League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   what is the TT meta? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2706582)

cam pwnz99 10-21-2012 12:18 PM

what is the TT meta?

What is the current twisted treeline meta? What champions work very well on this map for each position, what champions don't work very well that work in SR and is there anything one should note about other strategies that are different than SR? (Dragon control, pushing, jungle etc. )

Thanks for the help!

Cannibal Skies 10-21-2012 12:24 PM

Bruiser top, AP bot, jungle.

Bruiser top, AP bot, AD carry bot.

Bruiser top, and any two others in bot. (Low elo.)

Dragon and red buff are really important. Gank often if you're jungling.

fiddlesticksssss 10-21-2012 01:56 PM

Tryndamere darius xerath, tryndamere darius ap teemo, tryndamere darius leblanc, tryndamere darius gragas. If you don't want to follow the op meta, you can play ezreal trundle kennen. However tryndamere and darius dominate early mid game, and darius falls off a bit, but tryndamere can still faceroll late game. Xerath is pretty good on this map depending how good you are with him.

On new TT Hecarim or shyvana jungle, singed top, and someone else bot can be pretty good. Hecarim and shyvana can move quick as hell, and clear jungle pretty quickly too. Singed right now because of blackfire torch is extremely broken however.

joe42 10-21-2012 01:57 PM

it is 3 jungle for control of nexusez gg temos

Infirc 10-21-2012 03:10 PM

Currently? Play Jax and win for free if you for some reason are losing and your Jax didnt do it properly then Turtle it out on your base Free farm your Jax kiting minions into the turret and when you feel you are enough free farmed flash into their base and Win for free, i wont state my opinion about the altars but i feel the New TT addresses the Play Jax and win for free problem properly, as i no longer have the need to play jax and win for free on the new tt.

Well asides the little Jax rant there the Meta currently is 1 Bruiser top, 1 Tanky Ap bot and Shyvanna or Lee sin jungling sometimes Mundo or as i already Stated Jax+anything preferably something that can peel for him+Jungler
@fidlesticks they are adressing the Blackfire torch problem it hink it will no longer work in Debuffs (dots).

the fosizlenator 10-21-2012 04:22 PM

The current Twisted Treeline Meta, that is being played by basically everybody (with a few exceptions) is bruiser top (for control over the buffs), typically an AP carry bottom, and a tanky/bruiser "support". There is a 3v3 champion tier list available to everybody, which was put together by some well known high ELO TTL players. But if you don't want to go and look for them, some really popular bans and picks are Teemo, Jax, Singed, pantheon, Lee sin, Rumble, Rengar, and Nidalee. Some BAD picks are Most supports, with the exception of Nunu, Leona, and Blitzcrank. Many people think that running an ADC is a need, it's not! The only ADC that are viable are Vayne and ezreal, kther then that i wouldn't even bother taking one. I hope this helped you, goodluck in season three!

The Codyman 10-21-2012 05:06 PM

Teemo top, Jayce and anyone else bottom.

Belterius 10-21-2012 05:23 PM

Hello from EUW.
Came to the NA forum to see if there was something up about the remake, found what I came for, the petition.
And then I came accross this post.

Just to figure out.
Are you guy trolling the OP ?
Or is it the real NA meta ?

Because in EU, as soon as the game reach a "high enougth" level (as soon as 15XX) almost all the team run ad carry/tank support (nunu especialy, leona/shen/taric are fine too) top, and ap carry (tank or with a lot of CC) or assassin ad bot lane.
The most common ban are jayce (play as assassin bot, build with BT trinity GA) cho gath, nunu, jax, rumble, malphite, rengar (assassin bot too) and marginaly lee sin-darius.

I didn't see ANY tryndamere since AGES.

EU played triple bruiser about 8 month ago, but the meta slowly evolved, and now it's really rare to find some bruiser team.

TLDR : are you trolling op or is it real NA meta ?

PS : If it is the real NA meta, can some of you provide me some replay of high elo games ?
As a diamond 3v3 player I'm really interrested by the fact a totaly "new" meta exist AND SHINE somewhere else.
Thanks.

cam pwnz99 10-21-2012 06:56 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Lisztomaniac 10-21-2012 06:57 PM

on new TT meta is, fight like a ****** for the altars or lose.