League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 26

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Syndra Quality of Life/Useability changes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2669867)

Meddler 10-12-2012 01:12 AM

Syndra Quality of Life/Useability changes

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know about some useability/quality of life changes we're currently testing for Syndra and also gather some feedback to see if there's anything else we might have missed that would it would be appropriate to bundle with them. We didn't get Syndra's state quite right on launch, both in terms of simple power and in terms of spell timings, which in retrospect left her abilities both harder to use/more delayed than was appropriate and light on the actual pay off when executed correctly. In the last balance patch we buffed the damage, range and/or mana cost on her skills so now we're looking at tweaking the performance on her abilities themselves (this sort of stuff takes longer to do, hence the changes being split into two patches).

The key changes we're currently testing are:

1. Making her Force of Will more responsive by increasing the speed at which Syndra pulls Dark Spheres/Minions to her to throw and by removing the spell slot cooldown imposed during the grab (instead replacing it with a check that allows the throw to occur as soon as the Sphere/Minion's been pulled to her though not before).

2. Improving the timing on the Sphere hit detection from Scatter the Weak to allow more natural Q followed immediately by E plays. This can currently be done but can be a bit unreliable at moderate Q ranges from Syndra where intuitively you'd expect the combo to work.

3. Fixing the cooldown check on the ultimate so that it doesn't go on cooldown without casting, whether because the target died mid animation or because spellshields are being checked for at start of cast, not at point of missile impact.

4. We're testing a small range increase on her ultimate. This is something we're really cautious about, given the ult's damage can be very high
and higher ranges tested during development were extremely powerful. Given other aspects of her kit were somewhat different then however there's value in rechecking a longer range again to see if the previous problems observed still hold true or not.

In addition we've also got a number of bug fixes in the works that should also improve Syndra's play experience, in particular a case where enemies hit by both Scatter the Weak and a knocked back Dark Sphere sometimes only getting knocked back, rather than knocked back and stunned as intended.

As usual since these are changes in testing they're not set in stone and release timing's not confirmed yet, though we should be talking sooner rather than later.

Templar2k7 10-12-2012 01:13 AM

I Love you guys right now

DreJBringer 10-12-2012 01:13 AM

<3

Arcturuslll 10-12-2012 01:14 AM

Thanks Meddler <3

SuicideCreamPuff 10-12-2012 01:14 AM

thank you riot!

now fix twitch please! =)

Kayleorfeed 10-12-2012 01:15 AM

meh

drzombieface 10-12-2012 01:15 AM

I decided to not refund Syndra a while back. I knew things would be done to help her.

Make me proud. She can be so much more.

Finn the Human 10-12-2012 01:17 AM

Yay.

I might actually consider buying her instead of Diana now :x.

Are there any thoughts of changing any of her numbers? Her base stats are quite strong it was just her clunkiness that was holding her back.

AeroCraker 10-12-2012 01:17 AM

<3 Syndra

Free Gray Screen 10-12-2012 01:18 AM

All that stuff seemed fine to me; she just feels........clunky.