League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Question about pushing lanes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2667597)

Malkontent69 10-11-2012 08:59 AM

Question about pushing lanes

Ok, so I'm level 23 and I've been playing long enough now to understand that you don't want to push your lane early. Against human opponents it opens you up to ganks and puts you in a dangerous position.

But here's the thing: In the end, the game is decided by pushing lanes enough to get to their base and destroy it. At some point you need to start pushing the lane, and hard. So my question is, how do you tell when you should be pushing and when you shouldn't be? At what point do you stop last hitting and go for the forward drive? Do you just suddenly stop farming and start pushing, or is it a more gradual increase in pressure on the towers? Does it depend on certain factors?

Basically, I've been having trouble transitioning from early to late game, and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

OriginalJack 10-11-2012 09:33 AM

Well here's the thing, there are times when it's ok to push your lane.

-If you know where the enemy jungler and mid are and you won't get ganked then it's no problem to push your lane.
-If the enemy laner isn't in lane (like they have just died or been forced to recall) then it's ok to push your lane (assuming the enemy jungler isn't super fed and can kill you easily).
-If you are planning to go back yourself soon it is ok to push the lane so that the enemy creeps don't push all the way to your tower.

there are more situations where pushing is a good idea but I think you get the idea. Basically it's anytime you aren't worried about getting ganked.

Best Furry NA 10-11-2012 09:35 AM

Judgment; you can never be truly sure.

If you have a jungler and he ganks for you, push.

If you don't, or just took out both of them, push.

If you killed one person in your lane, and the other is there (I'm assuming bot), DO NOT PUSH HARD. Be ready to get out the instant a jungler pops up, or someone from another lane that wasn't called MIA (it happens).

Always be wary of a gank when you push, and have a plan of action ready for escape. Unless the tower is low, escaping>getting a few minute extra hits.

In mid? Depends on the champion; push a little if they're gone, hit the tower a couple of times, but primarily let the minions push.

In top? If duo, same as bot. If solo, push if your jungler is there. Otherwise, be VERY wary of their jungler, who, if good, will come to hold the lane or gank you then. If you're solo top versus 2, after your jungler helps you kill both, push hard, but be ready to back off in an instant. Especially if one sneaks up the river.

Sight Wards help you greatly, but... You need gold for items, yes? They cost so much? Sight Wards should be bought if you have extra gold left over pretty much. You're 200g away from your item? You'll make it back; buy a ward or two. Just bot one and have some left over? Buy a couple of wards. Spent all your gold? Don't worry, get your items, just be wary.

LeBlonk 10-11-2012 09:45 AM

Depending on the champs I play (mid lane) I always push hard to their tower, most players arent comfortable last hitting under their tower so they push back just as hard and its all good. Of course I buy wards for extended pushes, I usually leave lane if they freeze the lane and gank a side lane.

Sky Mence 10-11-2012 11:29 AM

Know when its OK.

If the enemy jungler is visible/dead and nobody is MIA, go for it.
If the enemy laner is b and you are confident that you can 1v1 the enemy jungler, push and make them lose CS
If they are bad early farmers (Kass, Karth, Anivia, etc), push to the turret so they have low CS but be ready to back off any moment.

Fiveofswords 10-11-2012 11:39 AM

when everyone is higher level its very easy and fast to destroy towers at full health without even using minions to tank them...it may seem counterintuitive, but if you think about it, destroying towers early is not really a long-term strategy....the global gold it gives is more important than losing the tower.
the main goal you have in laning phase is income...just get the income you need to buy the stuff you need....early on, 'almost' killing a tower gives no income and takes a lot of time that you couldve used to do other stuff
there will often be opportunity to guaruntee killing a tower, like if there was a good gank or something...and what health it was before is not much of a difference.

Fellentier 10-11-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkontent69 (Hozzászólás 30117847)
Ok, so I'm level 23 and I've been playing long enough now to understand that you don't want to push your lane early. Against human opponents it opens you up to ganks and puts you in a dangerous position.

But here's the thing: In the end, the game is decided by pushing lanes enough to get to their base and destroy it. At some point you need to start pushing the lane, and hard. So my question is, how do you tell when you should be pushing and when you shouldn't be? At what point do you stop last hitting and go for the forward drive? Do you just suddenly stop farming and start pushing, or is it a more gradual increase in pressure on the towers? Does it depend on certain factors?

Basically, I've been having trouble transitioning from early to late game, and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It is all about map awarness. (assume you're top) top missing, and you can't get there fast enough to help? (they're using tp, ulti, etc, and you can't stop them) Push their turret, try to burn it and punish him for leaving.

Top leaves to assault mid? Make sure it's warded up, go around the back and snipe him while he leaves, punish him for his choice. Enemy constantly gankning your lane? Hold back at turret and stop him for getting kills. This game also seems systematic and repeitive is quite dynamic and inventive, if something is being done by anyone you can normally do something to counter them.

Focus not on "objectives" even though they are important, focus on punishing the choices your enemies make. Don't go for "take turret by X" or, "leave lane un-pushed for X minutes"

Each game is dynamic and will be vastly different then the previous game.