League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   kayle support? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2669999)

Fiveofswords 10-12-2012 03:00 AM

kayle support?

so i have kayle...cause got her free from first season...but never play her
also never see her in high elo...
is there some reason? she bad as support? seems to overall be designed for support, the only issue i see from trying her out once is it seems like kayle really can use AS and thats hard to get w/o farm
what items? philosopher stone, heart of gold, and berserker greaves/ionic spark?

Grollm 10-12-2012 05:03 AM

I would build her like this http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ls-angel-49503 I've used Kayle support and she is a monster but she requires you to be cognizant of the enemies health and making sure you aren't accidently taking the kills from the adc. The reason you want to build her this way is because it keeps her damage a mixture of physical and magical, plus it allows her heal to hit like a truck too. I would maybe start off with rushing a philo stone and depending on how your early game is going get a heart of gold as well then start building into hybrid. I wouldn't suggest building her straight support because it diminishes her heal. Also if you adc sucks it allows you to make up the damage that the adc isn't putting out.

UgmoDuck 10-12-2012 05:29 AM

kayle is good top, mid, or support. She is very versitile. You dont see her mutch as she is a counter pick champ like talon. You can buils her ad or ap. Dyrus on TSM used her a lot. good pokes

Grollm 10-12-2012 05:47 AM

She can actually do any role. Her jungling is actually surprisingly underrated a lot of Gangplanks jungling. If you think about her kit, she can slow you down, speed herself up, can poke you from long range, and make herself or the lane partner she is ganking invulnerable for a few seconds. Great champ in any role

Mako 10-12-2012 10:55 AM

She's not a good support. Play her top, she crushes most bruisers.

Grollm 10-12-2012 11:04 AM

How do you say she is not a good support? She has a heal, she has a slow, she can poke really well, and her ult is game changing for an adc. She is not the best support true and she is probably better utilized top, but she is still a good support.

JRiMi 10-12-2012 12:04 PM

I hate when I have to be ad and kayle supports. They always seem to attack my minions with the range ability thing kayle has. They never know how to use her kit for support and build gp5. They go for the at speed kayle lol. Idk how viable it is but my experience hasn't been a good one.

Grollm 10-12-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRiMi (Hozzászólás 30149406)
I hate when I have to be ad and kayle supports. They always seem to attack my minions with the range ability thing kayle has. They never know how to use her kit for support and build gp5. They go for the at speed kayle lol. Idk how viable it is but my experience hasn't been a good one.

Like I said you have to be a smart player and know to only use your righteous fury on champs and try not to use it when the enemy champ is surrounded by your minions because you inadvertently take cs. There are just better supports out there, but she isn't horrible. She's 10x better than support lux though, haha.

PrfsrChaos 10-12-2012 01:12 PM

Support Kayle definitely works.

Her kit is made to support:
She shreds armor and mr
She has a slow, a heal, and a speed buff
her shield is a perfect carry protection and jungler tower diving tool

I've found when playing her support that her presence in teamfights becomes vital for your team because of how much utility she has.

Also, mid game when things get more "roaming-like" her E allows you to catch up on farm very very quickly because of the AOE, so building extra atk spd items is easy.

GP5 + Zeke's + Aegis of the Legion ...Randuins...Guardian's Angel

...if you're having a really good day and are more about healing and slowing and shielding...Deathfire Grasp/Spirit Visage/Morello's are good items with their utility and cdr.

...if atk speed is more your route...Malady, Nashor's, Frozen Mallet/Trinity Force for the slow...

Kayle works, but she takes some getting used to.

thepantsparty 10-12-2012 02:19 PM

Other champions support better than Kayle does, and Kayle is better in other roles than as support. It works, but it's not the best choice.