League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Finally hit 2k elo... Most important thing I learned: (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2662571)

mr Chronics 10-10-2012 10:37 AM

Finally hit 2k elo... Most important thing I learned:

BE POSITIVE!

There are so many times I get players who are so nerve wrecking and make me want to kill my cat, but you have to hold your emotions in!

Here's a few tips on controlling rage:

1) ITS JUST A GAME! Stop taking things personally. It doesn't matter if you got the same "baddie" in your next game. Its a new game, people have bad games. MOVE ON! It's not fair for the rest of your team if you carry on your anger.

2) NEVER EVER TROLL!
Why? Because there's literally no point. Sure, you get a moment of enjoyment of making your teammates angry, but in the long run, what do you get? 30 minutes of your life wasted and a step back from the elo your working so hard for.

3) Stop trying to force dodges based on picks: So what your teammate locked in Master Yi jungle? For all you know he could be the best Master Yi this game has ever seen. Believe in your team no matter what happens!

4) Be the role model. People on your team raging? Then be the mediator and try to get things right. Stay positive ALWAYS; being positive is contagious (you being positive makes others want to be positive also)

Anyways, I worked hard to get to this elo, and just wanted to share what I think was the biggest helper.

GL summoners!

Spellz 10-10-2012 10:40 AM

but,but HUE mode so fun :)

xciid 10-10-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xChronicSx (Hozzászólás 30078073)
BE POSITIVE!

There are so many times I get players who are so nerve wrecking and make me want to kill my cat, but you have to hold your emotions in!

Ok lets hear them.

Quote:

1) ITS JUST A GAME! Stop taking things personally. It doesn't matter if you got the same "baddie" in your next game. Its a new game, people have bad games. MOVE ON! It's not fair for the rest of your team if you carry on your anger.

True enough, this game is competitive in nature and therefore emotions run high. The key, just like any sport, is not to let those emotions run rampant but to focus yourself.

Quote:

2) NEVER EVER TROLL! Why? Because there's literally no point. Sure, you get a moment of enjoyment of making your teammates angry, but in the long run, what do you get? 30 minutes of your life wasted and a step back from the elo your working so hard for.

People who troll in ranked are stupid. If you are going to troll do it in Normals. It's good to Troll sometimes. Great stress reliever, but do it with a premade of randoms you've undoubtedly picked up on your trip to 30.

Quote:

3) Stop trying to force dodges based on picks: So what your teammate locked in Master Yi jungle? For all you know he could be the best Master Yi this game has ever seen. Believe in your team no matter what happens!

There is a point of trusting too much. I'd recommend not dodging but still playing like you are laning with beginner bots until proven otherwise.

Quote:

4) Be the role model. People on your team raging? Then be the mediator and try to get things right. Stay positive ALWAYS; being positive is contagious (you being positive makes others want to be positive also)

Ok.

Quote:

Anyways, I worked hard to get to this elo, and just wanted to share what I think was the biggest helper.

GL summoners!

Congratulations on hitting 2k! You really only did give one tip to controlling your emotions though.

EyeMtheStron9est 10-10-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

BE POSITIVE!

2) NEVER EVER TROLL!
Why? Because there's literally no point. Sure, you get a moment of enjoyment of making your teammates angry, but in the long run, what do you get? 30 minutes of your life wasted and a step back from the elo your working so hard for.

GL summoners!

Great stuff.
I do this. It 100% works!

dr Chronics 10-10-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

BE POSITIVE!

2) NEVER EVER TROLL!

GL summoners!

So, whats the best lane to play?

Jaden 10-10-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

BE POSITIVE!

GL summoners!

I agree with every point except this one, when people get the rage train going its difficult to stop. I hardly ever see somebody became angry then settle down. Usually goes Darius: WHY DID YOU KS ME! Lee : Sorry I didn't mean to, I just attacked until they died. Darius : AFK. Rest of the team : Cmon Darius we need you let's win this game. Darius : No, Lee doesn't deserve the win.

At least that's what ive been running into in solo que :|

Griftrix 10-10-2012 11:04 AM

You sir made my favorite post this morning. Thank you for sharing your experience. As a related side note, we had a Yi call ADC last ranked I was in, then we had someone lock Ezreal (I was already Shyvanna jungle). We won very soundly. No one was yelling at anyone, and MOST IMPORTANTLY we stuck together and worked as a team.

NenSense 10-10-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

^^ seen this so many times where I've gone into a game expecting to be trolled by an unorthodox pick and am pleasantly surprised to see them dominate in their role. Most recent example was when someone decided to solo top with Sona (which me and most people view as a support) and was quite surprised at Sona's ability to solo top where she won lane and her ult actually did pretty hefty burst with ap items along with providing the invaluable cc for the team.

iMyung 10-10-2012 11:11 AM

Lol OP you were the guy that was getting carried so hard by Vman7 on stream, and raging so hard spamming "Trashbag" to him in all chat after losing to him hard in lane while getting ganks this morning.

Then the next game in champion select, you threaten to duo mid troll AP Yi when he already locked in an AP mid.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

Vozan 10-10-2012 11:14 AM

I just hit 1930 elo and I learned the EXACT same thing. It's more important to be positive than anything else!

Playing well is not ever going to relate to power being positive is.