League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Would this work on a support role? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2668861)

Wathehellsupdog 10-11-2012 05:33 PM

Would this work on a support role?

I came up with this build for a support role type character. However it is very unlikely that a support character will be able to utilize these items considering the cost and what a support character is supposed to do. With that in mind though, I figured it might actually work in a match though simply because I've never seen it done before.

The items are (in no particular order):

Mercury's Treads
Rod of Ages
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Manamune

The best way I can explain this build is a tanky ass support that can fight back. The support gets good health, mana, and regen from Warmog's and Manamune plus more health, mana, ap from RoA. Then the support gets a lot of phy. damage from Atma's and Manamune's passives. Next, just a bit of armor and mag. resist from Atma's and Mercs plus the tenacity.

Constructive thoughts and analysis of this build would be appreciated.

EDIT: Many of the items used to build the items listed does not build into items you would use for a support but this is a bit of a crazy support build.

Thornmaelstrom 10-11-2012 06:17 PM

Not that it's viable, but if you get the gold to do any of that; try to stick to either Tanky-AP or Tanky-AD instead of both. Also, no matter what crazy support build you do, your probably still going to want a Shurelya's. It's just THAT good.
One other note: Manamune is a rather cost-efficient item for what it gives; It's actually really good for supports that want AD+Mana, the problem is that even though its fairly cheap, it's still luxury. Supports usually can't justify it when they need over 9000 kindlegems ASAP. That and Chalice is actually borderline OP.
For AD, grab the manamune & zeke's. For AP, grab Kages, Chalice; eventually build RoA/Athene's/DFG.

Wathehellsupdog 10-11-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nestrinast (Hozzászólás 30132229)
Not that it's viable, but if you get the gold to do any of that; try to stick to either Tanky-AP or Tanky-AD instead of both. Also, no matter what crazy support build you do, your probably still going to want a Shurelya's. It's just THAT good.
One other note: Manamune is a rather cost-efficient item for what it gives; It's actually really good for supports that want AD+Mana, the problem is that even though its fairly cheap, it's still luxury. Supports usually can't justify it when they need over 9000 kindlegems ASAP. That and Chalice is actually borderline OP.
For AD, grab the manamune & zeke's. For AP, grab Kages, Chalice; eventually build RoA/Athene's/DFG.

I did consider Shurelya's but figured because you would be getting a lot of hp and mana from both Warmog's and Manamune you wouldn't need that much regen and both these items give a decent regen rate (when Warmog's is fully stacked) not to mention RoA's added hp and mana. As for the other items I don't think it would work too well with what I was thinking with the build.

Tejesh 10-11-2012 08:24 PM

Shurelyia's is for the active.

SFG mAEtb0y 10-12-2012 03:37 PM

Well despite it being too expensive, I don't know if it would actually be any good. Rod of Ages is generally less useful than WoTA on supports because it only gives them stats, and many supports don't actually have very good ap scaling. Warmog's is kind of questionable too, because most support items already give health, and generally a support doesn't need to be a front line tank. If you're not building Warmog's, you obviously don't need Atma's, and I really don't understand why Manamune is even in this build. If you had Rod of Ages, you wouldn't need the mana, and if you had Warmog's/Atma's you wouldn't need the ad, especially considering you're a support and you don't need to do damage.
If you wanted to use something like this build, probably picking a bruiser like Irelia or Jax and building Trinity Force>Warmog's Armor>Atma's Impaler would be a lot more viable and a lot more gold-efficient.

Wathehellsupdog 10-13-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardRAWKR (Hozzászólás 30156518)
Well despite it being too expensive, I don't know if it would actually be any good. Rod of Ages is generally less useful than WoTA on supports because it only gives them stats, and many supports don't actually have very good ap scaling. Warmog's is kind of questionable too, because most support items already give health, and generally a support doesn't need to be a front line tank. If you're not building Warmog's, you obviously don't need Atma's, and I really don't understand why Manamune is even in this build. If you had Rod of Ages, you wouldn't need the mana, and if you had Warmog's/Atma's you wouldn't need the ad, especially considering you're a support and you don't need to do damage.
If you wanted to use something like this build, probably picking a bruiser like Irelia or Jax and building Trinity Force>Warmog's Armor>Atma's Impaler would be a lot more viable and a lot more gold-efficient.

