League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 16

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2659124)

Dear Cryophoenix 10-08-2012 09:37 PM

The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Anivia glides through the caverns with a practiced ease, her wings beating only occasionally as she banks past towering rock formations. A shimmering mist trais her every turn, falling gently towards the summoners making their way to and from the Institute of War. Rather than enter the great double doors of the Instute, Anivia flew over it, telling herself that she didn't fear the magics of the reflecting chamber, she only wished to avert the inconvenience of finding a summoner willing to open so many doors for her. She descended through a large courtyard gracefully, the crystals of her wings chiming feintly as she lighted near the building set aside for her use when her business brought her to the institute. Folding her wings behind her back, she waited a few moments for the mists to settle before turning toward the courtyard, where she caught the curious gaze of several youthful summoners.

"When winter falls across Freljord, all that call the region home must must wait out its storms. No political dispute can contend with the raw power of a blizard, and I find myself with a sudden preponderance of free time. Let it be known that I am here to share my wisdom with any who should seek it. You need only come to me and ask."

She tilts her head sideways, indicating the structure behind her, before turning towards it. While a phoenix might be a picture of grace and beauty in the air, any who saw Anivia strut across the cobbled stones of the courtyard would agree that they are not built for the land. With a dignified sweep of her wing, Anivia opens the door of her dwelling, disappearing inside to await any visitors.

Kameil 10-08-2012 10:06 PM

Cryopheonix,

One of your abilities, named Flash Frost, how does it stun your opponent when the sphere of ice explodes?

Also, a simple question... How are you? Not many are asked how their days are. So I might as well ask.

BloatedBile 10-08-2012 11:23 PM

hey nivs

how patient r u? Also sometimes i feel that your to slow in the battlefield

-bb

Pulsefire Ezrčal 10-09-2012 12:25 AM

(( *rubs hands* >:3 ))

Good day, Anivia !

It has been a while since I haven't seen you outside of the fields of Justice ! I have a question : How do you view Runeterra as for now and the conflicts occuring between Noxus and Demacia ? Also, what are your opinions about me ?

Cheers !

-Ezreal.

Geokhan 10-09-2012 12:34 PM

((You got some big shoes to fill, but you write good and I expect you'll do fine.))

Anivia,

How fares the rara avis?

Also, did your previous world have to contend with the Void as does ours?

Dear Cryophoenix 10-09-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameil (Hozzászólás 30040824)
Cryopheonix,

One of your abilities, named Flash Frost, how does it stun your opponent when the sphere of ice explodes?

Also, a simple question... How are you? Not many are asked how their days are. So I might as well ask.

"Greetings, summoner Kameil. I must say it is refreashing to find an elf among among the throngs of the Institute of War. May you serve your people well, underrepresented as they are.

To answer your question, the power that you know as Flash Frost is somewhat deceptive. Rather than truly generating a solid sphere of ice, I focus my power on reducing the temperature of the air to extremely low temperatures and send it outward from myself. As the pocket of frigid air moves toward my target, water vapors from the air freeze instantly upon it, giving it the appearance of a sphere of ice, despite being merely a shell. By shattering the icy shell, I can release the frigid air within causing all nearby objects to freeze momentarily, including those unfortunate enough to be standing nearby. The skill is so named for this freezing result, rather than the chill experienced by those who come to near the traveling sphere.

As for..." Anivia stops and blinks. "I've been asked such a thing so rarely I'm not really sure what to say." She refolds her wings in trepidation as she tries to stumble her way through a response. "Today I've already spoken to Ryze and several high summoners of their efforts to summon forth other elementals and taken part in more matches than I care to recall. But that doesn't answer how I am. Honestly, this moment of trying to define how I am might be the most invigorating moment of my day, and I'm apalled that I cannot suitably respond. I spend so much of my time trying to correct the greater wrongs of the world and locked in bitter conflict with my fellow champions that I've shut myself off to the pain and worry it causes, leaving nothing. I thank you, summoner, for reminding me that not all in this world is strife and imbalance."

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloatedBile (Hozzászólás 30042362)
hey nivs

how patient r u? Also sometimes i feel that your to slow in the battlefield

-bb

"I have seen my old world end countless times. After such catastrophy, it takes aeons and aeons of time before life begins to crawl upon the world once more, and even longer before it becomes worth interacting with. On several instances, I have become isolated from my fellow phoenixes during this time, forced to spend an eternity with only my own thoughts to accompany me. I should think that no other word could accurately describe those who take the role of protector over a world. The same is true on all scales. As I speak to the leaders of Valoran I can only offer my wisdom, abiding by their decisions even when I have seen the results countless times in countless other civilizations. Here at the institute, I endure the human-centric constructions we stay in, unable to even open most of the doors I approach. On the Fields of Justice, I endure the commands of novice summoners fresh from their minion days, no matter how outlandish they might be. But know this, summoner, patience is not acceptance. I am patient because I know that those around me must learn their own ways and come to their own decisions or else I become nothing more than a tyrant."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pulsefire Ezrčal (Hozzászólás 30043296)
(( *rubs hands* >:3 ))

Good day, Anivia !

It has been a while since I haven't seen you outside of the fields of Justice ! I have a question : How do you view Runeterra as for now and the conflicts occuring between Noxus and Demacia ? Also, what are your opinions about me ?

