League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Countless Yi Bugs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2689077)

SnowFall 10-17-2012 06:09 AM

Countless Yi Bugs

Yi, the most left-behind champion in LoL has a whole bunch of bugs and I'm trying to bring them to the surface once more again.
  1. Alpha strike seems to have no visual cooldown on the icon when casted too fast.
  2. Yi is unable to use(he is actually able but it does no effect on him) heal/clarity summoner spells while he is performing alpha strike.
  3. Sometimes yi hangs in alpha strike for up to 3 seconds, when the usual time for this is 1 second. (call this murphy's law, but this always happen when I need to get an important kill to refresh my cooldowns and yi hangs in alpha strike up to 3 seconds, hitting the millisecond later after the enemy champion is dead.)
  4. Sometimes there's slight delay in highlander's abilities refreshing, enough to ruin whole tactics.
  5. Meditate's healing breaks off for no reason immediately after casting. Also the cast time for that is too high (and bonus bug - hot button /dance doesn't change his animation while typing /dance does)
  6. Alpha strike cancels when enemy flashes while no other click-on ability does such thing.
Hope riot will look into this
Update: If Yi kills enemy after activating Highlander with buff from Lich Bane item, that kill won't refresh his abilities

Kentucky Shuffle 10-17-2012 07:13 AM

I know for a fact that his Alpha strike cancels when the enemy flashes. I did this to a yi last game I played as Gragas. As soon as I heard his alpha strike animation, I flashed and it left yi hangin there for about a second before he resumed moving.

I distinctly remember my jaw hitting the floor and thinking, "Damn, if I were that master yi, I'd be PISSED right now." (as the blow would have killed me huehuehue)

VengefulSoul 10-17-2012 12:38 PM

I've noticed a couple of these things happening to me when I play Yi, most notably, the Alpha Strike hanging for longer than it should, preventing a kill/assist/refresh. I think this happens when the "randomly selected" targets for Alpha Strike are quite far from each other, but only because of the order they were "struck".
Another bug I have encountered is when Yi is silenced as he casts Alpha Strike, the animation ends prematurely, deals damage, and will not display a cooldown until the next Alpha Strike.

Kratarious 10-17-2012 04:02 PM

The most troubling issue I have had is from Yi's alpha strike cool down not resetting after multiple casts. It seems to happen when spamming the button just a half second before it comes off cool down makes it cast and then next time not show it's cool down. Another major problem is his hang time of his q. Sometimes the animation is very short and sometimes it is very long as you see the image of yi bounce around and can last for much longer than it should. Also when casting alpha strike he is supposed to be untargetable but sometimes when a skill shot is shot at the location right as yi is casting alpha strike and right as he turns into a yellow blur he can still be hit rooted or stunned allowing him to dmg four targets but be rooted in the spot and hitable as the dmg shoots out. Please take a look at yi's problems.

SnowFall 10-18-2012 10:44 PM

bump

PoopSlapped 10-18-2012 11:26 PM

I am also experiencing Yi problems... Check it out and tell me if you have experienced these also.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post30403384

I would like to add to your post. If ezreal uses his blink, and i Q onto him as he is doing it. Master Yi has followed him after the blink. I know it's not flash but just food for thought.

SnowFall 10-20-2012 05:52 AM

bump

CertainlyT 10-22-2012 09:55 AM

Hey all,

I agree that Yi has some frustrating issues. I think I've identified the "alpha strike cooldown not displaying" bug and should have a fix for that by the patch after this.

Alpha strike as a whole could stand to be re-scripted given all we've learned over the years since his implementation. That should fix a lot of the targeting/hang time issues as well. Unfortunately, that will probably take at least a month to get out the door.

Phil Stone 10-22-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certainlyt (Hozzászólás 30517714)
Hey all,

I agree that Yi has some frustrating issues. I think I've identified the "alpha strike cooldown not displaying" bug and should have a fix for that by the patch after this.

Alpha strike as a whole could stand to be re-scripted given all we've learned over the years since his implementation. That should fix a lot of the targeting/hang time issues as well. Unfortunately, that will probably take at least a month to get out the door.

Just the alpha strike cd display would be enough D:
In bold, is that a remake an or alpha strike scripting?

Paravani 10-22-2012 11:27 AM

Dude needs a remake, he just sucks. One of the crappiest champs in the league and a hallmark of unskilled players (at lower and mid ELO)

Only problem is, with so many new champs coming in that could be whatever you'd remake Yi into, plus all of the players who want Yi to still be Yi, you gotta be careful with the remake to still have him fill the same sort of role and stay similar to his old self. Personally, I'd rather see his alpha strike become a skillshot dash/dash back. But then I imagine most Yi players would call that heresy.