League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nashor's Tooth on Diana (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2670003)

DiabolusReborn 10-12-2012 02:04 AM

Nashor's Tooth on Diana

I'm just starting to play Diana and I'm not seeing any NT's on Diana guides, anyone tried a Diana with Nashor's Tooth? results?

Kaoelith 10-12-2012 02:25 AM

nashors tooth is an old item that needs to be updated imo, it offers very good stats that people rarely combine, attack speed and cdr

diana really doesn't need attack speed since she has a decent base speed as it is, you could run attack speed reds though as it does help if you are doing jungle diana

if you really insist on getting attack speed on diana, malady is a much better choice then, same attack speed for 800 gold cheaper, 20 magic damage on hit, and magic resist shred.

cdr isn't really needed on diana since her cds are so low already, and a dfg with masteries in any tree will put her around 20-30% depending on tree

DiabolusReborn 10-12-2012 11:22 PM

hmm I was thinking of Nashor's in order to make the most use out of her passive. Sort of like Jax's ult, but with in combination with more skills.

Lethadind 10-12-2012 11:40 PM

Stacking attack speed on Diana makes her a pusher and gives her more tower threat, but less teamfight presence. Think of her as Master Yi in a sense when you stack attack speed. Her passive procs at a reduced rate to towers, but it still helps shred the towers health, and she actually downs a tower quite quickly with attack speed stacked.

Without the AP though, she becomes next to useless in late-game teamfights as she gets bursted down instantly (she's melee range) so she makes little use of her passive (One, maybe two procs). This damage can't make up for lost damage with AP burst plus the natural tankiness she can obtain from getting items like Rylai's, Zhonya's, and Abyssal Scepter.

I'm going to have to completely disagree with the comment on CDR being useless on her, though. It's probably the second most important stat to increase (first being AP obviously). Those QR procs are what make Diana so threatening, and dropping her Q from a 6 second CD to a 3.6 second CD dramatically increases her threat to the ADC and the team in general. In a focused teamfight with 400 AP, even one more Q adds 510 damage to each target before mitigation, realistically it'll be about 250 damage (to five champions this is 1250 damage). Adding another R this is another 225ish damage after mitigation. This is if she's focused down quickly. If she's left free reign on the teamfight it boosts her damage potential considerably.

rgd93 10-19-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethadind (Hozzászólás 30167226)
Her passive procs at a reduced rate to towers.

Actually, no it doesn't. I looked at this myself for a little while. Her passive procs on turrets, inhibitors, and the Nexus as well. The reason why it only shows up sometimes, is because the splash actually MISSES the object. If you stand right beside the structure you hit, then the passive will always deal the bonus damage. People are mistake for a "random chance" or "reduced rate" because they move around the structure while attacking it, which is what you should be doing anyways. But just so it's clear, it DOES NOT proc at a reduced rate or random chance, the aoe of the splash simply misses the hit-box of the structure.