Cheers !

-Ezreal.

"And even as I name the insurmountable challenge of braving a Freljordian blizzard, the one man I might believe could do it should appear. Whether it has been so long since we last spoke I am not so sure. It seems like just yesterday that Shyvana approached us about a romantic relationship." Anivia pauses to chuckle at the memory of the encounter. "Your question, however, seems rather broad. Of all people, you should know that I still have much to explore of Runeterra, and to form an opinion of the world as a whole would be necessarily short-sighted and flawed. Yet the more that I see of your world with each passing day, the more convinced I become that my time here is well spent. There is a beauty to this world quite different from any of the iterations of my own, and I hope to preserve that as long as might be possible.

If you are asking about my view on the conflicts between Noxus and Demacia in general, you should know that I've seen many such wars on my home world. While the political ideologies of Noxus and Demacia may be much more clean cut than I have seen in the past, both have their advantages and faults. It is not my place on this world to mediate the political squabbles of different factions, but rather to correct the magical balance of the land that has been so ravaged by your rune wars. My biggest concern with respect to the city states is that tensions may escalate to war once more: This land cannot handle another rune war, and I may have no choice to intervene and end the war by any means necessary.

As far as you are concerened, young explorer, you should know that I hold you in quite high esteme. It takes a unique breed to explore the mysteries and dangers of the world, and I often find myself enthralled by the tails of your exploits. I urge you not to become reckless in your travels. A lone explorer can easily pass from life to legend for the smallest of mistakes."

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Dear Cryophoenix 10-09-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geokhan (Hozzászólás 30054288)
((You got some big shoes to fill, but you write good and I expect you'll do fine.))

Anivia,

How fares the rara avis?

Also, did your previous world have to contend with the Void as does ours?

Anivia quirks her head to one side, "Rara avis? I'm not sure if I'm sure what you're trying to... wait, rare bird?" She tucks her head under a wing in embarassment. "I assure you, besides the minor inconvenience of living in these human dwellings, I am doing quite fine. Although I do often find myself thinking of those of my kind I left behind during long flights." She shakes her head at her mistake. "Yours is the first language I've not heard grow from the first bellows of beasts, you know."

"As for your question of the Void, we did indeed have occasional contact. The Void is a realm bent on sundering the bounderies between itself any world it can devour. As an elemental protector of my world, I occasionally found myself called upon to seek out and destroy a voidling that had crossed the rift, slaying entire villages before it could be stopped. These events were sporatic and isolated, nothing like the invasion of with Malzahar speaks. Look at the void creatures you have already encountered: Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw and Kha'Zix are willing and able to consume anything in their paths in order to grow in power and strength. But to what end? The plans of the Void are yet unclear, but it is certainly among the greatest threats to this world. I fear for the safety of my people should the Void be gaining more power than it had back then."

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

AskKarthus 10-09-2012 02:12 PM

(( Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy, we have another Anivia. Just a heads up, the forum expects a lot from Anivia RPers. Other than that, welcome. ))

How does your kind consider death?

Dear Cryophoenix 10-09-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskKarthus (Hozzászólás 30056674)
(( Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy, we have another Anivia. Just a heads up, the forum expects a lot from Anivia RPers. Other than that, welcome. ))

How does your kind consider death?

"Greetings, Deathsinger. I suppose I should have expected such a question from you. It may come as a surprise to you that we Phoenix are more in tune with death than most of the mortals we have watched over. Consider that a mortal may see hundreds of deaths of those they know, thousands that they don't depending on the violence of their lives. I have personally attended the deaths of millions of close friends. Witnessed the passing of more souls than even a lich could dare dream of. Entire civilizations with their own unique personalities, arts, and histories have risen and fallen under my protection. In the face of such loss, it would be impossible to deny inevitibilty of death for all who dwell on a planet. Indeed, I have personally felt all the pain of death many times. Being reborn merely allows us to remember and dwell on the finality of that event for those who cannot.

That said, a true death is exceedingly rare among my kind. To outlive an aeon-old friends is as painful as any death I have experienced. Yet we know that death is an eventuality for us all. As the bodies of mortals become one with earth, replenishing and sustaining it, so too the true death of a phoenix releases their magics back into world they inhabit. As Nasus would certainly tell you, the cycle of life and death is unending. Without it, the word runs dry."

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

The Cryophoenix 10-09-2012 09:05 PM

(( From the old Anivia! Don't let the similar names confuse you. <3

Hee, you beat me back to Anivia by about a week or two! But I have to state it now, I can't even tell you how happy I am to see someone else pick up Anivia and do justice to her like you are! For a moment there I was afraid that Anivia would get no love after I stepped down!

I wanted to wait until I read a few of your posts before I gave a shout out on this board, and I have to say you are doing a phenomenal job at portraying my favorite Champion! Both your writing and story telling skills are well refined and I can tell you take the same time and effort I once did to reply to questions and do justice to The Cryophoenix (Anivia that is, not me)! You must have some experience in this, I can tell. ;)

I leave Anivia entirely in your hands without a worry in my mind, and I hope you stick around and offer your awesomeness to the RP Board like I once did back when we were spamming the Lore Boards! I can "retire" in peace now, I state with dramatic flair.
^ v ^

Good luck and happy RPing to you in the future!))