League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   If we can't balance for dominion because of summoners rift priority (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2670526)

PetalDance 10-12-2012 09:13 AM

If we can't balance for dominion because of summoners rift priority

Can we up the number of bans?

SylianEUW 10-12-2012 09:19 AM

Blind pick has no bans. The DominateDominion tournament currently has 5 bans per team. Draft has 3, though I wonder how many people actually play draft. 3 bans per teams should help you get rid of some of the most OP champions.

Galgus 10-12-2012 09:46 AM

Would it be possible to better balance Dominion by tweaking the Dominion buff?

Granted, I don't really know how one would do that, but Dominion items and the buff seem to be made to balance it while Champions stay the same.

WaterD103 10-12-2012 12:33 PM

Personally I would lower the number of bans, i think 3 and 3 is too much and I think DD number of bans is just insane.

HagarCool 10-12-2012 01:00 PM

I see no reason why ( from a software development point of view ) that they have three profiles for each champion. One for each game mode. It sure would make balancing much easier. If they can pump out a new champ this often, they can take a break and balance the other game modes.

ShawNuff 10-12-2012 01:16 PM

too many bans makes the game pretty dumb actually.

Imwetoddid 10-12-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagarCool (Hozzászólás 30152453)
I see no reason why ( from a software development point of view ) that they have three profiles for each champion. One for each game mode. It sure would make balancing much easier. If they can pump out a new champ this often, they can take a break and balance the other game modes.

From a psychology point of view, it puts too much burden of knowledge on new players- they'd suddenly find that their favorite champion is weaker and wouldn't know why.

You have to consider that they still think flash is the best summoner spell on Dominion.

A Slime Appears 10-13-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imwetoddid (Hozzászólás 30153108)
From a psychology point of view, it puts too much burden of knowledge on new players- they'd suddenly find that their favorite champion is weaker and wouldn't know why.

You have to consider that they still think flash is the best summoner spell on Dominion.

This argument has never made sense. Most champs don't have the exact same level of viability between SR and dominion, so new players can potentially already have this problem, depending on who they like. At least with dominion-specific balance changes Kassadin wouldn't be constantly rolling over them while they sit there and wtf about it.

urmamasllama 10-13-2012 02:09 PM

Most of the maps problems can be fixed by tweaking the dominion buff and items. The exception of course being kassawin

HaIfhearted 10-13-2012 02:29 PM

I think that all draft settings need increased bans, and not just Dominion.

SR is experiencing the same thing Dominion did awhile back.
You just see the exact same 3-6 champs picked/banned over and over and over again, because they are so overwhelming strong that you can't feasibly run anything else with them on the board.

Ez/Jayce/Kog/Sona/Ori/Anivia/Shen. They're so damn common in the World Finals.
SR really needs to increase the ban limit so that we can see the SR pros run a bit more diversity.