League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Good carries to learn with? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2698370)

Kazmahu 10-19-2012 04:58 AM

Good carries to learn with?

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the game, and while I can play suppots and tanks competently, I'm not so good with carries. Who's a good ADC/APC to learn the role with? Not necessarily the the most powerful or competitive in the current metagame, but one that really makes you think like a carry in order to do much of anything with them.

turrdfergason 10-19-2012 05:09 AM

good question, You definitely want a carry with a good escape and good movement speed when learning. Im almost at lvl 30 and the carry I have had the most success with was twitch. He is squishy but he has invis and a slow so it saved me quite a few times when I would have died with anyone else.

Generally it is better to start with a ranged carry because of the safety net it gives you. I find that while xin is a good carry, his melee makes it hard to farm bot against a ranged.

Thats all I can tell you, oh and just learn to play someone you like. In normals you can dominate with just about any champ in the game as long as you learn them in and out.

Fireside Poet 10-19-2012 07:07 AM

Thinking like an ADC really doesn't mean one champion over another. Poking and last hitting can be done with almost any "carry", so those are skills that are champion independent. If you are really struggling, I would suppose champs with the longest ranges would be best... Cait or Trist as ADC, TF (his Q reeeeeeaaches) or maybe karthus as AP.

I'm no expert, but I would suggest one of two routes:

1) If you are purely interested in viability and competitive play (though I know you mentioned otherwise), go ahead and research "league tier lists" and look at the champs chosen in the World Championships. Those will be the most "viable" once you learn to use them, and will be time best spent.

2) If you like to enjoy your champions more for their characteristics, I would browse some of the lore and flip through their skills in the market screen. It will give you a little bit of an aesthetic feel to them, and you can see if you like any skins ;D

Or you can find yourself a happy medium and do both. Find champs you like as far as lore/abilities/skills, and then check the tier lists to see how "viable" they are considered.

Enfillyon 10-19-2012 07:12 AM

play the champs with the "recommended" tag
it may sound like a cookie cutter answer but those tags exist for a reason

theyre easy to pick up, pretty cheap to unlock

Amalickiah 10-19-2012 07:50 AM

Cait is a good adc to learn with. It is super hard to do well as an adc with a bad laning phase and her laning phase is very safe. She has huge range and 2 escapes, one of which is getting buffed next patch.

LET ME GANK YOU 10-19-2012 08:16 AM

Play Karthus , acquire 2k ELO

Jalian 10-19-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahEsq (Hozzászólás 30411857)
Cait is a good adc to learn with. It is super hard to do well as an adc with a bad laning phase and her laning phase is very safe. She has huge range and 2 escapes, one of which is getting buffed next patch.

I agree with this. Caitlyn's range and generally easy mechanics make her an easy one to learn on, without screwing your team completely over. The first thing you need to really get good at is last hitting. You should also be able to multi task between last hitting and dealing with any incoming harrass, and remember that if you want to harass as well, they are more vulnerable when they are also trying to last hit.

TheEncrypt 10-19-2012 09:48 AM

I've been playing League off and on for a long while now, maybe 2 years more or less. When I first started, I personally was drawn to the ADC role, and I first learned with Ashe and then Tristana. I liked Ashe for her slow and I loved her ult. She's not fast by any means, and you may need to spec into utility for the movement speed to help a bit.

Tristana gets better as the game goes on, due to her reach increasing. Plus she has the Rocket Jump which should mainly be used as an escape tool, however if an enemy is low on health, you can initiate with it. Or what I like to do, if an enemy gets brave and gets close to my tower, I'll Rocket Jump over them, and ult them back into my own tower. Usually picks up a kill.

As others have stated, Cait is also really good because she has great range, and her Q ability is great for farming creeps. She's a little expensive tho, as far as IP goes.