League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Singe (Tank) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2714)

Almitt 07-31-2009 07:56 AM

Singe (Tank) UPDATED

this is not my guide. credits to MrFroho

Singe the Epic Tank

Masteries:
---------------------------------
For maximum performance spec heavily in defense tree and max out Perseverance in the utility tree.

Summoner Spells:
Ghost
Rally

Item Build:
Regrowth Pendant
Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages
Force of Nature Or Wardens Mail (depending on who your enemies are, maybe even get both)

Always buy the Regrowth Pendant as your first item, then go straight for BoS. Some people disagree with getting Rod of Ages (and you must get it early otherwise they would be right), but I think its really good for several reasons; Health is a given, I often run out of mana on him so this helps a lot and also this works well with you passive giving you even more health, AP scales 1:1 with Toss which will be your main source of damage.

Skill Build:
Toss
Poison Trail
Toss
Poison Trail
Toss
Insanity Potion
Toss
Poison Trail
Toss
Poison Trail
Insanity Potion
Poison Trail
Goo
Goo
Goo
Insanity Potion
Goo
Goo

Early game:
You should have Regrowth Pendant as your first item which will give you easy lane survivability. Now when choosing a lane you want to go with someone who can keep a person in place via something like Sions stun or Ryzes Prison. That way you have an amazing combo of stun/toss/poison trail, its very deadly early on. You might have to use your ghost to run through creeps to get to the stunned champion, don't be afraid to use it often. Try to let them push a little so you can throw enemy's into range of the turrets, for an easy rune prison kill with ryze.

As soon as you hit lvl 6 and get Insanity potion and also have enough for BoS, you should find an excuse to go back to base and pick em up. Now you have the fastest boots, your ult which increases your movement speed and ghost, chances are your the fastest person in the game, unless the enemy has a Warwick. Use this early advantage in high movement speed to pull off some good ganks, try to go for champions who don't have stuns, even if they do though, you should be able to get them. Push lanes and get towers, save money for Rod of Ages. Make sure you run ahead of creep waves when its safe and use your poison to get easy money.

Mid-to-Late Game:
----------------------------------
By now you should have Regrowth Pendant, BoS, Rod of Ages, and plenty of gold to decide on your next item. Depending on your enemies champions whether they be dominantly Casters or DPS, you need to decide whether you should get Force of Nature or Wardens Mail (there are other armor/MR substitutes, but these are my favourite). If the game goes on for long you should pick up Aegis, unless someone on your teams already building it then you can forgo those and go strait for either more health (Warmogs), Armor (Frozen Heart), or Magic Resistance (Banshee's Veil).

Authors Note: Just from experience, even if the enemies team has a lot of DPS and not much magic, I would buy that 700 gold armor piece that gives 50 Armor and then go ahead and finish Force of Nature. Since you already have a regrowth pendant, its easier to make, and the health regen and movement speed bonuses are too good to ignore. Also, not always but depending on the situation, if things are looking bad its sometimes best to go Warmogs early, this usually happens when your team doesn't have a good way of initiating and they need you to tank for them prematurely.

MrFroho 07-31-2009 02:11 PM

(update this Almitt :))

Singe the Epic Tank

Masteries:
For maximum performance spec heavily in defense tree and max out Perseverance in the utility tree.

Summoner Spells:
Ghost
Rally

Item Build:
Regrowth Pendant
Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages
Force of Nature Or Wardens Mail (depending on who your enemies are, maybe even get both)

Always buy the Regrowth Pendant as your first item, then go straight for BoS. Some people disagree with getting Rod of Ages (and you must get it early otherwise they would be right), but I think its really good for several reasons; Health is a given, I often run out of mana on him so this helps a lot and also this works well with you passive giving you even more health, AP scales 1:1 with Toss which will be your main source of damage.

Skill Build:
Toss
Poison Trail
Toss
Poison Trail
Toss
Insanity Potion
Toss
Poison Trail
Toss
Poison Trail
Insanity Potion
Poison Trail
Goo
Goo
Goo
Insanity Potion
Goo
Goo

Early game:
You should have Regrowth Pendant as your first item which will give you easy lane survivability. Now when choosing a lane you want to go with someone who can keep a person in place via something like Sions stun or Ryzes Prison. That way you have an amazing combo of stun/toss/poison trail, its very deadly early on. You might have to use your ghost to run through creeps to get to the stunned champion, don't be afraid to use it often.