What I wanted was to get as much health and mana possible to a support character so that they can do a lot off phy. damage with Manamune and Atmog's. Yes, it would work better with other roles, but just imagine a support that can tank and do damage while supporting their team.

TeemosHat 10-13-2012 05:16 PM

how do you expect to get all that gold?

Eggroll9000 10-15-2012 11:16 AM

This is a horrible support build. This is a bs support build that just wants to ks his ad and provides no utility. This kind of build is geared for supports that think they can dive in and do "tons of damage" but you don't so you just die, then the enemy dives your ad and your ad dies then you lose.

The key to support is utility utility utiliy. I would try to get 40% cood down reduction, auras of effect that slows enemies like frozen heart, and spam slows, stuns, displaces, like crazy. Get exhaust. Anyone that dives your ad, you should have so many repeated stuns, slows, displaces, silences, that your ad can just stand there and waste that poor assassin for even thinking they can get to your ad. Imagine a blitzcrank for example with 40% cdr. Assassin dives your ad, you powerfist, silence, grab, powerfist, exhaust, all while your ad is shooting his @$$... that mofo is dead.... and you run and powerfist the next fool, rinse repeat, win. You do no dmg but you ad is putting the smackdown on them while you pop and stun them. Pop em, stun em, stop em. Forget damage. Support is all utility.

Frozen Heart (CDR + Armor + Mana)
Shurelya's (CDR + HP/Mana + speed boost)
Speed boots to get to more idiots to pop.
Build over. Now just spam wards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wathehellsupdog (Hozzászólás 30131074)
I came up with this build for a support role type character. However it is very unlikely that a support character will be able to utilize these items considering the cost and what a support character is supposed to do. With that in mind though, I figured it might actually work in a match though simply because I've never seen it done before.

The items are (in no particular order):

Mercury's Treads
Rod of Ages
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Manamune

The best way I can explain this build is a tanky ass support that can fight back. The support gets good health, mana, and regen from Warmog's and Manamune plus more health, mana, ap from RoA. Then the support gets a lot of phy. damage from Atma's and Manamune's passives. Next, just a bit of armor and mag. resist from Atma's and Mercs plus the tenacity.

Constructive thoughts and analysis of this build would be appreciated.

EDIT: Many of the items used to build the items listed does not build into items you would use for a support but this is a bit of a crazy support build.

Wathehellsupdog 10-15-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeemosHat (Hozzászólás 30188094)
how do you expect to get all that gold?

Not really sure, that's why I said it was an unlikely build for a support.

Wathehellsupdog 10-15-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggroll9000 (Hozzászólás 30251954)
This is a horrible support build. This is a bs support build that just wants to ks his ad and provides no utility. This kind of build is geared for supports that think they can dive in and do "tons of damage" but you don't so you just die, then the enemy dives your ad and your ad dies then you lose.

The key to support is utility utility utiliy. I would try to get 40% cood down reduction, auras of effect that slows enemies like frozen heart, and spam slows, stuns, displaces, like crazy. Get exhaust. Anyone that dives your ad, you should have so many repeated stuns, slows, displaces, silences, that your ad can just stand there and waste that poor assassin for even thinking they can get to your ad. Imagine a blitzcrank for example with 40% cdr. Assassin dives your ad, you powerfist, silence, grab, powerfist, exhaust, all while your ad is shooting his @$$... that mofo is dead.... and you run and powerfist the next fool, rinse repeat, win. You do no dmg but you ad is putting the smackdown on them while you pop and stun them. Pop em, stun em, stop em. Forget damage. Support is all utility.

Frozen Heart (CDR + Armor + Mana)
Shurelya's (CDR + HP/Mana + speed boost)
Speed boots to get to more idiots to pop.
Build over. Now just spam wards.

Yes I know that supports are for utility. But maybe a support can do both jobs. The reason why I thought of this is because of Lux. Even though I play her as a support and not ap, she still does a lot of damage. So I thought of a build that could possibly give supports survivability with some amount of damage.