League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Bullying fkn stop it (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2672822)

SpatenMiinchen 10-13-2012 04:00 AM

Bullying fkn stop it

I started playing this game mode because people seemed to be more laid back and fun to play with.

But now that I've been winning a few games with AP Teemo I've noticed that some players have become increasingly rude.

My biggest complaint is when players on your team ask the other team to report another player when in fact that person is playing fine. With duo or tri ques its especially toxic and provides an example of bullying. PLS STOP IT.

It's so easy to be kind to people, so why would someone go out of their way to be rude? Honestly it ruins my whole experience playing this game, to be wrongfully accused. I can understand criticism but undeserved bullying is toxic. Especially when you're playing to win.

It's ultimately offensive when you're trying your best and a teammate asks the other team to report you. An incredible abuse of the report feature and bullying.

Okabe1 048596 10-13-2012 04:20 AM

I honestly haven't run into this in Dominion, at least not in the vast majority of my games. I'm sorry you're having a bad experience.

tbh, i probably miss a lot of what goes on in chat. i only read chat when i'm dead, and even then not too frequently.

SpatenMiinchen 10-13-2012 04:26 AM

For the most part my experience has been positive but i would estimate that 6 of the last 20 games have involved incredibly rude players who have tried to bully and abuse the report feature.

It really bugs me because I only report players who are exceedingly rude regardless of performance and I never try to gang up on people by asking for others to report. It just feels like pure bullying and it should not be accepted.

urmamasllama 10-13-2012 04:51 AM

riot has stated that they have a system in place to catch premades abusing the report system and when they do that person basically no longer has any sway with reporting

FDru 10-13-2012 05:04 AM

What you just described is bannable behavior, but posting on the forum isn't going to do much. Report them and move on.

Infirc 10-13-2012 07:48 AM

^ what poster above me said, also try to improve your gameplay, there are somethings that seem like the right tthing to do in Dominion but end up being pretty much a wste of time and resources for example, 2 enemy tanks standing on a point? or even worse all the enemy team standing there visible to everyone else without moving an inch from them, people often commit the mistake of diving them inside a turret dying and making the enemy team outnumber you for the next 30 seconds possibly giving away them a 4 or 5 cap, the right thing to do ther e is to either go for their mid while setting up a jungle gank or 3-5 man their bot laner to create enough disruption and confusion for the enemys to recall in desperation and giving your team enough number advantage to recover top, that Point commanding standing there doing nothing even giving away your position only wins against, well; not so bright players or low/starting elo players and many people find it frustrating losing to it because it's hell of easy to counter it.

Second of all, the score system is tremendously flawed and gives the most points for the most pointless things, so that's bad for measuring how well you did.

SpatenMiinchen 10-13-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmamasllama (Hozzászólás 30170310)
riot has stated that they have a system in place to catch premades abusing the report system and when they do that person basically no longer has any sway with reporting

Good point, I actually forgot about this. I'll just have to ignore toxic behavior and play my best.

Basically what's happening is some teammates are belligerently trying to force me to play bottom (as AP Teemo). This is when we have bot laners much more capable than I such as Jax, Jayce, Ziggs, Karthus, Lux, Malzahar etc. For the most part these champions can clear and or 1v1 much better than I can against the typical bot lane champion. Teemo's short range makes it difficult to play against most other mages and his clear is sub optimal. Sauron's teir list I believe supports this view, that Teemo is better served top.

So what happens is some team members try to bully me into playing bot when I've been making great contributions top by defending with shrooms and assassinating squishy targets. And when I don't respond because I very well know I can make better contributions top, they bully me by asking the other team to report me. And of corse then whenever I happen to die, I'm a feeder regardless of having most kills and most assists and they ask for more reports. It's really unfortunate and fairly toxic. And it does not help the team win games.

Now If a Jax or another AD is rolling our bottom lane I will without hesitation swap if that's optimal for the team. But that's my point, I'm only looking to make plays which are optimal for the team and I've been winning a lot lately with AP Teemo (I would safely guess 30-10 with Teemo in my last 40 games). It seems my +wins have put me in a group with slightly more competitive and unfortunately opinionated players than I'm used to experiencing.

I only hope to play with positive team oriented players. Since this game mode really is a lot of fun when people are not being rude to one another.

lbgsloan 10-13-2012 01:09 PM

Getting thrown in with a big premade group is usually a bad time in any game mode. Either they will start abusing the solo if things go sour, or they're just screwing around and aren't taking the match very seriously.

What this game badly needs is an icon beside premades on the selection screen. That way if the solo player(s) want no part of it, they have a chance to bail before it starts. I honestly can't remember any time I was thrown in as a solo with a 4-man that wasn't from DD where I had a good game.

A Slime Appears 10-13-2012 01:56 PM

Teemo does have that global taunt, and the AP build is ****ing annoying. So, let's consider : you are taking one of (if not the most) hated characters in the game, combining it with a build that is, again, one of, if not the most, most hated in the game (although that might be biased based on my opinion >_>), and combining them. Not that I'm trying to pardon their behavior, but if any character was asking for it, it'd be AP teemo.

Demonite10 10-13-2012 05:31 PM

Use the ignore function. Seriously, it saves you from getting worked up and saying/doing things that will get you banned.