League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Decline of League of Legends (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2707343)

Tragalo 10-21-2012 03:57 PM

The Decline of League of Legends

Over the past 4 months or so, league has faced alot of issues. In June prior to the 10 day down time, league had tallied over 60 million active users, beating second place world of warcraft by 5 times. However, not all is good now days.

I've seen dozens of threads about it only to be closed quickly by reds to cover it up. I have an interview with Yahoo news to publically discuss the issues Riot Games Inc is having. Many many people are aware of it. League of Legends has lost 28 million active players in 2 months and is continuing to decline at an alarming rate.

4 Months ago in June, Riot Games Inc encountered a rather minor flaw in their infrastructure of their main data server(s). They in turn took the servers down for what was supposed to be 2 hours(it ended up being 10 weeks of down time), and created a larger issue. Upon opening up the security on the data base to fix a simple coding calculation error, a glitch in the system caused by a simple virus got into the main frame.

This viruses only purpose is to edit the coding on the data server and it has been a nightmare for Riot to try and fix. Thus far they've had over 140 days of live mait, and 3+ weeks of total downtime trying to figure out what to do. They unfortunately do not have mirrored servers to go off of to create a new infrastructure/database, and they do NOT want to take league off line for a month or 2 and rebuild it.

What does this mean? Well 28 million players have left league of legends in 4 months. 5 major(1 million+ donated) sponsors have left the game as well. Riot is too egotistical to admit the issues and work to fix it. But at this rate, this game won't make it more than 2-3 months into 2013. It has gotten to the point where games are simply won by Luck and who's team benefits from bad coding.

Luckily major tournies/s2 championship was done on a mirrored mini server at a LAN based event where these issues are not effecting. But why hasn't riot done anything about it? Do they really think they can stay afloat without formally addressing and/or fixing the issue?

INB4 Riot closes yet ANOTHER post about it

domoKing 10-21-2012 03:59 PM

wat

Patchness 10-21-2012 04:00 PM

Citation needed.

TheFieldMarshal 10-21-2012 04:00 PM

Don't bother, every time I post about it Riot deleted the post entirely. +1 though!

fishnchipsmate 10-21-2012 04:00 PM

...what is this i dont even...

ChildrenofCorn 10-21-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchness (Hozzászólás 30494657)
Citation needed.

This

Lofter 10-21-2012 04:01 PM

The hell are you talking about?

The Stormchaser 10-21-2012 04:01 PM

Random forum goer is getting interviewed by yahoo...

sure

TheFieldMarshal 10-21-2012 04:02 PM

I love how people try to defend riot and act like they don't know what OP is talking about

Koronis 10-21-2012 04:02 PM

CSI: League of Legends