League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Captures and capture assists are way at the bottom of the list of things that matter (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2667347)

FDru 10-11-2012 06:56 AM

Captures and capture assists are way at the bottom of the list of things that matter

Why are they so prominent as a statistic? They give the most personal score, they're one of the only 2 stats shown on the scoreboard and they're always shown by default in spectated matches (so we have to toggle to see K/D/A).

It's ridiculous that a stat so completely meaningless is made out to be so important. There's no reason to display this statistic anywhere at all, it's that meaningless. In fact, I'd argue that Dominion gameplay would improve without it, since chasing caps and multicapping is often detrimental to the team. Caps can give the illusion of doing well when you're actually doing badly (such as failing bot and recapping repeatedly).

Capping turrets is something that should be done strategically and sparingly. Caps are not there to be hoarded. Even if they give gold, having one person chasing caps while multiple enemies recap actually feeds the enemy team gold.

DEAR RIOT: Remove captures from the score screen and from spectated matches (you can keep them for personal score because that entire system is pointless anyway) and remove the gold reward from captures. Increase ambient gold gain to compensate. Dominion is now better. You're welcome.

SuperQuackDuck 10-11-2012 07:16 AM

I agree. I really hate it when i know we have the point capped at top after a teamfight and 3 guys with 10% hp stay and assist in capping instead of B'ing and ganking bot or getting stormshield or not getting ezrealed. Ffs i cant count how many towers ive lost because people refuse to stop capping and just back off.

Phourc 10-11-2012 07:40 AM

You know why, the scoreboard is for people just joining dominion - they need it repeatedly shoved into their face that captures are good, and capturing at turret (well, at least having a turret come under your team's control) is more important than kills.

FDru 10-11-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phourc (Hozzászólás 30116149)
You know why, the scoreboard is for people just joining dominion - they need it repeatedly shoved into their face that captures are good, and capturing at turret (well, at least having a turret come under your team's control) is more important than kills.

I'd rather new players be learning map awareness and the intricacies of jungle control with the absence of wards than "how to cap moar". The only time caps ever matter are when the enemy controls more turrets than your team, and even then it doesn't matter who caps so there's no reason to show it.

A system that would make much more sense is putting a minimap marker on the enemy/neutral turrets when you're at a disadvantage. That would be useful for new players, and seeing that bottom lane is also an objective can only be good for everybody.

Tempestphile 10-11-2012 09:00 AM

I wouldn't mind if RIOT removes scores all together

SylianEUW 10-11-2012 10:23 AM

I agree, who actually gets the cap in the end is usually less important than what was done to get it in the first place. Sure, sometimes good play might result in a backcap, but most of the caps are not all that important who did it.

Nyx87 10-11-2012 11:08 AM

I have a buddy who zones enemies from points while allies caps. This usually nets him low Capture Assist numbers and even lower Captures. Would i have him play any different? Hell. ****ing. NO.

Sauron 10-11-2012 11:13 AM

It's all a conspiracy to keep POOTERSS in check!

Veni13 10-11-2012 02:32 PM

Orphane 10-11-2012 02:57 PM

The hate is not on capping points. The hate is people who pointlessly stick around to help cap a node which is secure when they could be off doing something that's goddamn more important. Or on people who clump together then one guy doesn't split off to try and zone the other team from stopping the cap.

Then when they're called out on their poor decisionmaking "Well I got the most caps"