League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Viktor's Augments should give effects to all of his abilities (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2663293)

CynicalGiant 10-10-2012 03:03 PM

Viktor's Augments should give effects to all of his abilities

Summoning Riot Solcrushed! (The main man working on his rework)

Not just 1 per Augment.

Give QWE a different effect for the Blue, Yellow and Red Augments. It would allow him to fit that 3 different play styles mechanic much easier.

Close Ranged Tanky Mage (Augment Power)
Mid Ranged Burst Mage (Augment Death/Red)
Longe Ranged Support Mage (Augment Gravity)

Yellow (Power) can give E a slow for example along with the bonus to Q it already gives and some new bonus to W.
Red (Death) gives more power on QWE. DoT already on the E, possibly some percent damage on Q.
Blue (Gravity) increases the range of QWE, not just W. Possibly even increasing his base attack range, although 525 is already pretty large.

The stat bonuses on the Yellow and Blue Augments should be larger as well.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Redpost by ricklessabandon, let's get us some more!

EDIT 2: Added a very nice idea based on this post by SoBeNirvana:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana (Hozzászólás 30088130)
Augment: Power (Close-Range/Defensive):
* Power Transfer increases Viktor's movement speed by x% for 3 seconds.
* Gravity Field is x% larger and grants Viktor bonus magic resist and armor while he remains inside of it.
* Death Ray restores a small portion of Viktor's health for every enemy hit, with Champions restoring more than monsters/minions and diminishing returns on subsequent targets.

Augment: Gravity (Long-Range/Support):
* Power Transfer's range is increased by x% and can be cast on allied Champions, granting both Viktor and allied target the shield.
* Gravity Field has an additional x% cast range.
* Death Ray's range is increased by x% and it now slows enemy Champions by x% for 4 seconds.

Augment: Death (Mid-Range/Damage):
* Power Transfer adds a mark to target enemy which can be activated by Viktor's auto-attacks or spells to deal additional magic damage based on the target's health.
* Gravity Field depletes enemy Magic Resist.
* Death Ray sets fire to enemies, dealing 30% additional magic damage over 4 seconds.

Zerocaliber 10-10-2012 03:03 PM

Frankly, I think he just needs to be able to upgrade his augment once more at a later level. Then the item would justify taking up a slot. Plus, if I know I can still have death at a later level, then I might be inclined to get an early Q or W augment.

Obama 10-10-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerocaliber (Hozzászólás 30086273)
Frankly, I think he just needs to be able to upgrade his augment once more at a later level. Then the item would justify taking up a slot.

or reduce the cost to upgrade by 500g and/or add scaling on the augment.

CynicalGiant 10-10-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerocaliber (Hozzászólás 30086273)
Frankly, I think he just needs to be able to upgrade his augment once more at a later level. Then the item would justify taking up a slot. Plus, if I know I can still have death at a later level, then I might be inclined to get an early Q or W augment.

The item slot issue is only really an issue with his Yellow and Blue Augments. His Red Augment is already pretty good. This proposed change would make all of his augments more game changing and useful.

Osaaka 10-10-2012 03:09 PM

I think that Viktor just needs a general look at overall, I mean I love to play him and I find him a great champion but the augment system absolutly wrecks him. He lacks extra damage/mana/health due to having to have this augment, I think they should give it it's own special slot and/or make it buyable ans sellable from the shop. I understand that its technically his weapon which would be hard to make it sellable but it does needs some taking a look at. :D

CynicalGiant 10-10-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osaaka (Hozzászólás 30086468)
I think that Viktor just needs a general look at overall, I mean I love to play him and I find him a great champion but the augment system absolutly wrecks him. He lacks extra damage/mana/health due to having to have this augment, I think they should give it it's own special slot and/or make it buyable ans sellable from the shop. I understand that its technically his weapon which would be hard to make it sellable but it does needs some taking a look at. :D

If the item itself gave him multiple bonuses to his moves and not just 1 move and some arbitrary stats it would perhaps be more useful. Would be even more useful if the item had an active.

ricklessabandon 10-10-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioAaron (Hozzászólás 30086254)
Give QWE a different effect for the Blue, Yellow and Red Augments. It would allow him to fit that 3 different play styles mechanic much easier.

i play viktor quite a bit and i've been a fan of this idea for a while. i've mentioned it in passing to live design before, but it's just one of several possible changes to viktor's augment(s) which is already an interesting/complicated case to work on.

once season 3 is up and running, i'd love to chat with them about it more and hear their thoughts on the suggestion and how it compares to others.

Điable Ørateur 10-10-2012 03:20 PM

Please enhance viktor , he really needs a boost . I find him the funnest mid to play but i feel hes just not as strong as others

CynicalGiant 10-10-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricklessabandon (Hozzászólás 30086737)
i play viktor quite a bit and i've been a fan of this idea for a while. i've mentioned it in passing to live design before, but it's just one of several possible changes to viktor's augment(s) which is already an interesting/complicated case to work on.

once season 3 is up and running, i'd love to chat with them about it more and hear their thoughts on the suggestion and how it compares to others.

Another possible idea is to give each of the upgraded Augments some sort of Active ability. This would allow him to fit his desired "new" role much better, better define his "evolution" and also make up for the "lack" of an item slot.

Burst active for Death, Poke active for Power and Defense/Support active for Gravity.

Like, hitting/activating the active/passive allows your next death beam to fire 2 beams instead of one (Death) as an example of a possible active. This might be too powerful, but its just an idea.

CynicalGiant 10-10-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?iable Řrateur (Hozzászólás 30086845)
Please enhance viktor , he really needs a boost . I find him the funnest mid to play but i feel hes just not as strong as others

It would be nice for him to be a better mid, but he should honestly be great at 3-4 roles not just 1.