League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lulu support question. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2662747)

Rivayne 10-10-2012 12:12 PM

Lulu support question.

Should I be playing this champ in Solo Queue on ranked? It seems like whenever I solo Queue with her people just yell at me the whole time since I play her aggressive and harass with E, should I just be playing passive, it seems like I usually do better when I just harass people while letting my adc get free farm.

Rivayne 10-10-2012 12:15 PM

Bump

Fronslin 10-10-2012 12:17 PM

(whenever you play ranked, make sure they dont counter pick your playstyle)
Well, I like to play lulu but im no pro, so feel free to disagree with any of this.

I think lulu is good at poking with E but should only be using it as a way to punish anyone who trys to harass, also take into the fact that you can see anyone you E so hitting someone in a bush is a plus

You should E an ally when they might take damage, or to give them more damage, mainly because they will have more AS and pix will do more damage that way.

the overall mood im suggesting is that you play passive, sneaking in damage whenever you can.
Any more questions?

EDIT: also, a little fun fact for you, Pix's attacks are applied as an on-hit. (so it would work on renekton's W, Caits R/ whatever else you can think of)

Muratta 10-10-2012 12:17 PM

Sounds like you're doing it right, e/q harass their ad when he goes in for a last hit. If they want to make a trade out of it, your ad best follow up otherwise they're putting themselves at a disadvantage.

You should, however, guage when to shield your ad or yourself instead of using it offensively.

CryoTyrfing 10-10-2012 12:18 PM

You can't sustain your champion, so harassing is the best route to go. If you can get a harassy AD like Ez you can poke the enemy bot to death.

KodiakDug 10-10-2012 12:19 PM

Well, I don't play ranked, so I can't be of much help on that question, but I think I can still give a decent answer. Most players who follow the meta play passively, farming the minions, and poking only when they have the chance. Very few ADCs work in a very aggressive lane. Additionally, that much harass might lead to the lane getting pushed, bringing in the jungler, causing deaths on your side. I love playing Lulu, and I do poke when I can, but my main focus in on keeping my carry safe. Also, is Lulu the ONLY champ you're playing? If that's the case, you might be forcing yourself into matchups that are horribly outbalanced from your favor.

FrozenXylaphone 10-10-2012 12:19 PM

Lulu is fine in ranked. You might want to take heal though if your ad doesn't since you have no sustain.

Tspuun 10-10-2012 12:21 PM

In lane, Lulu harasses with her E and Q. She's a fun, moderately aggressive support there, and can cover an ally lacking escapes with her W somewhat.

The bigger thing about her, though, is her ult mid to late game. She works best on a team with a strong initiator like Malphite or Alistar or Amumu. Once they initiate, you follow it up with your ult, resulting in a ton of AoE CC and anyone near your tank getting slowed for most of the teamfight.

She's definitely viable, you just have to keep in mind your team composition so that you can make her work the best you can.

Dat Asian Gurl 10-10-2012 12:22 PM

I usually harass with Q and autos, not E -- unless I'm wanting to hit both the enemy ADC and their support. I like to save my E just in case my carry wants to trade/harass the enemy carry, so they can have the extra damage and the trade is a bit more successful due to less damage taken.

Muratta 10-10-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone (Hozzászólás 30080171)
Lulu is fine in ranked. You might want to take heal though if your ad doesn't since you have no sustain.

Typically, exhaust will always be better on a support. If your ad isn't confident with ignite, or even cleanse then it would be more optimal for the ad to take heal over the support(double the heal for the ad).

If you can play smart and poke well, shields and potions should be more than enough to keep you in lane.