League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Potential Tribunal Bug? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2698353)

10-19-2012 04:48 AM

Potential Tribunal Bug?

Hey there,

I was just going through some tribunal cases and I came across something that I've seen before, but only just now peaked my interest.

Every so often, I get cases that have reports for, more often than not, "Offensive Language". Now, a majority of cases are this type or "feeding" from what I've seen, but there is something strange about a few of these "offensive language" cases.

I will sometimes see cases that have a singular or 2-3 reports against someone for inappropriate language, yet when I check the text box, said reported player hasn't spoken at all! This has happened in games ranging from 20-50 minutes and there is not one point where I see this reported player speak, yet people on both teams seem to be making references to them, and it seems they are reacting to something being said.

I don't know if the reported players have a way of hiding their text or if the other players are just feeling sour and are exploiting the report function. Either way, I don't want to allow someone who is actually being inappropriate to continue being such, but if i can't see what they are saying, how do I know what they're really acting like?

Just a little confused here and any guidance would help. This could be an error on my part but could also be an error on the system or an error on both ends. I'm just not sure.

Hopefully you guys can look into this and figure it out. Thanks! :)

P.S has anyone else seen this? Am I the only one?

10-19-2012 07:19 AM

I would really appreciate a reply from anyone, really. Just started doing a few more cases and I'm getting this issue again. Gah...

Lord Ferret 10-19-2012 07:31 AM

I have yet to see that bug. But if they say nothing and they do nothing wrong pardon. If you think there is a bug report it to the support and skip.

Kinvaras666 10-19-2012 07:37 AM

I've seen many of those myself

At first I believed it was just a game with no chat
but I seem too many of them.

I mean, at least "gg" they usually say when they don't speak the whole game.

In this case would be an abuse that occurred in the post game lobby,
but no chat at all I think it is a bug.

10-19-2012 07:39 AM

It's concerning to see people report for offensive language and you can't see exactly what you're saying so you're basically forced to skip or pardon. I mean, these people could be super racists/rude/vulgar and I would never know. I think I might write a ticket to support about this, too.

Keep posting here though with opinions and solutions and ideas as to what it is. Hopefully we can get a Red's input. Also, SUPER GLAD to see I'm not the only one seeing these.

10-19-2012 09:53 AM

self bump; would love to discuss this

Lord Ferret 10-19-2012 09:57 AM

Well keep track of the case numbers of those you think might be missing from chat. and open a ticket about it

gnfnrf 10-19-2012 10:05 AM

I think three different things may be going on.

1.) People are reporting under the wrong category, or dishonestly.

2.) There is a glitch in the Tribunal database which means that the chat for a game is missing.

3.) The person used offensive language in pre or post-game chat, and the reporter doesn't realize that the Tribunal can't see this.

When the chat is completely empty, I suspect 2, which happens to me on rare occasions.

RiotNinjaTabby 10-19-2012 10:12 AM

Hey guys, if you run into this please feel free to post some case IDs here. Sometimes people choose the wrong report category on accident, or the person was offensive in pre/post game chat. However, I'd still like to check into these to be sure there's no issue. Thank you!

Magus Crow 10-19-2012 10:17 AM

I'm not certain on the no chat ones but I beleive that if you mute someone and report later their chat will be cut off at the point at which you muted them which could potentially be a problem in itself.