League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Is playing as Jax in Dom a moral issue? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2659289)

WowGgPrettyEzTho 10-08-2012 10:57 PM

Is playing as Jax in Dom a moral issue?

I mean when you put it terms of willingly ruining the game for 5 other people, it's pretty easy to see it as such. It frustrates me that so many people are willing to do this for the sake of free wins.

Panwar 10-08-2012 11:07 PM

Malphite? Nunu? Frozen Heart?

I'm not saying that Jax isn't damn strong. But there are several damn strong champs in Dom. And there are counters to Jax.

*edit*
Also it's a video game. Short of cheating, or trolling(intentionally ruining the game for others), there are no moral issues.

Reynmaker 10-08-2012 11:13 PM

In the age of Darius, Jayce, Rengar, Khazix and Remade Katerina it's borderline laughable that there is still Jax qq.

Orphane 10-08-2012 11:15 PM

Not nearly as egregious as Jayce, Lulu, and Kass spam, man.

NavyGothic 10-08-2012 11:32 PM

Yeah... it's hard to get too upset about Jax these days when Kassadin has so many new buddies in "omgwtfbbq" tier.

WaterD103 10-08-2012 11:47 PM

Jax is almost just another champ

Risemix 10-09-2012 12:26 AM

Its just a bruiser with carry dps nbd rite

DiscworldDeath 10-09-2012 12:33 AM

Guys, suggesting counters to Jax misses the whole point of what's wrong with the OP.

Ruining the experience of someone choosing to play a champion they enjoy playing, whom you also have the option of playing, is morally questionable.
You can play Jax. You can have allies play Jax (note it only ruins the game for 5 people according to you, the opposition). The champion is in the game, they are not cheating.

Who are you to impinge upon another player's concept of fun, or to question why they are playing a specific champion? If you have an issue with a champion's design, take it with Riot.

Also, the whole concept of "free wins" is ridiculous. 1,400 Elo is full of players spamming supposedly "free win" champions, and yet they can't break 1,500 Elo.
1600 Elo is full of people spamming Jax, Darius, et al and they can't make it to 1.8k Elo.

2k Elo is full of players who spam kassadin and yet can barely win 50% of their games.
etc.

No win is free. Assuming no d/cs and such.

Tempestphile 10-09-2012 01:07 AM

Trust me, meet an annoying Rengar or Darius, and you will think Jax is ok

GrignardTS 10-09-2012 04:31 AM

Maybe it's because I mostly play mages, but I'll take a Jayce over Jax on bottom any day. I'd take even Darius over Jax. Darius is much easier to kite than Jax. He just keeps leaping on you every few seconds. Darius has one, long CD, short range pull.

Sure, you'll be able to play around with Jax in lane for the first 12m, but after that adding in the fact that will have close to a major item over most of your top, he'll just start rushing and successfully 1v2ing under your tower...

Worst I've seen Jayce do: "Oh look, he traded for 50% of my HPs and I didn't touch him..."

Worst I've seen Jax do: "Oh look, Jax just took out 60% of my team by himself..."

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyGothic (Hozzászólás 30042523)
Yeah... it's hard to get too upset about Jax these days when Kassadin has so many new buddies in "omgwtfbbq" tier.

Mostly this I think. But please, just because the cheezy Dominion champions got a bit bigger (release balance issues) doesn't mean forget about him. Remember we are ahead of the SR learning curve. We see OPness they do not. Jayce is being looked at and him sure that Khz will be discovered soon. Counters are counters and everyone has them. It doesn't change the fact that a late game bottom fed Jax is literally...literally unstoppable.

TL;DR: The thing that is most scary about Jax is that he's a tankyderp that scales comparable to Vanye. And in Dominion, you know he will get to this point. Every. Single. Game.