League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   @ riot dominion queue time feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2662254)

prYzm 10-10-2012 05:29 AM

@ riot dominion queue time feedback

So after playing dominion a bunch recently i was wondering if something could be done to queue times in order to pair higher - lower elo discrepancies faster. A little while ago (2-3 months) my fiance and i made new accounts to play some dominion on, we are by no means dominion experts, we dont follow the meta, however she prefers the dominion gameplay to SR because of the current meta.

However now that we have some levels and some games behind us our queue times are long. I mean very long. Short queue times for us take ~12-15 minutes. our current queue (im in loading screen now) was 32 minutes. i started screencapping once a minute from the 23 minute mark.

Im not saying that the algorithm needs a huge change, but perhaps something like the variance testing speed is increased so that opponents of a higher ranking get matched with those of a lower after a shorter period of time. Dominion is fun, but part of the reason i think people dont play it AS MUCH is the astronomical queue times. Something like an infinite loop, less people play -> longer queue times -> makes others less inclined to play again.

If that is not feasible, could myself and my fiance's acount have a manual elo increase OR decrease to put us a lot more on par with other players

Hamm3rhand 10-10-2012 05:39 AM

since you said you made a new account to play dominion (why? regular ones work fine...) then that means that you probably won a lot of your starting games simply by knowing how to play right? That means you got a nice and tidy elo boost. So the problem here is twofold - you are a non-30 account with mid-high elo. There aren't many of those. In like july, riot changed matchmaking to where it would try at all possible to not match 30's with non 30's. (in most cases a good thing) but in the cases where low level, but high elo dominion players, that ends up being where que times are long. if you want to shorten them, you could always play on your regular account :P

prYzm 10-10-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand (Hozzászólás 30074168)
since you said you made a new account to play dominion (why? regular ones work fine...) then that means that you probably won a lot of your starting games simply by knowing how to play right? That means you got a nice and tidy elo boost. So the problem here is twofold - you are a non-30 account with mid-high elo. There aren't many of those. In like july, riot changed matchmaking to where it would try at all possible to not match 30's with non 30's. (in most cases a good thing) but in the cases where low level, but high elo dominion players, that ends up being where que times are long. if you want to shorten them, you could always play on your regular account :P

while i agree with you for the mot part, remember i made a new account to play with my fiance. That aside, 32 minutes in queue seems kinda outrageous no matter what elo you are at. 2600 solo queue elo SR players wait at mot about 10. im not sure why we should ahve to wait for tripple thie HIGHEST RANKED players of the game.

Judas Priest 10-10-2012 06:05 AM

The problem with Dominion is that relatively few people play it, when compared to other maps.

prYzm 10-10-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padre Judas (Hozzászólás 30074510)
The problem with Dominion is that relatively few people play it, when compared to other maps.

thank you for reading the whole post

Quote:

Originally Posted by prYzm
but part of the reason i think people dont play it AS MUCH is the astronomical queue times. Something like an infinite loop, less people play -> longer queue times -> makes others less inclined to play again.