League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Introducing Worre's Forum Enhancer Kit (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2669728)

Lénekton Bot 10-11-2012 10:46 PM

Introducing Worre's Forum Enhancer Kit

God damnit, guys. Don't bump this thread anymore :<

THREAD MOVED TO: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2757820

PLEASE DON'T BUMP THIS THREAD ANY MORE.

[Hello guys, Worre here. I'd like to present you my Forum Enhancer Kit. Following text was written by my friend Corrosive0.]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summoners!

As you know, these forums do not support custom user avatars and don't have a button for tracking your own, or someone else's, posts.
Well, this will be a problem no longer, as Worre has created a solution! The solution is Worre's Forum Enhancer Kit, fresh out of beta.

Features:
-Post tracker!
-User avatars!
-???
-Profit!

System Requirements:
-None, just use Firefox or Chrome (and Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey add on, respectively)
-Newest version has added Opera support, good news for all Opera users. (Installation instructions in the New User Guide)

Source Code
Rules
New User Guide
Download Link

EDIT: Just a minor edit for the chance that someone from Riot decides to use this little add on, an account has been created for every single Rioter Worre knew the Summoner Name of (because the script replaces the user's default avatar with either the standard question mark or what has been uploaded), so if you find that there's already an account with your name, send him a message on his site's Support page and ask him to set a new password for you. Naturally, others may ask for a password reset in the case that an account is created without their knowledge.
-------------------------------
Q: Is this allowed?
A: Technically, Riot does not support the add on in any way, but it is not against the forum rules to use it as it doesn't mess with forum data. (See the Riot post further in the thread.)

Q: Are the avatars visible for everyone?
A: Yes and no. They are visible to everyone with the add on installed, but not to anyone without it.

Q: How do I know this isn't some password stealing scam/keylogger/etc.?
A: The source code is freely available to everyone, you can check for yourself. The add on doesn't do anything with your F.E.K. site log in data, those are just for uploading an avatar.

Q: IE version?
A: No. Get a real browser.

UPDATE HISTORY:
v 0.9 Closed Beta
v 0.9b First public version
v 0.9c Fixed bugs, available on Opera
v 0.9c Firefox exclusive bug fixed
v 0.9E: thread highlighter, no more voting bugs and opera should work properly. Tampermonkey no more necessary for Chrome.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original thread
Screenshot

sux 10-11-2012 11:59 PM

Bumping for you bro.
Even though forums seem quite dead currently.
Also bookmarked.

Akkina 10-12-2012 02:12 AM

Dunno.. Might check it out. Even if I don't, here's a free bamp.

Supaka 10-12-2012 03:31 AM

So I've installed Tampermonkey for chrome and I've found a different script which works quite well but for whatever reason I have been unsuccessful in installing your script.

The guide doesn't seem to be exceptionally helpful, it recommends I download a script but then Chrome denies it saying it has to be downloaded from the app store?

Halp

Supaka 10-12-2012 03:34 AM

Through manually loading the source code into tampermonkey I was able to get it running... Should update your guide to include that instruction.

The download/install doesn't work with Chrome

Lénekton Bot 10-12-2012 03:37 AM

Didn't Tampermonkey ask anything about the installation? It should ask something like "Do you want to install this script to Tampermonkey? Click "Yes" for installing to Tampermonkey or press "Cancel" to install into Chrome".

The Guardian 009 10-12-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lnekton Bot (Hozzszls 30141888)
Didn't Tampermonkey ask anything about the installation? It should ask something like "Do you want to install this script to Tampermonkey? Click "Yes" for installing to Tampermonkey or press "Cancel" to install into Chrome".

How did you install the custom avatar? I don't see any upload avatar

edit: nevermind, figured it out.

SPACEPISTOL 10-12-2012 04:16 AM

This sounds cool :)

Lénekton Bot 10-12-2012 04:54 AM

bump

OBITWIZZLE 10-12-2012 05:00 AM

screenshots?