League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wondering about ADC.... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2669875)

Ethri 10-12-2012 01:19 AM

Wondering about ADC....

Occasionally I am stuck in the position of playing ADC and I was wondering how to play champions with no gap closers against Ezreal/ Corki/ Graves. Currently the only ADCs available to me are Kog'maw and Ashe.

However, when I play someone like Ezreal it seems as though he can burst through a large portion of my health with E>Q>W to end a fight in a draw even when he starts with half hp and I have full hp. So I was wondering how Ashe/ Kog'maw players manage fighting these heavy-burst gap-closing champions.

Also, any tips on csing? In 10 minutes I usually have ~100 cs for a custom game, ~90cs for a bot game, but only ~40 cs for a normal game. I don't think the extra harass is the issue because it happens even if I am coming out on top. It seems that whenever I try to cs in normal games I keep miss-clicking like someone who has no clue how to last hit.

Magus Crow 10-12-2012 04:02 AM

Neither Ashe nor Kog is likely to win a confrontation with Ez (or Graves or Corki) full on you need to poke at him while you farm. Ashe gets a gold advantage on him due to her hawk shot passive and should be able to come out ahead as she should get her items slightly faster. Kog just outscales him. So long as you can keep up in the CS war you'll beat him out late game.

Ethri 10-12-2012 09:00 AM

So the basic strategy would be to deter confrontation until help arrives or low enough to finish him off with my ultimate (referring to Ashe)?

For the subject of CSing I think I'm going to work more on lane freeze CS instead of purely last hitting (same thing except pushing your lane more). It still doesn't help that I can move-> attack move perfectly facing computers but I fumble with my keys facing players.

Eledhan 10-12-2012 09:37 AM

Let's put it this way...

If you're going to take a non-dash ADC, you better have some incredibly good protection, no enemy assassins, high DPS frontline (Xin, Olaf, Irelia, Shen, Yorick, etc), and you better maintain good positioning.

My advice would be to simply break down and buy the dash/blink/jump ADC's. There are 6 of them, and they are all somewhat expensive, but if you start with Tristana, she can get you what you need to get going. Caitlyn, Corki, Ezreal, Graves, Tristana, Vayne. Those are the ones you should get before any of the others.

They each give you the ability to re-position if you mess up, close the gap to get that last hit or two on a low HP target, and get away from enemy front lines in a hurry when you're getting initiated on.

Magus Crow 10-12-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethri (Hozzászólás 30145470)
So the basic strategy would be to deter confrontation until help arrives or low enough to finish him off with my ultimate (referring to Ashe)?

For the subject of CSing I think I'm going to work more on lane freeze CS instead of purely last hitting (same thing except pushing your lane more). It still doesn't help that I can move-> attack move perfectly facing computers but I fumble with my keys facing players.

As Ashe you have the range advantage on all of the trinity. Poke them with frost shot autos when they go to last hit themselves. Kite them if they try to trade with you. If they go all in with a gap closer you may have to rely on your support for a stun / exhaust if they dont you'll probably take the burst but be able to trade back via kiting them and should probably come out roughly equal on health.

As I stated before Ashe will eventually win if you force a farm lane as her passive gold gain off on Hawk Shot will allow you to get your items faster so long as you can match their CS.

Ethri 10-12-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus Crow (Hozzászólás 30148665)
As Ashe you have the range advantage on all of the trinity. Poke them with frost shot autos when they go to last hit themselves. Kite them if they try to trade with you.

I didn't know this, thanks! I'll have to see if I can take advantage of this with micromanagement. Other than that I may give Tristana a try... Isn't there a way to get her for free?

Sire Steven 10-12-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethri (Hozzászólás 30139953)
Occasionally I am stuck in the position of playing ADC and I was wondering how to play champions with no gap closers against Ezreal/ Corki/ Graves. Currently the only ADCs available to me are Kog'maw and Ashe.

However, when I play someone like Ezreal it seems as though he can burst through a large portion of my health with E>Q>W to end a fight in a draw even when he starts with half hp and I have full hp. So I was wondering how Ashe/ Kog'maw players manage fighting these heavy-burst gap-closing champions.

Also, any tips on csing? In 10 minutes I usually have ~100 cs for a custom game, ~90cs for a bot game, but only ~40 cs for a normal game. I don't think the extra harass is the issue because it happens even if I am coming out on top. It seems that whenever I try to cs in normal games I keep miss-clicking like someone who has no clue how to last hit.

I just made a post that includes a blog in which I talk about playing as Ashe. Don't know if it will help but I'll link the blog here in hopes of being of some assistance. http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Bla...--236594.phtml

Magus Crow 10-12-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethri (Hozzászólás 30149229)
I didn't know this, thanks! I'll have to see if I can take advantage of this with micromanagement. Other than that I may give Tristana a try... Isn't there a way to get her for free?

I believe you have 75 on Graves and 50 on both Ez and Corki (though watch for their poke).

Trist is free for liking their facebook page. Just remember to have the account that you like their page with have the same e-mail as the one you used on your LoL account or it wont work.

TheSnuke 10-12-2012 02:04 PM

You've all forgotten the most important piece of information an ADC needs to know. Draven does it all..with style.