League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Best AP Champion For Beginners (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2672673)

CrackenColter 10-13-2012 01:05 AM

Best AP Champion For Beginners

Hey guys,
This is my third thread on the forums.
I just want to know what do you guys think is the best AP champion for a beginner? Well, I'm not a beginner, I'm actually level 18. But I have never played AP, any tips? I'm thinking Veigar but I don't really know.

Please give me a list of names,
Yours sincerely,
CrackenColter

Best Furry NA 10-13-2012 01:43 AM

Hmm. AP Mid. Well, you don't want to try someone who has a high skill cap, or low escape mechanisms.

A few fun ones that are strong and can escape easily:

Ahri
Veigar
Kennen (AP Kennen... AD also works)
Akali? (I think she's AP right?)

Bad ones to choose due to either low mobility, low escape mechanisms, a high skill cap, or a combo:
Anivia (my main)
Xerath
Cassiopia
Brand might fit either list, as he isn't terribly hard, but has no escape.

MrDeadlifter 10-13-2012 02:04 AM

Ryze and Annie are both fairly easy to use. Maybe disregard all the APs that have a close range AA (Gragas, Kassadin, etc.)

UgmoDuck 10-13-2012 05:35 AM

i would say Ryze (make sure its on smart cast), just smash keyboard. Not viegar, hard to land stun.
Ahri is easy too, landing kiss is the hardest thing with her.
Annie would work bc last hitting is easier with her q.
Mord is good too,, pushes lane so enemy team has a hard time last hitting under tower and you can use e to last hit.
Good luck

Elendil999 10-13-2012 05:48 AM

Ryze is so different from most AP champion because of his use of Mana and Defensive items to further boost his damage and also the fact that his gameplay revolves alot around Spell Vamp tanking, I dont think it is a preferred pic to get into the "ap" role.

Annie however is extremely fun, strong and easy to play. Along with her id suggest Ahri and Morgana being fairly strong and not too complicated. Lux and Leblanc could also be considered even though they can prove a bit harder to play as they have a different style of spells

CrackenColter 10-13-2012 06:43 AM

Hey guys,
I've decided to get Ahri.
Can someone give me tips please?

Thanks,
CrackenColter

NamelessFish 10-13-2012 06:52 AM

Heim i think is great for beginners. Its not the most beginner FRIENDLY because if hes caught.....he can either nade and hope to run, or die....usually die, but it helps teach players reliance on team members and how to push/lane, as well as how to abuse status effects in team fights instead of trying to rush in and burst and suicide. Trial and Error ftw ~Loves heim~

Elendil999 10-13-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackenColter (Hozzászólás 30171440)
Hey guys,
I've decided to get Ahri.
Can someone give me tips please?

Thanks,
CrackenColter

Pratice hitting the E (Heart shaped taunt spell) as this will make or break her. If you hit it on a non-tank hero, mid game, its usually a kill with your ult up.

Friesguy 10-13-2012 11:08 AM

Morgana. She's who I learned Mid on, and she's still my best mid champ. Her shield gives escapes, her W's third level gives you three caster minion kill per cast. Her Q and Ult are stellar. I'd say she and Ryze are the easiest Mids to learn on. Ahri requires combo mastery, which is why I wouldn't suggest her to a beginner.

And to the guy who said Anivia is bad, I'm sure Froggen would punch the **** out of you. lol She's tough for new Mids, so I'll give you that though.

Sir Bulldog 10-13-2012 04:38 PM

Annie is prob the easiest to learn with, but she doesn't have a good escape, except for her stun. Kennen is a good option, but he can be tricky to learn because he's energy based.

Oh wait a stun isn't an escape, it's a cc. sorry she has no escape.