:32 AM

Ok, maybe I should of just titled it differently on here but meh, I didn't see any rule about what could be posted here on the main thread...but meh...

Ask the Shadow 10-24-2012 09:08 AM

So because somebody called you out for pretty much advertising your blog on this forum, you decide to use said blog to decry our community. The blog that you linked in your opening post. Hmm.

Truth be told, we're not exactly a community that happily takes on every single '-tag-along-kid' with a cheery pat on the head and a plate of cookies. No, not in the slightest. We're kind of like the classic old-country town, far away from most main roads, without a train station, and rather isolated. It's the one where it would seem like everyone knows everyone, and people get along decently, for the most part. It's a peaceful community (generally), held together by a number of unspoken rules. While some may be a bit sketchy at times, the town is still a nice town in its own right.

When a stranger comes riding into town with his big horse-drawn stagecoach, trumpeting his wares and walking into our minefield of unspoken rules, it's obvious that some eyebrows will be raised. When an 'outsider' has the audacity to simply march in and set up shop, suddenly the order of our little town is thrown a bit hay-wire. How do we know we're not dealing with a snake-oil salesman? Perhaps this new fellow is an actual honest person looking to join in our humble community?

While there's no harm in looking to connect with other RP communities, to share in the pass-time that we all enjoy, there are definitely more subtle and less provocative ways to do so.

Iron Ambássador 10-24-2012 09:13 AM

About that first post on your tumblr sir, this stands out to me.

"I’m sure there’s TONS of multiple Ask RP/Forum set ups on there of the champ"

On our forum, there are no other setups of the champion. Every champion has ONE person doing their role on the whole forum, since having multiple people with the same champion role would cause confusion and different views that would end up confusing most folks here. Also, I should have been more careful about my first post, the wording was bad. I do that a lot, and I'm sorry if it sounded rude. I was just pointing out how your thread name sounds to most of us in here.

SandscourgeSkarn 10-24-2012 10:37 AM

Ahem...

Guys. GUYS. NO REALLY GUISE.

You know the rules. Downvote, walk away. If Hecarim's glorious description wasn't enough to get people moving and let this guy know how things actually work, well, he's not going to learn because he doesn't want to.

We know the rules with trolls. Downvote wordlessly and walk away. I suspect I won't see a post after this one.

EDIT: PS we're not a soapbox, nor an advertising agency