League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AP Mid (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2666021)

Mungril 10-10-2012 10:26 PM

AP Mid

Hey !

Looking for a new AP mid at any price. asking you guys to give me your opinions on a couple of genuine AP mids that you can suggest for me to buy. I currently own Cass, Kass, Gragas, Ahri, Morg, Anivia, Evelynn, Katarina, Ryze, Teemo and Twisted Fate.

Thanks.

Nakage 10-11-2012 12:22 AM

Talon is the best AP mid.

Oh wait..

Ziggs, but not without the pool party skin. The pool party skin offers a 4% shadow damage increase to all abilities after 500.

ricklessabandon 10-11-2012 12:35 AM

looking at your list i'd recommend trying out orianna, karthus, and/or leblanc.

i'm personally a huge fan of viktor and annie, but they play a bit differently than the ones you've mentioned. definitely worth looking into if you're up for a change of pace though! :)

Warrikon 10-11-2012 12:52 AM

Malzahar!

Ginga 10-11-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mungril (Hozzászólás 30104424)
Hey !

Looking for a new AP mid at any price. asking you guys to give me your opinions on a couple of genuine AP mids that you can suggest for me to buy. I currently own Cass, Kass, Gragas, Ahri, Morg, Anivia, Evelynn, Katarina, Ryze, Teemo and Twisted Fate.

Thanks.

They're kinda all over the place.

You seem to have most types of AP mids covered, combo mages like Ahri, tanky sustained-DPS like Anivia, Ryze, and Cass, assassins like Kat and TF, and OP like Evelyn(:p).

The only ones you've never tried are support-like AP mids. Try Orianna out and see how much you like her. She has lots of support-like qualities, she's not much in terms of burst, but her sustained-DPS is amazing. If your team is tanky enough and is able to keep you alive long enough, there is no champion that can really match you in terms of DPS late game.

PS - Teemo mid isn't recommended. I can see it as a situational counter-pick, but in general he's better off top even if you build him AP.

Killrazor 10-11-2012 01:20 AM

Syndra is a lot of fun to play, a few bugs with her skills, but those are supposed to be fixed next patch

Magus Crow 10-11-2012 02:06 AM

I'd say look at Orianna or Zyra.

Haelstrom 10-11-2012 02:21 AM

Give AP Sion a try.

He sounds cut & dry, but: get Boots/2 Dorans > Boots of Mobility > Deathfire. Watch the fun.

His burst is pretty huge, and that point & click stun coupled with his ability to insta-clear mid then run ganks makes him a nightmare against unorganized teams. As an added bonus, Lich Bane proc is physical damage, which counts for his ult's lifesteal. That + his shield gives him some impressive survivability in situations he really should die otherwise. Finally, thanks to his E, ult, and building AP, he eats towers.

Downsides: he's melee (although a strong melee mage), and he's very susceptible to CC (positioning is huge and why Mobility is #1 until later in the game when you're grouping more and can sell it for Mercs or Tabi).

Upsides: Easy mode on getting CS, great ganker/pressure maker, offers your team a lot of utility if nothing else from his Q and ult, punishes typical aggressive junglers hard if they're not really on the ball when ganking, can be a Lumberjack.

innervation 10-11-2012 02:37 AM

I'll put a word in for Brand. He doesn't specifically counter anything currently popular in the meta, but he is all sorts of fun to play. Skillshot reliant if you want to get the most out of him. Patience reliant if you want to get the most out of him (ult timing).

Vanagloria 10-11-2012 03:25 AM

Zyra and Diana are fresh off the lot and a lot of fun to play. It kind of depends on what your play style is though. Do you like the passive farm games or to try to assassinate and make plays across the map?

Also, Cho is ridiculously strong right now in any lane as AP and has a lot of choices in items/builds, definitely suggest giving him a tryout.