As soon as you hit lvl 6 and get Insanity potion and also have enough for BoS, you should find an excuse to go back to base and pick em up. Now you have the fastest boots, your ult which increases your movement speed and ghost, chances are your the fastest person in the game, unless the enemy has a Warwick. Use this early advantage in high movement speed to pull off some good ganks, try to go for champions who don't have stuns, even if they do though, you should be able to get them. Push lanes and get towers, save money for Rod of Ages. Make sure you run ahead of creep waves when its safe and use your poison to get easy money.

Mid-to-Late Game:

----------------------------------
By now you should have Regrowth Pendant, BoS, Rod of Ages, and plenty of gold to decide on your next item. Depending on your enemies champions whether they be dominantly Casters or DPS, you need to decide whether you should get Force of Nature or Wardens Mail (there are other armor/MR substitutes, but these are my favourite). If the game goes on for long you should pick up Aegis, unless someone on your teams already building it then you can forgo those and go strait for either more health (Warmogs), Armor (Frozen Heart), or Magic Resistance (Banshee's Veil).

Authors Note: Just from experience, even if the enemies team has a lot of DPS and not much magic, I would buy that 700 gold armor piece that gives 50 Armor and then go ahead and finish Force of Nature. Since you already have a regrowth pendant, its easier to make, and the health regen and movement speed bonuses are too good to ignore. Also, not always but depending on the situation, if things are looking bad its sometimes best to go Warmogs early, this usually happens when your team doesn't have a good way of initiating and they need you to tank for them prematurely.

AtlasNR 08-02-2009 01:57 PM

I only see one flaw in the guide and it's getting goo late. Now I know you don't need a high level of goo because of Singe's speed, so only a point until late game is what I find necessary. Usually i build him starting like so:

Fling
Goo
Poison Trail
Poison Trail
Insanity Potion
Fling
Poison Trail
etc.

The 30% slow of Level1 Goo really helps with chases especially when your ghost is on cooldown. The increased damage of fling immediately is of no concern since your poison and melee attacks can dish out plenty of damage early game.

NeoIllusions 08-02-2009 02:09 PM

Been playing a lot of Singed this weekend and went both Zileas and Froho's builds. While goo is nice since Singed is ungodly slow until you get BoS, your main goal early and mid game is to farm like a beast. In team situations, you'll have Fling. Why goo if you can have an ally's stun?

Goo at level 1 simply doesn't last all that long. It's better off that you have better creep control with Poison.

redit 08-02-2009 02:30 PM

I've been playing Singed quite a bit for a while so I feel like giving my input:
1) I get Catalyst the Protector first - my first item is always Ruby Crystal (+225 hp). From here I get either Locket (mix), Banshee's Veil (magic) or Aegis (physical) next depending on opponents.
2) After getting Banshee's Veil, I get Aegis. I then often proceed with boots.
3) I get Goo at level 5 for the slow. Even if it is kinda silly, I like having utility for my champion and Goo is godlike in a teamfight.

IS1b2fae32403405 08-02-2009 03:00 PM

Hmm. I've been trying this guy out and i usually go for a philosopher first and spam fling/goo. I never really found good use of his poison, maybe i need to try it one game.

NeoIllusions 08-02-2009 04:00 PM

Regrowth Pendant, Boots, Giant Belt, BoS Upgrade, Sunfire Cape Upgrade, Aegis, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel.

I might try out a Philosopher Stone since I'm rather partial to +gold/time items. But keeping the Pendant as is does make Warmog's available a bit faster.

Poison helps farming a ton. Poison + Sunfire + Teleport, you clear creeps stacks within seconds just by running around.

Almitt 08-03-2009 05:20 AM

i usually get force of nature before rod of ages.. cant stand being to slow too throw ppl.

you really dont need sunfire for creepfarming with singed, poison is enough

Floatzel 08-05-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoIllusions (Hozzászólás 30040)
Been playing a lot of Singed this weekend and went both Zileas and Froho's builds. While goo is nice since Singed is ungodly slow until you get BoS, your main goal early and mid game is to farm like a beast. In team situations, you'll have Fling. Why goo if you can have an ally's stun?

Goo at level 1 simply doesn't last all that long. It's better off that you have better creep control with Poison.

where can I find zileas build?

Necodamus 08-18-2009 04:16 PM

I've been going Philosophers, Sprint Boots, RoD, then Rylai's.... The AP from those last two makes your poison do 160ish dmg per tick, which is just nasty. And since you get the health and the mana health from both, you end up with a whole lot of health.