League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This game is really hard, I got some questions (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2682134)

Cutebold 10-15-2012 12:06 AM

This game is really hard, I got some questions

2 Attachment(s)
Where is this IP boost coming from? I don't get it, I don't have an IP boost!

Uh, I thought this game was pretty easy because I played some bot matches, but then I went to PVP and it was ultra hard, maybe to hard for me to enjoy this game.

I wonder why this is? Are people really so fantastically good? Or am I soooo fantastically bad?

Also why did the dragon in the tutorial attack some tank driving minions but never in the summoner rift game?

Also wanna be friends?

aphronyaa 10-15-2012 12:08 AM

Beginners get a small IP boost.

You're probably fantastically bad.

Because it's a tutorial.

No.

twitchtv -> league of legends -> any popular stream
start learnin'

Ornan 10-15-2012 12:10 AM

Maybe you should try an easier game.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Pla.../dp/B004NRN5EO

Xyltin 10-15-2012 12:26 AM

Knowledge is important. And you get knowledge over time.

How do you play this game? That is the problem for most new people. What do i focus on? What items are good in certain situations? ....

There are a lot of things that seem really hard to understand for new players.

1. CSing (only last hitting; dont attack all the time) and getting XP is the most important thing for new players to learn. Even when you die, as long a you get CS, you get money and items that allow you to come back at any time of the game.
Focus on that and learn it (15 CS ~ 1 kill without an assist).
2. Survive. Kills on enemies are not that important early. They give you an advantage, but are also risky. As a new player you don't see the risk you are often taking. if the enemy player is only a bit more experienced, be careful.
3. Know what items are good for your champ and what items are good in certain situations. Don't use the recommended items all the time (some of them are not that good for your champ; but they are all at least useful). Ask around, look for good guides at solomid.net.
4. Warding: Don't buy too many of them, but when you have some spare gold, take 1-2 and ward the river (if the enemy has a jungler or your mid laner doesn't call MIA). You can also ward the brushes if the enemy hides in there all the time and you have a ranged champ (or your mate) to be able to AA them when they get in there.
5. Deny CD and XP from your enemy: That is actually way harder to do if you combine it with the first point. Try to do this only if you have no last hits to take or you got used to last hitting. You have to get the enemy away from your waves, what is only possible when you are strong enough to win every 1v1 against him.
6. Learn what items exist. You don't need to know every value, but what stat combinations exist.

When know how to do the other stuff look for tips how to lane.
- how to trade
- how to control the waves (pushing and freezing)
- how to ward agaisnt ganks

About the friend stuff. I don't play on NA servers. I have one smurf there, but I'm from EU. You can try to add me.

Clubbems 10-15-2012 12:27 AM

Most people at low levels are smurfs, people who are level 30 but feel inadequate about themselves, so they go pick on new people.

Joseph Dom 10-15-2012 12:29 AM

Here is some advice a friend gave me. You will be bad for your first 100 games. It is true. Once you get the hang of it it gets better.

Blaster 10-15-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluffum (Hozzászólás 30241833)
Most people at low levels are smurfs, people who are level 30 but feel inadequate about themselves, so they go pick on new people.

Or all those people riot bans... they also make smurfs to either play while riding out a ban or to make a new account after being perma'd.-_- Riot OP NERF TRIBUNAL CUZ IT DESTROYS NEW PLAYAS RIGHT AS THEY START THE GAWD DANG GAME

Lol geting downvoted for the Truth????
what0.0.....

Cutebold 10-15-2012 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xyltin (Hozzászólás 30241824)
Knowledge is important. And you get knowledge over time.

How do you play this game? That is the problem for most new people. What do i focus on? What items are good in certain situations? ....

There are a lot of things that seem really hard to understand for new players.

1. CS (only last hitting; dont AA all the time) and XP is the most important thing for new players to learn. Even when you die, as long a you get CS, you get money and item that allow you to come back at any time of the game.
Focus on that and learn it.
2. Survive. Kills on enemies are not that important early. They give you an advantage, but are also risky. As a new player you don't see the risk you are often taking. if the enemy player is only a bit more experienced, be careful.
3. know what items are good for your champ and what items are possible for certain situations. Don't use the recommended items (some of the mare not that good for your champ). Ask around, look for good guides at solomid.net.
4. Warnding: Don't buy too many of them, but when you hav some gold left, take 1-2 and ward the river (if the enemy has a jungler or your mid laner doesn't call MIA). You can also ward the brushes if the enemy hides in there all the time and you have a ranged champ (or your mate) to be able to AA them when they get in there.
5. deny CD and XP from your enemy: That is actually way harder to do if you combine it with the first point. Try to do this only if you have no last hits to take or you got used to last hitting.
6. Learn what items exist. You don't need to know every value, but what stat combinations exist.

This is really helpful, thank you.

Xyltin 10-15-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutebold (Hozzászólás 30242370)
This is really helpful, thank you.

Now with improved spelling.

DonVadim 10-15-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutebold (Hozzászólás 30241508)
Where is this IP boost coming from? I don't get it, I don't have an IP boost!

Uh, I thought this game was pretty easy because I played some bot matches, but then I went to PVP and it was ultra hard, maybe to hard for me to enjoy this game.

I wonder why this is? Are people really so fantastically good? Or am I soooo fantastically bad?

Also why did the dragon in the tutorial attack some tank driving minions but never in the summoner rift game?

Also wanna be friends?

At low level you gain extra ip to keep you interested. Later on the game turns into massive grindfest.

Pretty much everyone but top elo players are bad at this game.

You are just worse than them.

??

no