League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   8 Out of 10 Dominion Games Had Someone AFK (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2666960)

Khaos Wildfire 10-11-2012 01:31 AM

8 Out of 10 Dominion Games Had Someone AFK

What's going on with Dominion? 5 AFKers on my teams and 3 on the others (never at the same time).

I'm guessing it's a macro or something that just queues up and hits accept, after that, it's gg. Is this common for anyone else?

Veni13 10-11-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaos Wildfire (Hozzászólás 30111399)
What's going on with Dominion? 5 AFKers on my teams and 3 on the others (never at the same time).

I'm guessing it's a macro or something that just queues up and hits accept, after that, it's gg. Is this common for anyone else?

2 words: Elo Hell.

It's real.

Khaos Wildfire 10-11-2012 02:19 AM

well, I'll agree that there is an ELO hell, but considering this is not ranked, I don't know how much ELO actually matters.

Also, you didn't actually answer my question. I used to see 1 out of 10 games or so an AFK or leaver, now it's +50%? Are you seeing an increase also?

Veni13 10-11-2012 02:40 AM

No, I am not. Neither has anyone I know complained about it. As I said, elo hell. And yes, elo matters a lot. To be honest, the only difference between what we have in dominion and the ranked modes in other maps is elo visibility. it doesn't mean it does not exist or play a role in dominion, because it undoubtedly does. I hope this answers your question in full.

Kiddalee 10-11-2012 05:10 AM

I've seen a couple. It's been Lux both times. I'm confused as to how they got through the Active checker. (Veni13 is mad brah)

Hamm3rhand 10-11-2012 06:13 AM

i've seen it a lot more often myself than normal the past week. it happened to me once too - i got an error where it said it couldn't connect to the server right after it tried to start to the game, so i had to restart and i ended up getting in about 30 seconds after the game started because for whatever reason it took longer than usual to load as well. I don't know if that was a problem on riot's end or mine. Though all the tryndamere's i've seen recently have dc'd and not come back haha

Infirc 10-11-2012 09:48 AM

3 words, Summonner' s Rift trolls,

Just report those guys, they will afk at Dominion because at their minds "it's jst dominion, joke mode and i no have time no brain for luz with nubs wail i plai pro trynda, they nu ban me for joke mode", then reports get o them for afking and next time you see them; they are crying in gd for an "unjustified" ban, that's starting Dominion Elo man, just man up, grab Jax and run him at bot lane for free Elo until you have a +10 to +15 win ratio, if you dont have Jax or are denied Jax for whatever reason then Urgot should suffice, enjoy higher quality games after you are done with that n_n

Hope i helped :D.

Westlin 10-11-2012 10:32 AM

Could be client issues. I remember there was a day in which 7-9 games I played had someone drop although typically they would reconnect but not until a large chunk of the game had passed.

Panzerzs 10-12-2012 06:54 PM

Its not ELO hell, it's just people I believe that are trying to ruin the game. The new -accept and champion select- is in place, so you can't afk and get in anymore. It's a very low chance that they would get in, pick a champ, and then afk for special reasons other than trolling.
What I did to get out of the afk problem was:
Get a premade team when I was new to Dominion
Now were all 2.3k ELO + (from lolmatches) and were the top team in DominateDominion (not that you care)! so, get a premade team of special friends b/c it lowers the chances of having an afker

Veni13 10-12-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

It is a term describing that once you hit low ELO in solo ranked games (Might apply slightly to normal games as well, but you can't see your ELO there), it's very hard and frustrating to get out of because of continuous feeders, AFKers and leavers.
...though I'm guessing you might just have gotten an unlucky several games. As some others mentioned here, you should get rid of this problem with a higher w/l ratio. Good luck. :)