League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How can I stop sucking as Ahri? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2690283)

BluBerryPi 10-17-2012 01:01 PM

How can I stop sucking as Ahri?

Okay, I know the problem is not that shes a bad champ and its that Im not doing something right
, but how come I can't hit hard enough to finish any kills, and I cant survive long enough to not have to teleport back every few minutes?

And I get owned by like every AD?

I'm currently doing this build

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/ahri/64...rs-caseybarney

BluBerryPi 10-17-2012 01:52 PM

bump? XD

Meshly 10-17-2012 01:58 PM

Get a skin, that tends to help.

JRiMi 10-17-2012 02:00 PM

I've been playing alot of ahri. The trick in lane is to do the full combo of e q w r r r with an ignite to guarantee a kill. In teamfights u have to sit back and poke before u dive in with ult. U can easily snowball in lane with ur combo and be strong enough for teamfights u just have to be kill hungry at lvl 6. Anything before that is a bonus. Im pretty low elo and This is just my take on it though. Glad if I could help XD

Judas Priest 10-17-2012 04:41 PM

If you are recalling you might not be using her passive well. She has spell vamp bonus, if you use it with your Q, you'll find no reason to recall, ever. And concerning your damage, Ahri is a burst champion, you put down her full combo and the enemy dies. But you can't do this if the enemy is full health. The tricky is to constantly poke, harass and recover life with your spell vamp passive. Your opponent's HP should be lowering and your HP might be stable, because you recover life whenever you need. When he is low health and you are almost full, do your combo and finish him. Also, Ahri is squishy, you can't get caught. Be in the wrong place in the wrong time and you'll be smashed. You must know how to position yourself, staying behind your team charming the enemy and dealing damage from distance. Ahri is so much fun, she is one of the strongest mid champions of the game, imo.

Judas Priest 10-17-2012 04:48 PM

Oh, and about the builds your are following, I recommend neither of them on the link you posted. The first one is flawed because it has no spellvamp and the second one isn't good because it mix MR reduction with MR penetration, which is contraditory. I recommend this build:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-middle-168014

Spellvamp is important for lane phase, AP is important for being able to score a kill with your full combo and CC (from Rylai) is important for team fights. Good luck!

t0ad5 10-17-2012 07:13 PM

Don't forget the ball does true dmg when coming back.
Observe how it follows you when you move, and be creative with it. Practice on some bots if you need to slow down to get used to it.

l Quixotic l 10-17-2012 07:19 PM

I can record some gameplay and commentary for you on ahri, shes my mid lane main honestly and i do the same with her every game, win or lose, i always do god, its about knowing how to react, and of course, skill shots.

SovietBlade 10-17-2012 07:45 PM

Here's a REAL tip. Don't play champs that go against your style.
I used to think I could never play kassadin to any success. his kit just seemed so alien to me.
So I stopped playing kassadin. I stopped caring that I was terrible at him, and instead I picked up malzahar, learned a bit of morgana, and I can brutalize so many champs mid as fizz.

The real trick to getting good at this game is finding a handful of champs that you GENUINELY like to play and master them.
I HATE kassadin and I feel like I could never do great with him even if I wanted to.

Don't do what pro players do. Don't follow some stupid build on lolking lolpro mobafire or solomid to the letter.
MAKE IT UP if you have to. DO YOUR OWN THING.

Proplayers set the meta by experimenting. Optimal builds are usually just build-sense [not a very hard skill to learn] but crazy things have been done, and have been done EFFECTIVELY.

This game is fantastic for experimenting and learning. But you're going to torment yourself if you just play a champ because you think they're good and then follow some build because you think it's good.

steffdahunta 10-17-2012 10:11 PM

I agree with soviet.

People think this game is all about who you pick, but honestly its about finding the champion that right for you. Alot of time players will play 20 or 30 games on a champion and get bored, its a clear sign that that champion is probably not for you.

When it comes to Ahri specifically it all about mobility with your ult and positioning. You can use your ult to just deal damage or run people down, but during team fights you need to make sure you charm lands on a carry, and that you position your Q with your ult to hit as many target as possible while still having 1 as a main focus.