League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Automatic Loss Forgiven on 4v5 Games (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2667300)

Michael J Focxzc 10-11-2012 07:21 AM

Automatic Loss Forgiven on 4v5 Games

Before I begin, I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm seeing a lot of posts about queue's and such here, so I'm gonna let it fly.

I've had too many games, especially ranked, where one player fails to connect, or rage quits within the first few minutes of a game, which then 90% of the time equals a confirmed loss. Yes, yes I know people can win 4v5s in special, moron induced situations. But the vast majority of the time it's an unfair disadvantage, a literal 4 versus 5 fight, and will result in a loss. So why are we still being punished for being put in this situation? I am losing personal rating, which makes ME look like a bad player, because timmy's internet cut out during loading.

I understand fully that the offending players are punished, but we are all stricken with a lost game and, in the case of ranked, a loss of elo and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

BEFORE POSTING ABOUT HOW THIS CAN BE 'ABUSED', REMEMBER THAT A PLAYER MUST BE AFK OR DISCONNECTED FOR 5 MINUTES BEFORE THEY ARE REGISTERED AS A 'LEAVER'. ADD 5 MINUTES TO ALL THE BELOW TIMES.

I propose that a loss is forgiven (no loss appears / no rating loss but still a win / rating gain for the other team) in the following situations :
- A player fails to connect to the game and doesn't rejoin within the next 15 minutes.
- A player afks/leaves the game before 10 minutes and fails to rejoin within the next 15 minutes.
- A player afks/leaves the game before 20 minutes and fails to rejoin within the next 30 minutes.

I have personally just lost another 13 elo because our mid failed to connect, I am ever so slowly crawling my way out of elo hell, but it is hindered by trolls, feeders (which cant be helped) and leavers (which can helped be as it is clearly detectable by the system)

EDIT - Just to clarify, the LEAVER will take a normal elo loss as well as gain a leaver buster mark against their account. The system will protect the rest of the players on the team who have done nothing to deserve a loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YippotheClown (Hozzászólás 31717872)

- For those who think it will be abused - it's already difficult to abuse, since you'd have to turtle for 15 minutes 4v5. And remember - Riot has access to a LOT of stats you don't know about. It would be easy for their systems to flag up losses prevented via this system - if you abuse this frequently, they will detect it and ban you.

Ivaan Bourne 10-11-2012 08:24 AM

So true! Good idea!

Vinceicarus 10-11-2012 03:16 PM

I love this idea. Lived this my self just so many times.

We just need to be sure, tho, that ppl wont start d/cing just to save a loss (example : a group of 5 friends, one d/c in order to save the lost for 4 others).

Chaosmech 10-11-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinceicarus (Hozzászólás 30125587)

We just need to be sure, tho, that ppl wont start d/cing just to save a loss (example : a group of 5 friends, one d/c in order to save the lost for 4 others).

In order to prevent this, as well as punish those who leave on purpose, I feel that all elo that WOULD have been lost as a result of the loss is totaled up, and given entirely to the DC-ing player.

This would prevent one friend from taking the hit for 4 others (unless his ELO was already miserable and it wouldn't make a difference) and would instead motivate them to try and salvage the game. It would also punish leavers more heavily so they leave their current bracket more quickly. If you lost 65 elo by disconnecting, would you disconnect next time? Not if you cared about elo, you wouldn't.

Michael J Focxzc 10-11-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinceicarus (Hozzászólás 30125587)

hence why i've put in the time frames, if you realised you were losing and just alt+f4'd to try and prevent the loss before 10 minutes, you wont get the loss forgiven for 15 minutes, and if it's after 20 minutes (like it will be most of the time) you will have to wait half an hour before loss forgiven, during which time most teams would have already won.

this system is *mainly* to loss forgive on 4v5s which occur either right at the start or within the first 10 game defining minutes.

Michael J Focxzc 10-11-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaosmech (Hozzászólás 30129966)
In order to prevent this, as well as punish those who leave on purpose, I feel that all elo that WOULD have been lost as a result of the loss is totaled up, and given entirely to the DC-ing player.

This would prevent one friend from taking the hit for 4 others (unless his ELO was already miserable and it wouldn't make a difference) and would instead motivate them to try and salvage the game. It would also punish leavers more heavily so they leave their current bracket more quickly. If you lost 65 elo by disconnecting, would you disconnect next time? Not if you cared about elo, you wouldn't.

while this is an interesting idea, it would be incredibly unfair to those who disconnect through no fault of their own, aka power cuts or computer problems. I am trying to focus on NO punishment in these situations as opposed to redirected punishment.

Michael J Focxzc 10-14-2012 02:43 PM

Just lost yet another game because our support fed 0/3 before level 6 then just leaves the game and doesn't come back, we surrendered at 25 mins. GG i lose 13 elo because someone else feeds and rage quits.

Esteno 10-15-2012 09:16 AM

A few days ago I was supporting or being adc in bot lane, we had our usual ap mid, a rengar (i think it was a rengar) jungler and solo top tank garen. garen died once, started raging at us and threatening to leave because he gave first blood (it was 1vs1 top and he wasn't ganked). He died one more time and afked the whole game after a politely 'bye'. Rengar had to throw away his jungling because bot couldn't handle solo top and had to go solo top, wasting his smite spell and being forced to change his in game role for what ultimately was a lost game. Now the point is not only that 1 guy left after diyng twice in 3 min, but we had to change our playstyle and forget about mid being in advantage thanks to our jungler's ganks. Of course after mid was lost we couldn't handle a decent teamfight and our elo stepped back 12 points. This is a routine of 5,6 times a week EASILY.

PS sorry for my bad English, it isn't (main?) language.

Michael J Focxzc 11-06-2012 09:25 PM

This is still an issue for me, i have also noticed how many leavers there are in lower level games. My girlfriend and i lost so many games due to people simply never connecting, or constantly disconnecting/reconnecting without ever leaving the base. It's a truly frustrating situation to be in. 30 mins completely wasted.

JoeLFtW 11-06-2012 10:34 PM

This has to be dealt with its total bs that players get punished for another persons problems.....