League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   i need help with poppy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660110)

Rinjai 10-09-2012 10:28 AM

i need help with poppy

Like it says I'm trying to play poppy but cant seem to find a good play for her or a build because most of them our out of date,so what im asking if you the readers would be so kind is to list match ups and a build for poppy it would be great,i will take anyone's advise so feel free.

FaerellG 10-09-2012 10:46 AM

She can be played both AD or AP. She's got a very difficult learning curve because she's easily countered in top lane. She does have an advantage against melee opponents in top though because her abilities do a lot of damage, but anyone with some range will just kite her all day long.

So my advice is to learn your trade potential and find ways to farm even when at a disadvantage.

Rinjai 10-09-2012 12:44 PM

bump

XxxLumberJackxxX 10-10-2012 09:00 AM

How is poppy vs rengar?

Kychii 10-10-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaerellG (Hozzászólás 30051738)
She can be played both AD or AP. She's got a very difficult learning curve because she's easily countered in top lane. She does have an advantage against melee opponents in top though because her abilities do a lot of damage, but anyone with some range will just kite her all day long.

So my advice is to learn your trade potential and find ways to farm even when at a disadvantage.

I agree with faerell. I play poppy as an ad top laner. I usually get a philo stone and a heart of gold because of her poor farming ability. Right after, i get a trinity force starting with sheen. she can trade with most melee bruisers but will have problems against.anyone with range.

For the rengar vs poppy. Poppy gets wrecked when trying to trade with rengar and poppy has a hard time getting away from rengar after trading hits.

doombotMECHA 10-10-2012 02:42 PM

here's poppy in a nutshell--easiest mehtod for me.

laning phase vs. any1 with any ranged abilities=HELL. OR WHATEVER OTHER PLACE THAT THE WICKED GO WHEN THEY DIE THAT YOU BELIEVE IN.

I build tabi, sheen, try to hit triforce without dying.
you may want to go bot with a support like nunu or taric who can blunt agression. esp. nunu because once you have a sheen and his build is at a similar level you WRECK. if you can hit triforce AND pd without feeding, you win. your burst kills everything except a full-hp tank--and that's if your stun DOESN'T hit

sonofzeal 10-10-2012 07:59 PM

Simplest Poppy advice: don't play SR. She does better on TT, and much better on Dominion. If you want to play Poppy, take her one of those two places. Otherwise... eh, what the others said will help a bit. But she's unlikely to shine in SR no matter what you do.

AeroCraker 10-10-2012 10:46 PM

She has a really weak laning phase but as the game progresses she gets a lot better

FaerellG 10-11-2012 12:40 AM

Additional note. Yeah she has a very weak laning phase. I would recommend rushing a Philo stone because you will absolutely miss CS and you need the gold badly. If you can survive laning and get farmed up, you will hurt. Poppy is one of the few remaining hyper carries in the game. Like...Vayne is good, but she's not a hyper carry. Vayne can't 1v5 a team and win the trade. Poppy can and there's very little the opponents can do about it because of her ulti.

Once you hit level 6 and have some good damage items, you pretty much tower dive the **** out of your opponents whenever your ult is up.