League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   RIOT please note - "Kick vote" feature in queue to avoid trolls in game (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2662398)

iamshanka 10-10-2012 08:48 AM

RIOT please note - "Kick vote" feature in queue to avoid trolls in game

Once you are in the queue, if someone starts trolling with champion select, I would want to see a kick summoner feature there that is based on vote. To avoid trolls who insta-lock in blind pick, i prefer draft mode as this gives more time to discuss. But I see trolls in draft mode as well. I would not want to quit and face a delay ban for having quit queue. There should be a kick vote for a particular if he starts trolling and wrong picking champs for specific roles. This vote should be made by the rest of the team.

Corner Warrior 10-12-2012 05:18 PM

bump - i like it

Angusthedead 10-12-2012 05:49 PM

Thats a yes vote from me.

canmx120 10-12-2012 06:15 PM

This in ranked only, it's too easily abused by 4 man premade's if it's in normals(repeatedly ban the random for lulz). Even in ranked, whats to stop you from teaming up and banning someone(not a troll) to dodge a game if the other team has a very solid comp that you will most likely lose against? There would have to be a limit on votes per day or some other restriction in ranked que's as well.

RAWRitsJ3zza 10-12-2012 06:42 PM

I've seen this idea quite a lot recently but i think it would make just as many problems as solutions. If there were an option to kick trolls at the start I'm guessing it would be much like the surrender vote where you would need the vast majority of votes to win and since it's so serious at the start I'm guessing it would have to be all four people. With this being said if that troll is with someone they will instantly ruin the vote. Another problem would be that some people might group up and just keep kicking innocent people which in a way is giving trolls more power. This is why I propose that it shouldn't a vote but more like a tally where if someone is a repeat offender they would be more likely to be kicked than someone who is just being ganged up on by trolls. We could still have the vote system and the more votes the more likely they will be kicked but if that solely is the system I'm worried about the people who play by themselves. I hope my ideas help :)

Max Gripness 10-12-2012 09:26 PM

Yes, please.

lockpooh 10-12-2012 10:20 PM

Many people seem to believe that the meta is built into the summoners code. I am really against idea like this, only because everyone assumes that not following the current meta = reportable offense. If someone wants to try twitch middle or AD sona legitimately, I have no problems with that. Really, it's a game and people should be allowed to play the toon they like how they like as long as they really are trying to play the game.

Also, a kick feature will be used and abused. I can imagine people getting kicked because they say something portuguese in chat, not communicating, picked Maokai when everyone else wants him to play Nautilus etc, etc. This community can be extremely toxic and giving them unchecked power really doesn't work well.

I would recommend, instead, if someone has been successfully dealt with through the tribunal there should be a mark next to their name as an indicator that anyone else on their team can dodge the game in champ select without penalty. Maybe mark the habitual leavers, feeders, trollers or those who harrass. You would see them and if you dodge, no penalty for leaving and re-queuing. Though anyone marked will NOT be able to dodge without penalty.

t0ad5 10-13-2012 12:06 AM

Current system punishes people for avoiding losses through trolls and people who clearly will not work together as a team. No fun in that.

I don't care how they implement it, but something other than the options:
1) lose elo
2) be unable to queue for 30 mins

Will go a long way toward improving the game, thus keeping me around buying skins, etc.

Thanks,
Long-time paying customer.

Bukumber Express 10-13-2012 01:07 AM

Queue still gets dodged and everyone has to wait to find another match. The outcast can't suffer a penalty because of abuse. So you vote the troll out of your game, get back into the queue along with the exact same troll who could possibly wind up in the other team's queue when they get reshuffled.

He gets voted out again and the process repeats. It's not stopping trolls, it's actually doing them a favor. They get an infinite supply causing people to queue dodge.