League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Evelynn builds (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2669360)

Inkyjinx 10-11-2012 08:20 PM

Evelynn builds

been loooooooovin' some AP Eve on Dominion.

i've been starting with boots 1 and a Luck Pick, then going Mobility -> DFG -> Void Staff. game is generally over by then, but next is a Deathcap.

has anyone played around or want to theorycraft opening with a heath crystal and Amp Tome into a Guise before getting the DFG? what about a Lich Bane instead of the Void Staff?

i think the Lich Bane is too expensive as you're going to finish it well after a Void Staff, and the Sheen doesn't really help AP Eve. the Guise, and extra health/mpen is more interesting, however - as it's cheap.

thoughts?

Laulterius 10-11-2012 11:59 PM

Been playing AP eve recently, been a fan of boots + pro ring + 2 health pots, into mobility, then DFG followed by void staff. Been working good, the pro ring gives you some needed early stats, and with the DFG after boots you usually have it by level 7-8, so not long after rank 1 ult.

Kiddalee 10-12-2012 03:34 AM

I've been getting DFG, triple penetration (Sorcerer's Shoes, Haunting Guise, Abyssal Scepter) because nobody seems to buy MR. I might get Void Staff if anybody bought MR, but they never seem to... they buy lots of health. *evil grin* I choose triple penetration over high AP/Void Staff because those four items are easy to build compared to a Needlessly Large Rod item. Plus, with the effective health, I can live long enough to flee a bad situation with Dark Frenzy.

I don't build much mana/regen because I have tons in runes. Sheen is not essential for my DFG Eve. By the time I buy my four items, the game tends to be over, so I don't have room for it. My playstyle doesn't lend it self to getting lots of Sheen procs anyways. I don't bother with Mobility Boots because I can spam Dark Frenzy all day and I use Speed Shrines a lot, plus if the game goes long I will consider Lich Bane.

To save you time, I can list item costs:

Deathfire Grasp: 2600 (not counting Kage's Lucky Pick income)
Mobility Boots: 1000
Void Staff: 2295
Total: 5895
Deathcap: 3600
Total with Deathcap: 9495

Sorcerer's Shoes: 1100
Haunting Guise: 1485
Total with DFG: 5185
Abyssal Scepter: 2650
Total with Abyssal Scepter: 7835

I haven't calculated damage potential for each build, but I really hate waiting around for a Needlessly Large Rod. I can help more if I keep scaling up all game. I might get a Deathcap, Zhonya's Hourglass, or Lich Bane if the game goes long.

Inkyjinx 10-12-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddalee (Hozzászólás 30141867)
I don't build much mana/regen because I have tons in runes. Sheen is not essential for my DFG Eve. By the time I buy my four items, the game tends to be over, so I don't have room for it. My playstyle doesn't lend it self to getting lots of Sheen procs anyways. I don't bother with Mobility Boots because I can spam Dark Frenzy all day and I use Speed Shrines a lot, plus if the game goes long I will consider Lich Bane.

no sheen, no mana regen either, but i'm not sure about boots, in general - i haven't checked, but mobility would lose it's +3 move boos when you're spamming q while running, right?

CDR boots are interesting... might have to play with those more.

why an Abyssal over Void? isn't 40pen better than -20 MR?

Shukarhazh 10-12-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkyjinx (Hozzászólás 30149586)

Void is 40 PERCENT pen, which is actually *worse* than -20 MR against foes with less than 50 MR to begin with - and since you're running 40 mpen already from sorc boots and haunting guise, and that's applied first, void staff actually breaks even at 90 MR. Considering that you need more than just a single source of MR (excepting Force of Nature) to get over that amount with most champions, Abyssal Sceptre's debuff tends to be more effective.

(And the break-even for MR is probably higher thanks to the Crystal Scar buff.)

ricedream5 10-12-2012 12:13 PM

I either build:
ionian dfg void deathcap
or
sorcs guise dfg abyssal

I feel like the second one is better because it's much cheaper and better vs the squishies that you are trying to burst down. Furthermore, it's also much better defensively and the cost allows you to pick up some armor or sweeper as well. sweeper is actually incredibly good especially with the omnipresent rengar/kha nowadays. Also works well vs wukong/vayne and is the only "counter" really to teemo shrooms.

Kiddalee 10-12-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Void Staff isn't 40 pen. It's 40% pen. Void Staff penetrates more if the enemy builds enough MR but if they don't it's just sitting there. My build is not just -20 MR. It's -20 MR and 48 pen. I have Sorcerer's Shoes, Haunting Guise, and Marks too. So functionally I have 68.5 pen. In order for Void Staff + the mpen mastery to give 68.5 pen, the enemy has to have 148 MR. That isn't hard, but it takes time, and often other needs like damage and armor come first. (Since % mpen stacks multiplicatively, it improves less the more sources you get on top of one another. Void Staff + the 10% mastery only gives 46% pen, not 50%.)

I don't always finish Abyssal Scepter so I run around with 48.5 mpen more often. It takes 106 enemy MR for Void Staff + the mastery to give more than 48.5 mpen. Haunting Guise is quick and dirty. I may not be penetrating 1:1 but I am above 46% for a long time. Void Staff might eventually become worth the money, but I'd rather not wait.

Edit: I forgot to calculate the Crystal Scar Aura in % penetration. Err... can I do it tomorrow? Thankfully, the 5% I missed won't make much difference since it stacks multiplicatively and will come out to less than 5%.

Quote:

i'm not sure about boots, in general - i haven't checked, but mobility would lose it's +3 move boos when you're spamming q while running, right?

CDR boots are interesting... might have to play with those more.

Mobility Boots are only Enhanced Movespeed 2 in battle, not 3. They're faster for traveling, but for chasing Sorcerer's Shoes are the same speed. When I chase I have already pressed W to keep up. If my ult was up, they are slowed. Maybe I stepped on the Speed Shrine before revealing myself.

Movespeed sources become less powerful the more you stack it on top of itself, so I don't bother. I have Quints, Masteries, Speed Shrines, and W. I have enough movespeed, and I would rather have more penetration.

CDR boots are a great idea. I love CDR so I have a lot in Runes and Masteries and DFG is enough.

Inkyjinx 10-12-2012 12:54 PM

thanks for the awesome reply - posting as i posted.

curious about the movespeed. i find zipping out of base at near 700 to return to a tower is a good thing...

gonna play around with builds tonight.