League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Most frustrating match of my career! What was yours? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2672847)

Lempface 10-13-2012 04:29 AM

Most frustrating match of my career! What was yours?

Okay, so it starts at champion select. Anyone surprised? We get some kid that is last pick and calls AP Teemo mid right off the bat. Well our first pick instalocks Morgana. I politely ask the guy who wanted Teemo if he would mind playing another role. "Sure, np," he says, "I'll take top." Second pick instalocks Mordekaiser, I take Janna support. Last picks call was instalocked again, so I ask him if he minds taking jungle. "Sure, np," he says. 4th pick takes Vayne and last pick selects Teemo. Vayne and I ask him to take a better jungle champ and he picks Nocturne. At the last second before the game starts he switches back to Teemo and doesn't even grab a smite. Other team comp: Darius, Amumu, Caitlyn, Soraka and Katarina.

I've been trying to rage less and gut games out to improve my play even in losing matches so as soon as we pop in I state to the team, "Looks like our team comp isn't going to work out to well, what can we do to make the best of this?" In reply a couple of the guys stated Amumu's jungle is really bad if he doesn't have the blue so lets try and invade. We camp out on the other side of their Golem and Teemo then runs out and exposes our position. We try to initiate on them as well before they can react but Darius manages to get down and PENTAKILL our whole team at level 1. Biggest fail I've ever seen in my life.

Well as you can imagine everyone is calling "GG," "Its over!" "I'm waiting for Surrender" etc. I try to encourage my team, "Even if we lose we can still learn from this, lets see what happens."

Fast forward 20 minutes, we actually catch up in kills and start turning it around. A few minutes later and we are acing them left and right. Had 3 or so dragons, a baron their mid inhibitor down.. All in all pretty impressive turn around. UNTIL! Caitlyn leaves :(

SERIOUSLY?! We turn around that god awful start and let Darius snowball and we get a leaver?

Again, I try to coordinate the team, lets not give up yet, if we can avoid all getting slammed in Amumu's ult we might have a chance, we still have baron. Well we start to push again and ace them again, only me and Teemo actually try to take down any more objectives THREE others back when they are ACED! ?!?!??!?!?!

I'm thinking at this point, "Really? How much worse can this get, we get an awful jungle pick, turn game around, get a leaver, STILL manage to have the upper hand and the team backs instead of push for the win...."

Still trying to stay positive I feel we are so much stronger than the other team and overall better players we might be able to win one more team fight and take the game.

Then Mordekaiser AFKs the rest of the game and we lose. To make matters worse, the other teams Darius starts to taunt us even though we were down 2 players and we were CLEARLY the better team.

Sigh, sometimes this game......

Now your turn!

UgmoDuck 10-13-2012 04:35 AM

Career? Pretty sure LOL is not a career. Anyways, too much reading for me.

Lempface 10-13-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UgmoDuck (Hozzászólás 30170206)
Career? Pretty sure LOL is not a career. Anyways, too much reading for me.

Career as in, since I've been playing. Nice reply, you pick out one word and laugh and have nothing to add.. Well done, this community is wonderful!

Atacand 10-13-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lempface (Hozzászólás 30170262)
Career as in, since I've been playing. Nice reply, you pick out one word and laugh and have nothing to add.. Well done, this community is wonderful!

By all means, if you want the community to participate, talking down to it is definitely not the best way to do so. Just sayin'...

Minzart 10-14-2012 06:02 AM

I remember countless games where one lane would feed and constantly blame other lanes. Then, they think ROAMING is a good idea, so they feed the other lanes too. That probably is my biggest pet peeve.