League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   My opinion on disabling items in certain maps (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2715958)

Strider1048 10-23-2012 09:32 PM

My opinion on disabling items in certain maps

Here's my 2c... (this is mostly in response to the new TT revamp)

I don't like the idea of different maps disabling certain items. (I've notice tank players are most affected by this)

I think it's wrong to disable certain gear on maps as some players might base their character on specific items. A map should be based on the mechanics of its terrain, not based on allowing certain items to be played. Disabling items can really destroy how a player uses his/her character, micros, ect-

Rather than take away items from certain maps, I think its better to find the champs who are overpowered (like Jax was) or items which are overpowered (like ninja tabi was) and change their mechanics to make them more fair.

For example...

Taking away gear from tanks is simply saying to casters/adc's 'Hey you're having a hard time on this map with certain tanks so we'll nerf EVERY one of them by taking away their core items like Warmogs). What's next, disabling certain runepages because its combination of runes makes a champion OP on a map?

Not every tank is Mundo, so taking away Warmogs because he's OP with it equipped isn't fair to other tank players who don't have the same mechanic (massive regen survivability) as he does.

I mean, I've seen Mundo players using full regen runes + Warmogs, FoN, Spirit Visage ect- to become a highly resilient Tank champion... and it was a harsh team to fight, however, we found that we could ignore him most of the time and either take his friends out first, or just BD his base faster than he could tank our towers down...

Ending example.

Honestly guys, it's one of the most annoying things to have to adjust my item build from 5's/3's to Dominion. Now you're saying I'll have to create 3 different builds to compete on each map? Seriously, just redesign certain items if they're that much of a problem.

(Now I'm just being facetious) If items truely have to be disabled in smaller maps because some items are ONLY meant for 5v5 battles, I do suggest taking away some big name items from every class - it's only fair. Taking out Warmogs? Sorry ADCs, no more Infinity Edge. Casters, say bye bye to that nifty little hat of yours too. Wards killin' you too hard Rengar? Well, sorry man, we're cutting off your legs, you'll have to hunt crawling.
-Strider1048

Henry Plainview 10-23-2012 09:58 PM

Warmogs is gone because you stack it with minion kills and Riot wants the game to move fast. That's why Bloodthirster is also disabled, even though it benefits carries.

You actually cannot buy deathcap on TT.

Strider1048 10-23-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Plainview (Hozzászólás 30584442)
Warmogs is gone because you stack it with minion kills and Riot wants the game to move fast. That's why Bloodthirster is also disabled, even though it benefits carries.

You actually cannot buy deathcap on TT.

I personally felt that 3's was fine with game time. I didn't play 3's because it was shorter to play than 5's. I played 3's because it was less players to have to create a synergy with. I enjoyed the complexity of the smaller map size and team count, while keeping the ability to build the same hero I could build in 5's.

If I wanted a faster game, I would play dominion.

Overall though, I don't think faster gameplay should be based on removing or altering items. It should be in the design of the maps terrain/objectives - or possibly adding ADDITIONAL items ontop of a standardized set to accomplish game time goals.

Of course, these are my opinions.

DoRkZiLLaa 10-24-2012 09:36 AM

TBH, I haven't seen warmogs on any hero but mundo in the past couple months, except for one shen player. I really don't see what the problem is, straight health means **** all in this game regardless, with how high rightclick heroes can scale.

Ragnarokio 10-24-2012 09:52 AM

i miss snowball items ;-;