League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Auto Skill Level up? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660249)

Basara BaskenJi 10-09-2012 11:36 AM

Auto Skill Level up?

Wouldn't you guys think it'd be awesome if you could choose your skills to auto level up for your champion (kinda like how you do masteries before the game start) to choose what order your skills level up from 1 to 18. I've had plenty of problems where if my skill had been leveled up during a fight or while I was on close hp I could have survived or even saved a teammate, but alas the task it takes to click the + button to level up the skill and the amount of time like 1-2 seconds it takes to actually make the skill usable all throws me off. Of course you may not want to level up your skills all the way that way due to a variety of ways you can level them up during the situation, but they can just add a button in the options where you can turn off the "auto-skill level up". But, majority of people level up their skills in a similar fashion most of the time and rarely does it change for situational reasons. I just thought that this would be a nice feature to add.

SlayerZ 10-09-2012 11:38 AM

no, because leveling skills should be situational
also there is a hotkey to level skills

Slappyhorse 10-09-2012 11:40 AM

sounds interesting and to the guy above... then don't use the automatic level up

Nautweiser 10-09-2012 11:42 AM

HoN's got that. We could have it on LoL too.

rastarogue 10-09-2012 11:42 AM

There is a hotkey to lvl up skills I think it's CTRL+(q,w,e,r)

Basara BaskenJi 10-09-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rastarogue (Hozzászólás 30053031)
There is a hotkey to lvl up skills I think it's CTRL+(q,w,e,r)

Even if there is a hotkey you still overall have to take time out to do that even if its a small amount of time its still very vital.

Wise Squirrel 10-09-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basara BaskenJi (Hozzászólás 30052870)
Wouldn't you guys think it'd be awesome if you could choose your skills to auto level up for your champion (kinda like how you do masteries before the game start) to choose what order your skills level up from 1 to 18. I've had plenty of problems where if my skill had been leveled up during a fight or while I was on close hp I could have survived or even saved a teammate, but alas the task it takes to click the + button to level up the skill and the amount of time like 1-2 seconds it takes to actually make the skill usable all throws me off. Of course you may not want to level up your skills all the way that way due to a variety of ways you can level them up during the situation, but they can just add a button in the options where you can turn off the "auto-skill level up". But, majority of people level up their skills in a similar fashion most of the time and rarely does it change for situational reasons. I just thought that this would be a nice feature to add.

How about an option to have your skill hotkeys lvl up the skill instead if you have skill points available?

I'd use it.

Redrowen 10-09-2012 11:57 AM

I could see this being useful, however there are times when making a split second decision to choose one skill over another comes in very handy. If the skills are being leveled automatically and the pre-determined levels are decided out side of game all sorts of problems could come from that.

As a bad example lets take Kog:
You have skills set to Auto level W-Q-W-E-W-R-(etc)

However right as you hit level two a gank comes in and you need E to survive/turn the fight around but never had a chance to make that decision at the time.

I think I would like it if you could set it up for 6+ maybe, that way it's just filling in the skills as you normally would.

Vox Burakkuhoru 10-09-2012 12:01 PM

I think this is an okay idea, but only if it is optional, also it should be allowed to shut off while in game too.

I've been in games where I lv up to lv 6 mid fight, and I've taken another move other than my ult just to live through or get the kill on the person I'm fighting.

Basara BaskenJi 10-09-2012 08:29 PM

tap