League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Volibear needs some QoL Buffs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660260)

LulzSec 10-09-2012 11:38 AM

Volibear needs some QoL Buffs

First off, Volibear's kit is easily my favorite; he's so incredibly fun. However, I am a jungler, and his jungle is in dire need of a QoL buff.

I don't recall what patch it was, but Riot buffed the jungle so that minions automatically gain 5% of the health when a target leaves the camp area (aka the camp no longer has a target).

Volibear's strongest ability that he has for jungling is his E, which fears minions for 3 seconds, slows and deals damage. There seems to be a broken mechanic with the minion camps where they will gain 5% of the health after coming off of the fear, even though Volibear is still attacking and in range of the camp. Another issue is that sometimes the camps will just reset instead and return to their original positions and heal to full health, specifically on major buffs. If you fear the camp near the edges of their boundary and they roam too far (which is entirely likely because it's a 3 second fear), they reset back to 100%.

I've tested this, the major buffs will regenerate about 150 health when Volibear casts his Thundering Roar ability, which is about the equivalent of 3 auto attacks just on the major golem/lizard, the small lizards, wolves,wraiths etc will also regenerate health too, added sometimes up to 5-6 extra necessary autoattacks to clear the camp. At 0.700 attack speed, that adds up to ~5 extra seconds per camp. That's astronomical for a jungler.

The third issue (which is more of an annoyance than a bug because technically it's working as intended) is if you're getting help with wolves/wraiths and you fear them, they start attacking a random target instead of Volibear who first drew aggro. I'm pretty sure that's a basic mechanic, but maybe if that was looked into as well, Volibear would become a much more popular pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asdioh (Hozzászólás 30057307)
Yeah, sometimes I flip them for "extra damage" but they regain health while they're in the air. -_-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyraxis (Hozzászólás 30056161)
Also when you flip the buff camps they sometimes reset, which can be . . problematic.

Both of these have bee tested as well, both times the camp triggers the 5% instant hp regen.

Now if you are or aren't a Volibear player, you should still see an issue and help me get Riot's attention with this. He's a champion that doesn't get nearly the attention he deserves; this is a necessary QoL buff.

Bunny Killer 10-09-2012 11:43 AM

his ultimate should also work for his abilities instead of only auto attacks.
flip and frenzy can work normally, roar can use volibear as the source

Slappyhorse 10-09-2012 11:44 AM

i downvoted both of you....why? because i wanted to

EDIT: now i downvoted everyone in this thread

LulzSec 10-09-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NomNomNomCakey (Hozzászólás 30053051)
his ultimate should also work for his abilities instead of only auto attacks.
flip and frenzy can work normally, roar can use volibear as the source

It's a solid idea, but I don't want to ask for too much; this is completely necessary for Volibear, there's no way this should be intended at all. His damage is amazing where it's at, the only issue I have with him is that his clear time is significantly set back due to this issue.

Roflwagon 10-09-2012 11:47 AM

I upvoted both of you.. why? because I'm not an obnoxious dbag and I am an avid jungler and find these things rather annoying.

Michael Kane 10-09-2012 11:52 AM

I actually win like 70% of my volibear support games (I try to only play him or GP as support) so any buffs to him are fine by me :D

Edit; Did not read thread. My post is irrelevant....move along :o

LulzSec 10-09-2012 01:44 PM

bump for great jungle justice

Asdioh 10-09-2012 01:49 PM

I used to jungle voli all the time, but this issue with the minions regaining health when feared is too obnoxious to deal with, especially when couple with his already terrible clear time :(

OxBaker 10-09-2012 01:51 PM

Totally agree he could use the QoL buffs but VB seems to be a lot like Trundle in RIOTs eyes. He's not that popular so they don't bother to try do anything with him but rather just let him wallow in mediocrity. Sad cause I'd love for a reason to take him off the shelf for real competition rather than just for fun now and then.

Kyraxis 10-09-2012 01:51 PM

Also when you flip the buff camps they sometimes reset, which can be . . problematic.